Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bud was in the 1st Cavalry.
The 1st Cavalry is rich in history in Viet-Nam.
So the 1st was in Korea and transferred to Ft. Benning in 1965.
I imagine that is where Bud was, at Ft. Benning, Ga, before his tour of Viet-Nam.
He arrived stateside in 1966, from Viet-Nam, if I am correct.
My dad left for Viet-Nam in 1967. My dad was not in the Cav. He was Field Artillery.
I can see by Bud's personality that he didn't talk in detail about his experience.
Viet-Nam is life changing, for all of us,( service members and their families.)
My dad does talk about Viet-Nam and he has some interesting stories.
My dad was also a 30 year career soldier.
It took YEARS for me to be able to listen to Barry Sadler without crying.
Viet-Nam was difficult for me, (the two tours my dad had.)
I definitely can understand why Bud would not go into detail.
Interesting though that the Main Body of the Cav division (in 1965) were at sea for 4 weeks to Viet-Nam and one of those ships; the
USNS Maurice Rose (TA-P126), I actually was on the Rose in 1962, on our way to Germany. I was about a year and a half old! :)
That was when you had to take a ship to Germany. Later, MAC flights were available, Thank God.
http://www.first-team.us/tableaux/chapt_08/

Thank-you! I'd been searching tonight for his military background and came up empty handed. I've spent 20 years in Georgia (east coast) and can't shake the feeling Bud and I have met at some time. I'd wondered if the connection was Military or Vietnam but the places and dates don't match. Still got that feeling

Salute Bud

Oh my, I do see it Dahmer that is. (He killed his 1st few victims at his Grandma's house in the town I was born & raised, so I followed that very closely)
RT also looks like he was given drugs to help withdrawal of other drugs. Rolling eyes, swaying forward and back, slightly slurred speech.
he's guilty IMHO him and him alone, but I think there may be another angle or two, like another involved in hiding/covering it up and the robbery had to do with more than just drugs, just my own feelings /instincts

bbm: Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that, but yep, very possible.

What do you mean when you say you think the robbery had to do with more than drugs ...? Anything specific in mind?

OR, did she just realize it was the RUNIONS and TOWNS......AFTER all the searches and pictures came out and wished she had called "WHOEVER" the Runions were talking to and that it might have distressed the seller of the alleged auto to bale on the whole deal if it was sinsister, if someone else had called in regards to the RUNIONS search for the seller......., guess I need to rewatch that video too and work on my verbage, lol, not sure that came out right

This is how I took it to be. That she felt this way, once she put the facts together.

Not yet caught up reading all links and everything, so bear with a newbie. Odd why anyone within 3000 feet of their home, not bother to bury, make attempt to move or hide the bodies while in woods next 2-3 days; Could GPS error, old out of date software explain antique store report road name no longer existed, could JT have been hunting vs hiding in woods on Saturday (current extended bow season/deer includes Cobb county as well as other GA game hunting). Many other questions and thoughts. Most definitely suspect, and as further details come out will make more sense. What little know now things are almost too pat if that makes any sense? Will be good to know what evidence was found in trailer.

I'm with oceanblueeyes on this one, I think Jay is fully responsible for this heinous crime.

IMHO

Thank-you! I'd been searching tonight for his military background and came up empty handed. I've spent 20 years in Georgia (east coast) and can't shake the feeling Bud and I have met at some time. I'd wondered if the connection was Military or Vietnam but the places and dates don't match. Still got that feeling

Salute Bud

I will do some more research and maybe I can come up with more.
The article that Backwoods posted listed him in the 1st Cav.
I haven't found any documentation other than that article.
(I found documentation on the 1st Cavalry, as seen in my post.)
If I knew his years in service, (other than 1966) it might make it easier.
I get the feeling that if he didn't talk about Viet-Nam, then maybe he didn't
go to any of the 1st Cav reunions.
Definitely, Salute Bud!!

The article I linked a few posts back says it was submerged, but...you make some good points. Puzzling.

