Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was a video posted here that had a lady talking, she and her husband own an antique shop. Said the Runions stopped and asked for directions, but the road they asked about didn't exist. The lady was upset because she knew Towns as well, and felt if she had talked to Towns that day, it might have been enough to stop him. I know I watched it, an interview from a news station, but I don't know where I saw the link!

It would not surprise me if he was hopped up on drugs for the longest time, and maybe the residual effects last quite awhile.
IMOO.

No i think coming off of something, you need an upper or a downer by then, he'd been without for a day or two by the time of arrest and these videos, I'd think he'd be irrate and uncooperative if he was detoxing or coming down of a high or some obvious personality change, I've seen that, it's not pretty, lots of marijuana down there, wouldn't have same effect tho, it's mild, but that usually leads pepole to harder stuff later

I didnt' really see evil, I was alerted only to his calm deameanor, I never thought he was smirking, but I could be wrong, he just seemed (in my mind assessing it all putting myself in his shoes)like he was trying not to act guilty or something, he sure didnt' seem to have any feelings and certainly no emotion, whatever that would imply, if anything
Im with you. I actually dont see pure evil. I think the eye sees what it wants to see. If we get the vibe someone is guilty, we say they look guilty and evil and micro analyse their reactions and demeanor.
My first impression when he walked in was that he was a bit shocked to see all the media and possibly his family. I thought he looked like he was trying to keep himself together to be honest.
I think this mans life has taken a turn for the worse beginning with a failed relationship and has made a huge huge mistake. I dont think he was pure evil.
Ill be happy to eat my words when more details come out though :)

Doesn't ring a bell -- but hope you can find it.

Think I better take myself over to the McRae Topix here soon and see what all is being said. Y'all have got me curious now.

sorry, dont' know how to double quote yet.........i think originally from margarita25 question backwoods responded to

hatfields and mccoy? Romeo and Juliette? lol, Billy, Billy, doesn't ring a bell, hope you find out, I'll be humming that tune all day now, trying to think of what it is, lol

very interesting over at topix, saw some serious questions about family and relations, which one of you was it? lol there was a name mentioned on topix in regards to property in mcrae/scotland or such who was also seen on the sideline discussion of the SS report of this same individual, named at topix, not david somebody, another, he was allegedly naming the site of the bodies and car I think

I can believe some of that is true that I"m reading there, I'm sure there are some attention **ores at topix too but some of them know something or are reliving past situations that makes them think that of this case also

I'm so sad about the Runions, RT was clearly involved somehow, I really pray he didnt' do it, unless I talked with him, I think I could kind of tell something more, but seeing his picture, I can't tell by just looking unless eh was being obviously smug, or laughing etc, I knew Casey anthony was guilty, even tho found not guilty or whatever, she was very histrionic and psychopathic acting, this kids seems cooperative, most men these days aren't in their 20's btw, IMO, maybe in the 1800's a person in their 20's would be considered a man,

I was sitting here talking to my better half last night, filling her in about the details of this case. She's not much of a Websleuther, but she follows along when I talk about some of these cases.

I was explaining to her about Town's and the details surrounding the murder, when she asked me about the money, or lack there-of that the Runion's would have been carrying. I explained to her that "rumor" had it they may have been carrying around $22,000 on them when they drove to meet Town's. She replied, "Wow, that WOULD have been a bargain". Since I'm not into car restoration or fixing up old clunkers, and have no idea what things like that are worth, I asked her to explain further.

She told me that she had been to numerous car shows with her sister and her sisters boyfriend back in the day, and they had seen many 1966 mustangs that had been restored to "like new" condition. It was her recollection that many of them had a price tag in the $40,000-$50,000 dollar range. So, 22K for a 1966 mustang convertible in pristine condition would be a hell of a deal.

Personally, I think Bud Runion took a big chunk of cash with him when he drove down to meet with Ronnie T. I think part of the reason they up'ed the charges from Theft by Deception to Armed Robbery is because they did find cash. I have a suspicion that the "evidence they planted" in his trailer house (per his mother) was the cash he stole from the Runion's. Runion may have been saving up this money for years and years and had it hidden around his house somewhere, who knows. I think a big part of the reason that he took his wife June with him on the trip that day, was because he had every intention of driving that mustang back home to Marietta, with her following him.

None of us know how long Bud and RT talked, how many times, or what was said. I suspect that RT may have told him to bring the cash he needed to buy it because he wouldn't take a check. Maybe he told Bud there wasn't any banks around there. Maybe he told him he had 3 other cash buyers. I don't know, but whatever he told him, it made Bud throw caution to the wind and head down there lickety-split. For someone in the market to get a classical car, all fixed up with the bells and whistles, for essentially HALF price......would be too much of a lure to ignore. It's also possible that Bud showed up with a cashiers' check, which would have angered the hell out of RT since there would be no way he could cash it without it being traced back to him.

