GA GA - Atlanta, WhtMale 1029UMGA, 50-70, w/ photo of young girl, Dec'80

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also I wonder what time this kind of letters were used. I looked up some Dutch lettering we had to learn in school in "the old days" (around 1969) but it doesn't look like this. It must be older or another learning system.

I got an email from the investigator (Fulton County) handling the case, today. The investigator is in contact with a detective from the Provincial Police in Ontario, Canada. The are going to send DNA of the missing's family, and a sample of the remains to an FBI lab for testing. According to the investigator, the process could take a few months. The investigator is kindly updating me, and I'll report back here as soon as I receive more information.

Looking into this for this John Doe as dates and places match, then found the following:
MACGREGOR, Donald Alexander - www.therecord.com | TheRecord.com

What a strange resemblance between the two photos of these men with same name.....(see nose, ears, cheecks..), no?!

Also I wonder what time this kind of letters were used. I looked up some Dutch lettering we had to learn in school in "the old days" (around 1969) but it doesn't look like this. It must be older or another learning system.

It's a rather distinctive hand, but it looks to me like it's probably standard American cursive (Palmer method) as taught in most schools until the 90's and maybe beyond. In fact, it looks a lot like my mother's writing. Based on my mother's age when the letter was written, I'd guess that the letter writer was in grade school in the late 1940's, which would put the decedent at the upper end of the estimated age range.

Extreme newbie on the UID forum, so I'm sorry if this is not helpful. But what if Dwight is the son who wrote the letter and Pam is his daughter, the one in the picture? Meaning he wrote the letter and signed it from both of them and enclosed the picture. Probably not the case but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Extreme newbie on the UID forum, so I'm sorry if this is not helpful. But what if Dwight is the son who wrote the letter and Pam is his daughter, the one in the picture? Meaning he wrote the letter and signed it from both of them and enclosed the picture. Probably not the case but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

That's certainly a possibility, and not one I had thought of.

Indeed, the last sentence in the letter made me think Dwight could be his dog. Maybe she is talking about her cat (cat + etc.) and the dog had to get used to each other (they both had....something ...illins) but he is behaving now. I still can't find a logical word thinking about the cat/dog situation. Maybe somebody else can.

"Villains" spelled incorrectly?

714 778-7448 is what I think the number sequence is. An Anaheim, CA number. At least now.
When I was trying to look up the case I typed in just 278-3448 which is also now a Mobil number in GA. I wonder if any local GA landline at the time could have bore those numbers also?

Maybe someone has done this, but, new records are added all the time so it's worth a shot:
I was looking at ancestry for marriage info for spouses named Pam and Dwight with a DOB that makes them possible to be children of this guy (then added the 10+- years swing on there).
There are a couple good possibilities on there but I won't have time to run them down for a while. If anyone has the time to dig into it it may be a decent avenue.

Has the OPP responded regarding Donald Alexander MacGregor missing from Florida in May of 1973? He had planned to visit Panama City. He left from Miami. If we don't know his means of transportation, it is possible he used public transportation. The area this UID was found would be the route from Miami to Panama City.

I live in Ontario. My daughter has a school picture almost identical to the girl in the photo. I am a sewer, and I made her a jumper out of Viyella which she wore with a cotton turtle neck. This was circa 1975 when she was 4 years old. I also checked to see that 278 was an exchange number for the area of Woodbridge and Markham, suburbs of Toronto.

I have been interested in this case for a while and MacGregor was the individual whom I always wondered was this UID.

Quite, for a case this old.
The area code and exchange for the OPP number is right where I live. I think I might give them a call.

I would have thought SOME submissions may have been made even if they didn't pan out. I wonder if it's because there is an international component to it?

This thought has always been in the back of my mind, but has been especially nagging at me in the light of recent developments in the Bear Brook case. I can’t explain anything other than the resemblance and possible explanation of why no one has come forward to claim this gentleman...

The girl in the photo looks so very much like the unidentified child of Rasmussen found in the barrel in Allenstown, NH.
C1480514-7571-4CED-9231-4CA431EF52D7.jpeg9610C827-8794-48B4-9B8E-5A69426FEA18.jpegD2811989-375E-428C-B8E1-FBD19741E8AA.png
7E738EBE-BA2E-4F09-AECA-7AC76E2B7805.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back