GA GA - Andrue 'Trent' Hires Jumped From Barnett's Creek Bridge After Car Chase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
SBM
...23-year-old Andrew Hires, who goes by Trent,... [snip] The Thomasville man was last seen Sunday night, near Barnetts Creek. According to the Grady County Sheriff’s Office, he led deputies on a car chase and crashed into the creek bridge’s wall after he jumped out while his vehicle was still in drive. Hires then jumped from the bridge, and deputies say they’re unsure if he landed in water or on the embankment.
# More at link

SBM
...last spotted near the Thomas-Grady County line.
...near the Highway 84 over Barnett’s Creek
“We’re encouraged by that, that he wasn’t severely injured or fatally injured by jumping off the bridge but he’s still missing,” Jones said.
The Thomas County Sheriff’s office has listed Hires as a missing person. However, Hires still faces charges for fleeing, as well as for meth and a gun that was found in his car.
# More at link

Thomas County Sheriff's Office
We need your help in locating Trent Hires. He was last seen on Sunday night near Barnetts Creek. If you know Trent’s location or how to make contact with him, please have him contact his family or our office at 2292253315

293916657_423853779781922_7443477016925480878_n.jpg
293583085_423853746448592_6525551736214080847_n.jpg

Trent Hires - FB page

Oct 19, 2022

SBM

...no indication if Hires is alive or was fatally injured while trying to escape. “We are working both sides of the investigation,” Jones said. “We are trying to either make a body recovery or solve a crime, so we can give closure to the family.” [snip] Jones wants Hires to know it is no longer about the warrants; they want to make sure he is safe.

Trent's father and brother were arrested for murdering Andrew Hill of Thomasville. The pair think Hill is responsible for Trent's disappearance.

Aug. 31, 2022
SBM

...a report of an aggravated assault that happened in the 300 block of Martin Rd in Boston. [snip] ...evidence that a possible shooting had occurred. {snip] ...Hill’s body was found...

Sep 8, 2022
SBM

One of the men reportedly screamed at Hill, questioning where his son was, before shooting him. Hill responded to the man that he didn’t kill his son, before two more gunshots went off. The witness believes the argument originated from the disappearance of Andrue “Trent” Hires, who is the son of Anthony “Tony” Hires.

Some of the comments on these posts and the one linked above in post #2 had me running through rabbit holes. It was all interesting reads but I'm still none the wiser on what caused Trent to disappear. I know TCSO says Trent jumped off a bridge, but people don't go around killing other people b/c their son/brother jumped off a bridge. Something stinks about this case and I don't think it's the fish in the water under Barnett's Creek bridge. :confused: o_O MOO

31 Aug 2022
On Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at about 5:30 PM, Thomas County Deputies received a report of an Aggravated Assault that occurred in the 300 block of Martin Rd in Boston Ga. When Deputies arrived, they found evidence that a possible shooting had occurred. The Thomas County Sheriff’s Office requested the assistance of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) Region 9 Office and U. S. Marshal’s Office. A joint investigation was initiated into the possible death of Andrew Hill. Mr. Hill’s body was subsequently found earlier today in Brooks County by law enforcement personnel. The joint investigation is being conducted with oversight provided by the Thomas County District Attorneys’ Office. The Thomas Co. Sheriff’s Office and the entire investigative team would like to extend their sincere condolences to Mr. Hill’s family.

7 Oct 2022
There is a $2500 reward for information leading to the location of Trent Hires. Please contact the Thomas County Sheriff's Office at 2292253300.

This article has some details at least:

Trent’s last known whereabouts are on Highway 84 over Barnett’s Creek.

Trent’s last known whereabouts are on Highway 84 over Barnett’s Creek.

“I go over the Barnett’s Creek Bridge every now and then. I still holler, you know, thinking that he’s still out there but…knowing that he’s not,” said Kala Hires, Trent’s sister.

Trent leaves behind two sons. His mom Tammy said she’s beaten cancer twice, but still, her son’s disappearance is the toughest battle she faces every day.

“My heart knows. My baby is in heaven. This is 733 days that he’s not contacted me or his sister,” Tammy said

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back