I have a pretty good idea what happened out there by the retention pond that day too, but I'll save that thought for later.

Think I better take myself over to the McRae Topix here soon and see what all is being said. Y'all have got me curious now.

I don't think so. I believe it was because he had lost so much weight. His brother, when interviewed, was very thin. He probably has dropped some weight fast.

My first reaction was the difference in his looks in relation to the blonde photo of RT, I think that photo was seen with his wife too or girlfriend at the time,she deleted her FB I understand, thinking he was younger in that picture, maybe in hes earlier 20's to24 maybe, but I dont' know what his brother looks like but the last 2 current photos he looks pretty much teh same but not exact but thinner in both than the blonde photo, he's recently divorced the MSM stated, so could be drugs adn who knows what caused the divorce too

steelman, I was reading and nodding in agreement. Many years ago, my first car was one my Dad restored, and I was offered $35000 for it!! No I didn't sell it, in fact, my Dad has it back, and use to take it to car shows. But that we're talking 20yrs ago when I owned the car! I have no idea what the value of it would be now.

I should have clarified I have never heard a statement like that from an LE (have heard plenty of friends and family though!).

NP, i've heard it before but not sure exaactly if from LE but still thinking everybody knows everybody down there so I think, as I've stated previously, SS was as stunned as any, his deameanor seemed as if he was a little disturbed, having trouble swallowing this kid doing this also even if he was into some minor trouble or questioning prior, this was double murder, was probably a little taken aback, probably some down there he wouldn't have had trouble believing they'd do this had it been someone more sinsister I suppose, and on the other hand, if SS is an upstanding citizen himself, proably hated this happened in his town, they dont' need any bad media or like it I'm guessing

Just tried looking up 66 Mustang values, and this case is what comes up the most on Google. Without seeing a photo of what Towns claimed to have, it's hard to say whether it seemed like a good deal or not. With the classic cars, in many years there aren't many left of particular color, or certain motors, etc. As someone stated, the value is what someone is willing to write a check for. And I guess in many cases, that is true. What is valuable to one person, might not be to the next.

Im with you. I actually dont see pure evil. I think the eye sees what it wants to see. If we get the vibe someone is guilty, we say they look guilty and evil and micro analyse their reactions and demeanor.
My first impression when he walked in was that he was a bit shocked to see all the media and possibly his family. I thought he looked like he was trying to keep himself together to be honest.
I think this mans life has taken a turn for the worse beginning with a failed relationship and has made a huge huge mistake. I dont think he was pure evil.
Ill be happy to eat my words when more details come out though :)

Yes, I'll wait for the trial, not to say I dont think he could have or even acted alone in this but not wanting to poopoo the cruelty of this action towards the Runions either, it was deplorable and somebody did this, I just didnt' see evil, maybe numbness or something else too

whoever did this, i want them to be held accountable definitely, maybe i just can't see it readily in the pics online of RT , IDK

but steelman is right, there was something and lots of cash was likely it, for him to be arrested for this crime

more to come i'm sure

Just tried looking up 66 Mustang values, and this case is what comes up the most on Google. Without seeing a photo of what Towns claimed to have, it's hard to say whether it seemed like a good deal or not. With the classic cars, in many years there aren't many left of particular color, or certain motors, etc. As someone stated, the value is what someone is willing to write a check for. And I guess in many cases, that is true. What is valuable to one person, might not be to the next.

seller might have stated it needed a minor this or that the reason for the price? , or seller stated he needed so much money for whatever and was letting it go cheaper,if it was cheaper, or maybe simply it was exactly the color and make and model Bud was looking for

Was a video posted here that had a lady talking, she and her husband own an antique shop. Said the Runions stopped and asked for directions, but the road they asked about didn't exist. The lady was upset because she knew Towns as well, and felt if she had talked to Towns that day, it might have been enough to stop him. I know I watched it, an interview from a news station, but I don't know where I saw the link!

hmm, interesting, she felt she could h ave talked him OUT OF something meaning she knew Towns would do something like this??

would love to see that video, would love it if that had happened before all this did!

My opinion is that RT planned on murdering the Runions from the get-go. ..

Totally agree. Both were shot in the head. That suggests to me that murder was the plan all alone, and it wasn't some sort of a struggle.
I bet he told them he would only take cash (no checks) and the car was cheaper than what others would sell it for.

I explained to her that "rumor" had it they may have been carrying around $22,000 on them when they drove to meet Town's.

I agree that they were ready to buy if they liked it, it was way too long of a drive to just look and then come back to buy later. Bringing 22k in cash would be crazy though, a cashiers check is as good as cash, course there would need to be room to negotiate so most in a cashiers check and some in cash.

Seeing the original craigs list ad is just so sad, you have to know he was sooooo excited. Like other posters have said I do expect Mr. Runion was armed, he at least had a weapon in the car, something must have occurred to lure them out of the vehicle. If they really did both sustain head shots then hopefully it was pretty quick/painless, a lot of criminals will beat the elderly to death once they get the upper hand.

