GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally listened to her 911 call. It sounded sincere to me personally. I really don't think she thought he would have done anything to her baby. I think she looked in bins because she genuinely couldn't fathom how baby was gone from the trailer. She could have wondered if someone set the baby down in the wrong place while being horribly sleepy or the 2 yo picked her up and set her somewhere.

I did a lot of reading on FB the other day <modsnip>. Others accused him of severely hurting and mistreating their family members. Not sure what all I can really say or not. But I'm flabbergasted that they seem to know he planned this. They must have very clear reason to believe that. I can't imagine WHY anyone would plan to kill a baby.
This [emoji1312][emoji115][emoji115]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

maybe the planning was as simple as he was fighting w the mom and stormed off w her. premeditation can be even a few minutes.

This is my two cents FWIW:

I truly believe abuse and domestic violence reside at the heart of this. Being a survivor and doing lots of therapy some things are making a bit more sense. If Mom happened to be abused then her 911 recording actually sounds honest to me. You have to remember abuse victims are not living in reality... they are surviving every day, it’s a fight to make it to another day. Just in my group therapy so many women were so scared their SO would harm the kids. It’s the mentality of I will hurt the closest thing to you. The ultimate punishment.

For him To cry out as the victim is very much a narcissistic thing. I’m sure this woman has been gaslighted and therefor questions her own reality on a daily basis, making him the the center of attention.

Now having a new baby... the attention is on baby and Mom, not that piece of crap. So of course he’s angry and of course he’s taking it out on her.

That’s just my opinion and just wanted to give an insight to “if this was abuse” relationship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else notice in the 911 call the mother referred to CM as "my baby's daddy" or maybe it was "the baby's daddy"? Seemed odd to me instead of saying "my boyfriend". Like a distancing phrase. JMO

Anyone else notice in the 911 call the mother referred to CM as "my baby's daddy" or maybe it was "the baby's daddy"? Seemed odd to me instead of saying "my boyfriend". Like a distancing phrase. JMO

I think I did notice "baby daddy" but having worked in an office where we had to have financial information about everyone in a household, I learned that there is a large segment of our society which uses this phrase in a normal, non-derogatory manner. I.e. a boyfriend is a boyfriend, you have a baby with him and he becomes your baby's daddy.

911: You didn't talk to the dad? Or her grandma or anybody else?

Bell: Her dad was here -- her dad's with us, and -- and he's walking around the car looking for her... Because my 2-year-old's -- I asked someone to come and take her and he said yes, but I... she's 2, so I can free that or not...

http://www.11alive.com/news/crime/t...rting-little-caliyah-mcnabb-missing/482549652

Just a heads up - the transcript isn't 100% accurate. It's close and your quote is accurate but some parts were left out. I'm not sure why but anyone reading the transcript should listen along to the audio.

Also, FTR, from what I hear she doesn't call CMc her "baby daddy" rather she says "baby's dad."

From the transcript:

911: So it's you and the dad -- I'm just trying to get the understanding to let them know on the questions they're asking me -- You and the dad were sleeping, or he just came back home?

Bell: No, me and him woke up together. She woke us both up together.

911: Okay, she woke the two of you up together and told you the baby was gone?

Bell: Yes.

911: Okay.

Bell: She was kind of freaked out... I mean, I don't -- I don't know -- 'cause she was just standing there besides the couch in the corner, and I told her 'come here,' and I told my baby's dad to go check on Caliyah, and he was talking about 'she's not here, she's not in here...'

That was my first thought, but it could also be for money. Insurance? Maybe his plan was to play the sad father of a kidnapped child and collect donation funds?

From recent experience...

My husband and I were reworking our life insurance policies just after the birth of our second child (now 16 months). We added her to the policy and for the first year of her life there was a maximum amount the company would allow us to take (less than $1,000). After that first year, it raises. In no way am I speaking with certainty, but I'm guessing this is a common practice due to so many things that can happen within the first year of life that are unexpected. What I'm getting to is I doubt insurance played a role.

Donations, sympathy etc are a different ball of wax. I'm sick over this case and Sherin's. I just can't wrap my brain around these acts. My hurt aches for my children if they fall down and get a bump and cry. Obviously, the sinister side of these things are far beyond what most loving human beings can imagine. By following here, I feel like my prayers and love reach these little ones because that's all I can do. [emoji22]

Here is the video interview with CB's father, TB.
He describes police taking photos of CB's body, covered in bruises. :(
[video=twitter;918258628360134657]https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/918258628360134657[/video]
If the link doesn't work, it is here, on Joe Henke, reporter's twitter feed. https://twitter.com/JoeHenke

Here is the video interview with CB's father, TB.
He describes police taking photos of CB's body, covered in bruises. :(
[video=twitter;918258628360134657]https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/918258628360134657[/video]
If the link doesn't work, it is here, on Joe Henke, reporter's twitter feed. https://twitter.com/JoeHenke

Ugh, if what he is saying is true then that may explain the oddities in the 911 call. It makes me sick to think CM was abusing the mother of his newborn. And of course even sicker that he planned Caliyah's death.