And bbm: Good question (if the vehicle was NOT submerged). And yes, especially with this being so near, apparently, to the by-then-suspect's trailer.

I just read the article and went back and listened to the sheriff's last press conference and it/he definitely says "submerged".

That just doesn't make sense to me. I just keep thinking ... if it was submerged then a tow truck more than likely helped to get it out of the water. What kind of tow truck driver pulls a vehicle out of the water and gets it hung up on poles? Obvious poles that were sticking out of the water. The tow truck could have moved over to avoid getting hung up on them. So the tow truck driver gets the Envoy hung up on the poles and then unhooks his tow cable from the Envoy and they put sand bags there to keep the vehicle from going back into the water?

Just my late night thoughts. Trying to make sense of so many senseless things. RIP Bud and June. I sure wish I had known them.

Salute Bud

Okay, I don't know if this is a coincidence or if the Mustang that Bud wanted was in reference to his time in Viet-Nam or in the Army:

http://jumpingmustangs.com/jmhistory.html

I don't know if Bud was a part of this group:

"FIRST SHIFT"

"The 1st Battalion, 8th Cavalry, Airborne Infantry, Air Assault, Airmobile was activated at Fort Benning, Georgia, 1 July, 1965 along
with the rest of the 1st Air Cavalry Division. Our Battalion sailed to Vietnam in August and September of that year as part of the 1st
Air Cavalry Division, Airmobile.

Later, the "Jumping Mustangs" along with the rest of the 1st Airborne Brigade ceased to exist as an Airborne unit, continuing in
action as an Airmobile unit with the remainder of the Division. All personnel on jump status within the brigade continued in that
status and drew jump pay throughout their tour. "

Lots of interesting posts from today.

As for the VIN number and running a background check on the vehicle, I don't believe my Dad has ever done that. I do know he has bought spare cars for parts, without a title, as many times the vehicle was seen sitting out in a cow pasture, or under a shed, and the owner had no clue where the title was. Sometimes he would get a new title issued at the DMV, but if he only wanted body parts off it, wasn't worth his time to get a title. He'd buy the car, bring it home, take whatever he needed off it, and the rest went to the scrap place that people take metal. I can still hear my Mom fussing about the 'extra' cars, making part of the property look like a 'junk yard'. :D She truly hated it. Now she has most of the property in flower gardens, each year adding more and more plants.

Anyway, back to the case.

I keep going back and forth on whether this was done by RAT (anyone else notice that was his initials?) alone or he had help. At this moment, I'm thinking alone, because the vehicle and the Runions were found within walking distance to the T's property. He literally lured them into his backyard it appears. What's really nuts about that, in so many cases the body or evidence of the crime IS found on the perps property!!! I just can't imagine. I would want it the furthest away but seems many perps want to stay in their comfort zone.

I was thinking about the submerged vehicle. Wouldn't it be normal to pull it out of the water, and let it sit to drain? Seems like to me that's what the photos are showing. Was that U shaped pipe already there? Seems someone posted a google image that it was. Maybe that was a doc or something similar to putting a boat into the water? Dunno.

Does make one wonder why the vehicle was put into the pond vs leaving it somewhere. Perhaps the thinking was it would never be found in the pond. Like RAT truly believed there was no way to connect him to the crimes, so the pond wouldn't be searched.

Makes me thankful so many perps really think they are smarter than they are!!

As for the throw away phone deal, well I do believe the technology exists to listen to calls, and to know who is being called, and to trace those phones! They know terrorists use them!! And back over 20yrs ago, my brother in laws job in the military was listening to phone calls! So I know they military monitors such and no doubt shares with FBI or homeland security or whoever needs that information. The problem we've seen in some cases on here, new laws because of the amount of tracking that was being done. I doubt seriously the tracking has stopped, they just can't share the information as freely as once was done. But that's JMO! Will be interesting to see as the trial comes around just how that phone was tracked, or if it's even brought into the trial.