I agree that they were ready to buy if they liked it, it was way too long of a drive to just look and then come back to buy later. Bringing 22k in cash would be crazy though, a cashiers check is as good as cash, course there would need to be room to negotiate so most in a cashiers check and some in cash.

Seeing the original craigs list ad is just so sad, you have to know he was sooooo excited. Like other posters have said I do expect Mr. Runion was armed, he at least had a weapon in the car, something must have occurred to lure them out of the vehicle. If they really did both sustain head shots then hopefully it was pretty quick/painless, a lot of criminals will beat the elderly to death once they get the upper hand.

Cashiers check could be faked. So many sellers on craigslist would accept cash only.

steelman, I was reading and nodding in agreement. Many years ago, my first car was one my Dad restored, and I was offered $35000 for it!! No I didn't sell it, in fact, my Dad has it back, and use to take it to car shows. But that we're talking 20yrs ago when I owned the car! I have no idea what the value of it would be now.

Even though I am typically a "girly girl" there is nothing like a classic car that can bring out the "guy" in me so I have to say, "HOLD THAT CAR NEAR AND DEAR!". There is also nothing like having a classic your daddy worked on!

http://www.macon.com/2015/01/27/3553276/telfair-sheriff-killing-suspect.html

"Telfair County Magistrate Judge Bryan Selph denied bond for 28-year-old Ronnie “Jay” Towns during a hearing late Tuesday afternoon. Afterward, Towns was taken to the Dodge County jail in Eastman."

OK ...then wonder why he is being taken to another county?? Is it a precautionary measure?

The back of his black & white jail suit was imprinted with Talfair County ...
(I am only commenting on what I saw and watched at the "LIVE UN-CUT" Judge Selph bond hearing.)

I guess then his new Stripes will say Dodge County.

I didn't see a link but I did watch the coverage on WSB yesterday. I looked on their site but did not find a clip. Her name was Angela Kinnett. She owns an antique/country store on US 441 S. It appears to be located at the intersection of Old Prison Camp Rd and 441 (right near Kinnett Rd., go figure). Tried to post link but isn't working. Sorry!

I wondered how they had the wrong road name. Did RT give him those directions so they'd purposely not be able to tell anyone exactly where they were meeting or was it just a GPS foul? Either way, curious if it prompted them to call him to get clarification or to let him know they might be late. That might have been the call that helped police confirm they had made it to McRae. Just speculating.

I realized yesterday how people coined the phrase "made my blood boil" after reading how the Runions were killed. I literally felt myself get hot. Haven't been able to get it off my mind since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was sitting here talking to my better half last night, filling her in about the details of this case. She's not much of a Websleuther, but she follows along when I talk about some of these cases.

I was explaining to her about Town's and the details surrounding the murder, when she asked me about the money, or lack there-of that the Runion's would have been carrying. I explained to her that "rumor" had it they may have been carrying around $22,000 on them when they drove to meet Town's. She replied, "Wow, that WOULD have been a bargain". Since I'm not into car restoration or fixing up old clunkers, and have no idea what things like that are worth, I asked her to explain further.

She told me that she had been to numerous car shows with her sister and her sisters boyfriend back in the day, and they had seen many 1966 mustangs that had been restored to "like new" condition. It was her recollection that many of them had a price tag in the $40,000-$50,000 dollar range. So, 22K for a 1966 mustang convertible in pristine condition would be a hell of a deal.

Personally, I think Bud Runion took a big chunk of cash with him when he drove down to meet with Ronnie T. I think part of the reason they up'ed the charges from Theft by Deception to Armed Robbery is because they did find cash. I have a suspicion that the "evidence they planted" in his trailer house (per his mother) was the cash he stole from the Runion's. Runion may have been saving up this money for years and years and had it hidden around his house somewhere, who knows. I think a big part of the reason that he took his wife June with him on the trip that day, was because he had every intention of driving that mustang back home to Marietta, with her following him.

None of us know how long Bud and RT talked, how many times, or what was said. I suspect that RT may have told him to bring the cash he needed to buy it because he wouldn't take a check. Maybe he told Bud there wasn't any banks around there. Maybe he told him he had 3 other cash buyers. I don't know, but whatever he told him, it made Bud throw caution to the wind and head down there lickety-split. For someone in the market to get a classical car, all fixed up with the bells and whistles, for essentially HALF price......would be too much of a lure to ignore. It's also possible that Bud showed up with a cashiers' check, which would have angered the hell out of RT since there would be no way he could cash it without it being traced back to him.

I have a pretty good idea what happened out there by the retention pond that day too, but I'll save that thought for later.

This makes a lot more sense and would explain the Runions taking so much cash with them (or a cashier's check). Bud thought he was going to get a great deal and didn't want to pass it up. That might have made him take more risk in dealing with a stranger than he normally would have. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
millyuncensored
Back