I sure hope things become clearer tomorrow.

From recent experience...

My husband and I were reworking our life insurance policies just after the birth of our second child (now 16 months). We added her to the policy and for the first year of her life there was a maximum amount the company would allow us to take (less than $1,000). After that first year, it raises. In no way am I speaking with certainty, but I'm guessing this is a common practice due to so many things that can happen within the first year of life that are unexpected. What I'm getting to is I doubt insurance played a role.

(Snipped by me)

I don’t see life insurance being a factor either. First, I don’t know that either parent was steadily employed enough to have family life insurance through an employer. 2) There *are* companies - Gerber and Globe, for example - that offer inexpensive life insurance for babies. I pay a little over $15/qtr for a $10K life insurance policy for my now teenager. However, I don’t recall if there’s a waiting period for these policies. At 15 days old, there may not have been enough time for a policy to be processed and go into effect. That’s IF the parents were thinking about insurance, which I doubt. JMO

So many cases lately that point to the horrendous epidemic of domestic violence in this country.
Listening to TB talk about his daughter, and what she hid from the family, I just hurt so much inside.

Please, educate your daughters and sons that they don't have to placate others, serve others, and definitely do not cause others' anger. No One has the right to lay their hands on you in anger. Ever. First time it happens, leave.
Please, educate your sons and daughters to not make others responsible for their emotions. No one can "make" you mad. You always have the choice in how you respond. You and you alone are responsible for managing your feelings.
(End Public Service Announcement)

Ugh, if what he is saying is true then that may explain the oddities in the 911 call. It makes me sick to think CM was abusing the mother of his newborn. And of course even sicker that he planned Caliyah's death.

I sure hope things become clearer tomorrow.

I had been hypothesizing earlier of how DV would impact a 911 call, if an abuser was standing there, watching the caller.

I had been hypothesizing earlier of how DV would impact a 911 call, if an abuser was standing there, watching the caller.

And it also may lead to the reason why LE believes CM planned Caliyah's murder. Since he's now in jail Caliyah's mom may have felt safe enough to tell what really happened, meaning her being forced to provide a false story to 911 in order to cover CM's butt. IMO.

This link doesn't take me to this interview and I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have it?
This is the live stream that will start at 11:00pm est.

http://www.wsbtv.com/live-breaking
The grandfather was interviewed @ 6:00pm Caliyah was the lead story.

I can't find a video to link to from that braodcast.
I'll video tape his interview tonight! Than I know I have it.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I finally listened to her 911 call. It sounded sincere to me personally. I really don't think she thought he would have done anything to her baby. I think she looked in bins because she genuinely couldn't fathom how baby was gone from the trailer. She could have wondered if someone set the baby down in the wrong place while being horribly sleepy or the 2 yo picked her up and set her somewhere.

I did a lot of reading on FB the other day <modsnip>. Others accused him of severely hurting and mistreating their family members. Not sure what all I can really say or not. But I'm flabbergasted that they seem to know he planned this. They must have very clear reason to believe that. I can't imagine WHY anyone would plan to kill a baby.
Grandad speaks about this on the news tonight @ 11:00pm est.
He does not come out and accuse, but it is clear what he means.
http://www.wsbtv.com/live-breaking

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Re mom asleep, if she'd had a c-section she may have still been taking prescribed pain killers in addition to the newborn + 2 year old zombiefying lack of sleep.

I've never needed to have a c/s, if someone who has could chime in that would be great. I know my sister's recovery for each successive c/s was increasingly difficult.

I had c-sections with both of mine. I had my 2nd one when the 1st one was two years old. I was taking really strong Motrin, they did send me home with a bottle of oxycontin which I didn't really need or use. I was up and around and back to normal pretty fast, and I had my last one at 43.

I wonder if he suspected he is not the baby's biological father.

this is what I thought when listening to the video of him right after her supposed abduction where he is screaming "I want MY baby. That's MY baby." The emphasis on MY throughout the video was off to me. Maybe he didn't even have real knowledge, nothing stated would prove he isn't the father, but thought it, was paranoid about it and decided to hurt mom by ending Caliyah's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13