GA - 1 dead, 9-year old girl wounded in Walmart shooting - March 30, 2024

Clearsky

Reaction score

One of the victims, 19-year-old Antavius Holton of Riverdale died from his injuries. The nine-year-old girl is expected to survive.

Fayetteville Police say 19-year-old Adrian Jelks is the suspected gunman. They say he was working at the Walmart when the shooting occurred.

IMG_5106.jpg

Very upsetting -- guns in the wrong hands can do so much damage, and sometimes the damage cannot be undone.
Sympathy goes out to the family of Antavius Holton. Good wishes and healing for the 9 y/o and for those who love her.

One of the victims, 19-year-old Antavius Holton of Riverdale died from his injuries. The nine-year-old girl is expected to survive.

Fayetteville Police say 19-year-old Adrian Jelks is the suspected gunman. They say he was working at the Walmart when the shooting occurred.

IMG_5106.jpg
Also from this story:
On Saturday morning, police announced they had arrested 19-year-old Sandra Romero Nunez from Fayetteville. She is in the Fayette County Jail with warrants for party to a crime for murder and aggravated assault.

Investigators have not confirmed how exactly she was involved.

I noticed this from another story on the incident. BBM.
According to the investigation, officers believe that it was an isolated incident and that Jelks planned to shoot the man. Officers identified the child as an innocent bystander who was struck by a stray bullet.

Does this mean Jelks was planning to shoot Holton at the store (i.e. a planned meetup)?
Or did Holton do something at the store which angered Jelks?
Confusingly written, or perhaps confusing statement by LE to begin with.
Also, donuts to dollars Jelks wasn't authorized to be carrying a firearm while working.
MOO

ETA: spelling correction in last sentence

Last edited:
I noticed this from another story on the incident. BBM.

According to the investigation, officers believe that it was an isolated incident and that Jelks planned to shoot the man. Officers identified the child as an innocent bystander who was struck by a stray bullet.

Does this mean Jelks was planning to shoot Holton at the store (i.e. a planned meetup)?
Or did Holton do something at the store which angered Jelks?
Confusingly written, or perhaps confusing statement by LE to begin with.
Also, donuts to dollars Jelks wasn't authorized to be carry a firearm while working.
MOO
I think they worked together at the Walmart but that’s just MOO from the weirdly worded articles.

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - The suspect in a deadly shooting at a Fayetteville Walmart last week has turned himself in, according to the city’s police department.

Adrian Jelks, 19, surrendered to the College Park Police Department and was transferred to Fayetteville police custody after 2 a.m. on Wednesday. He faces charges of murder and aggravated assault, jail records show.
Suspect in deadly Fayetteville Walmart shooting turns himself in, police say

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwg3232
Back