Mirroring, thats the only "consciense" they have, mirroring, they only know all the acceptable things to say and do but yes, maybe it is just indeed his shallow sense of right and wrong, and they just think everyone else is stupid, like you said. If anyone here has even slight doubt about his innocense or lone actions, then I guess we can imagine how his family feels, so sad for them for sure too

Watched that video of Runions bike mission someone posted up thread, very emotional!! You know, if you are a God fearing person, you will see how this tragedy is moving mountains, this man is witnessing in his sleep now.

God bless them all

I love this. You know I was thinking that while they (Runion's) don't want their children to be heartbroken they are truly home. I truly believe that God is not going to let this be in vain. I have never seen a case draw so much attention. I mean there are thousand's of comments on the Find Bud and June page. I think it has hit me so hard, because truly just what I know of their life, has touched me deeply. And be it RT or someone else Bud and June have already forgiven them. I am just sad I never had a chance to know these people personally.

Lots of interesting posts from today.

As for the VIN number and running a background check on the vehicle, I don't believe my Dad has ever done that. I do know he has bought spare cars for parts, without a title, as many times the vehicle was seen sitting out in a cow pasture, or under a shed, and the owner had no clue where the title was. Sometimes he would get a new title issued at the DMV, but if he only wanted body parts off it, wasn't worth his time to get a title. He'd buy the car, bring it home, take whatever he needed off it, and the rest went to the scrap place that people take metal. I can still hear my Mom fussing about the 'extra' cars, making part of the property look like a 'junk yard'. :D She truly hated it. Now she has most of the property in flower gardens, each year adding more and more plants.

Anyway, back to the case.

I keep going back and forth on whether this was done by RAT (anyone else notice that was his initials?) alone or he had help. At this moment, I'm thinking alone, because the vehicle and the Runions were found within walking distance to the T's property. He literally lured them into his backyard it appears. What's really nuts about that, in so many cases the body or evidence of the crime IS found on the perps property!!! I just can't imagine. I would want it the furthest away but seems many perps want to stay in their comfort zone.

Ha ha someone on FB mention this the other day and she said boy were his initials right, he is a rat.

The property at 448 Webb Cemetery Rd., McRae, GA is actually subdivided into 2 real estate parcels. One parcel of approx 155 acres is owned currently by Ronnie Towns (father?) The smaller parcel of approx 4 acres was deeded to Ronnie and Swen [sic] Towns (parents?) in 1997 as a gift. This smaller parcel was then deeded from Ronnie and Swen [sic] Towns (parents?) to Ronnie Adrian Towns (suspect) in July 2002 as a sale type of "Kin" for $1,000. What is very interesting to me was that this smaller parcel was deeded from Ronnie Adrian Towns (suspect) to Ronnie Towns (father?) as a "Gift" (so no monetary value listed) on December 9, 2014. So the property that was deeded to the suspect 12 years earlier was transferred to his father ONLY ONE AND A HALF MONTHS before the murders occurred. Does this seem unusual? I wonder if the suspect needed money and his father agreed to help him if he deeded the property over? I think that the suspect was desperate for money.
BBM: If RJT was out of work, taxes were owed on the property and Jay had no money to pay them, deeding the land back over to his dad would make sense. Depending on the situation, the elder Towns might have had a lower (or no) tax base for the land. Better than losing the land, if that were the case.

I wanted to comment on this, too. I don't want it to sound like I'm victim blaming, but they emailed, texted, phone calls and they didn't know his name? I'd like to know if they really did take cash, since that hasn't been confirmed. They didn't run a carfax?

I believe that one person could have done this, I believe Towns could have done this, but I have this nagging feeling that either he wasn't involved or that he was not acting alone. I have absolutely no evidence or reasoning, just a nagging feeling.
It occurred to me that we are all thinking that the Runions were lured down with the promise of a restored car. But what if they were offered a restorable car for a decent price, instead? I have worked on many old cars (50's era) and picked up several vehicles that had been sitting for years. They were a bit rusty and needed interior and/or engine work, but they looked great with a little paint and some re upholstery work. Some I had to swap out engines and that was common back in the day, so a Carfax type of things would be useless. Even if Bud did not want to fix it up himself, a solid body on '66 Mustang with all it's parts might have been a possibility for him. It would explain being willing to drive and look at it without checking the VIN. Anything that has been sitting around usually hasn't been registered in ages, but you can find some real gems that way. It's a thought.

Because I am trying to figure out how Jay came up with this plan...and why? There are easier ways to get money than this. Everyone around said he was a pretty smart guy. So its hard to imagine him carrying out this plan right there close to home.
I felt like maybe a drug dealer set this up with him.
I don't know...maybe I'm wrong. But in my experience with these things, dealers are fairly ignorant people. They have a few street smarts but most of them don't even have enough sense to keep a driver's license. They use others' needs for drugs to get rides and do drug deliveries. They convince the small guys to do some of these crazy things in exchange for money and drugs....and this story makes me think of something like that.
The whole thing is just wrong. I can't understand why Mr. Runion went down there and didn't even have Jay's name...and didn't leave any information of substance with his family....and didn't have anything solid about the car, like the VIN number so he could trace it.
In my heart, I wish we could turn back time....so sad, the whole situation. I'm heartsick.
Jumping off a drug dealer thing, and feeding my paranoia, could someone else have bought the phone in RJT's name, done all this and left it on RJT's doorstep? RJT went off to the woods because LE/GBI scared the crap out of him, and even if he didn't do it, was sure he was going down? I mean, how do we KNOW the Runions actually talked to RJT and not someone else on that phone? I'm still waiting for more information, like fingerprints, gun powder residue, and what evidence they found in RJT's home. Anything valid will tip me off my fence. (My fence being 3 sided-did he do it alone, with someone else, or was set up)

I'm not sure, but I thought since 9-11 you have to show ID to buy one.

So folks don't have to show ID to vote but they DO have to show it to buy a burner phone?

Simple solution would be to go into a bad area of the closest city and pay someone on the street to buy it for you, I thought the surveillance footage of the purchaser was the main clue when cash is used.

One of the articles I read said that Jay's mobile home sits just behind his parent's house....so if this is the case, he committed this crime right in his parent's backyard, so to speak. No wonder they are having a tough time coming to terms with this. On so many levels.

If "Jay" is the killer, this latest article kind of makes me wonder if he hadn't directed them to this dirt road, hid in the trees and then just stepped out and stopped them, either lured or forced them out of the car and then, pretty quickly... .

There may even have been no talk about the "car deal".

I think he would have had to lure them. Jumping out at a car on a rural road would be a great way to get shot, with so many folks keeping guns along side the seat it is extremely dangerous to try and attack rural motorists in their vehicles.

Regarding whether they brought cash, even if they DID decide to bring the full amount in cash that wouldn't be a problem as long as they did not tell the seller. A few years ago I bought a car off craigs list, I went to the sellers house and test drove, then gave him $100 in cash to hold until we met a couple of days later to finish the deal. I honestly don't recall discussing payment ahead of time, but if the guy had said "cash only" up front that would have made me wary (not only because of the robbery risk but also maybe the title isn't legit).

The fact they arrived at the location at 3:30 (per their daughter?) implies they likely did have the full amount and the seller knew that as the banks would be closing soon. That would rule out telling the seller that if they decided to buy they would run over to the bank and come back promptly with payment. On the other hand maybe they DID plan to have the car towed to Marietta after purchase, but if that were the case there wouldn't be a need to do the deal in cash that day.

I find it hard to believe anyone would jump in a vehicle, drive 3 hours to meet someone they don't know by name, and carry a large sum of cash on their person to give to this unknown individual. I think I would have to make it known up front that I would only be looking at the car and placing down a small amount of earnest money until we could, together, go to the bank with the title in hand. Besides, there is more to purchasing a car than the exchange of cash. You must have a notary.

Besides, there is more to purchasing a car than the exchange of cash. You must have a notary.

A notary? I have bought a few cars in my life and never used a notary. Once I have the signed pink slip I just take it down and register it, I even bought online from a local police department and they just sent me the title in the mail and I had the car delivered (never went there, all done online/mail).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98
Back