GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there were computer searches or maybe text messages that demonstrate he was thinking about murder before it happened. Or maybe a threat to the mother like "if she doesn't stop crying I'm going to...".

I'm on pg 40 of this thread and don't want to jump ahead, I want to read everything. So I don't know what the latest news is on this suspect. I want to hold back what I think might be going on only I want to catch up on the thread first, just in case I'm repeating or worse, the information is already available...

I have absolutely no idea what he was thinking or planning at this point, but I am of the opinion right now that whatever it was he doing in his mind, he wasn't in his right mind......I believe drugs were fueling his plan further and created the monster he became when he did this. I can't wait to find out what would ever possess a father to do this to a infant, days old, innocent as could be.... No way he was in his right mind.

My 1st grandson was born on the 26th of September, just 3 days after Cailyah and at least in my situation, he has such a tiny little cry you can barely hear it when he's in the same room. This surprised me because my son had a huge set of lungs from the moment he cried in the delivery room.. So I suppose it's possible she has a tiny cry too....

Good point - she was so tiny. What I was thinking of though was her being hit with an unknown object. That would have made a fair amount of noise IMO. Ugh, I hate even typing that. :(

That is the only place I have read the comment and I have only read it by this person who may or may not be related to the family.. I only remember because I was reading some of the comments earlier today. Honestly, some of the comments on the posts read like a bad 80’s soap opera.

Anything to do with Reality & FB is non-existent. Those groups (not this case's group) are wacko's IMO

I'm on pg 40 of this thread and don't want to jump ahead, I want to read everything. So I don't know what the latest news is on this suspect. I want to hold back what I think might be going on only I want to catch up on the thread first, just in case I'm repeating or worse, the information is already available...

I have absolutely no idea what he was thinking or planning at this point, but I am of the opinion right now that whatever it was he doing in his mind, he wasn't in his right mind......I believe drugs were fueling his plan further and created the monster he became when he did this. I can't wait to find out what would ever possess a father to do this to a infant, days old, innocent as could be.... No way he was in his right mind.

I wish I could agree... and to a certain extent he’s not in his right mind, a psychopath, sociopath, narcissist and/or abuser (MOO) has no mind any one of us could possibly understand. We are not those things. It’s like trying to make sense of the senseless... it can’t be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I listen to the 911 call, the more I think the dad may have been there listening and directing. At first she says (paraphrasing) that she sat down on the couch for a minute after dealing with the baby all night and fell asleep. When the dispatcher later asked where the dad was, she says asleep on the couch with her, and the two year old woke them up together. That doesn't sit well with me for some reason. MOO JMO - At the time of the 911 call, I'm think mom may have been in fear for her life and the life of the two year old.
Interesting I never thought of it that way but now, that could explain a lot.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

Good Ole Vinnie Politan haven't seen him on any news since Caylee Anthony case....

As I'm hearing about this DV CB was living in, it certainly brings so much clarity to me because I thought she was too calm and something was off about that 911 call. But Doctor's right, if she believed her baby was dead, especially at the hands of the Baby's Dad, she would not have called the Police, especially if he was standing right there while she did it.

So much more tragic but DV victim's can become survivor's once the abuse finally. I wish her nothing but peace again in her life....

Hey all!
I couldn't get any of the court videos to play - did anyone mention "next court hearing date"??

TIA!

:rose: RIP in little Caliyah :rose:

Grand jury has to hear the felony cases against him, and they meet the first Friday of each month. So in November. (ETA, I see others have posted Nov 3)
But there may be bond hearings, if he seeks to bond out. The judge said that her court can't do bonds on 2 of the charges, it has to go through the Superior court. I don't know that he'd even try, but just something to watch for. She did say she denied bond for the 2 charges she has jurisdiction over.
She asked:
Have you filled out an application for the public defender's office? CM shook head No.
Do you wish to fill out an application? CM shook head no.

Here is a news interview I watched where CB apparently spoke with reporters off camera. She said she was surprised he was arrested for murder. This aired yesterday afternoon. I watched it live but couldn’t find the link until a few minutes ago.
https://youtu.be/Y7oJR1y-c4I

Thank you for the link. When I was watching, the news organization's next video came up, with the grandfather and great grandfather of little Caliyah. This was before CM was charged. Heartbreaking, the pain in their voices. You can also hear the voice of a small child--wonder if it is the sister.... [video=youtube;6hAvJrjWHDI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hAvJrjWHDI[/video]

Here is a news interview I watched where CB apparently spoke with reporters off camera. She said she was surprised he was arrested for murder. This aired yesterday afternoon. I watched it live but couldn’t find the link until a few minutes ago.
https://youtu.be/Y7oJR1y-c4I

Maybe CM's telling her it was an accident? Good luck with that since LE says they're confident they can show that he planned Caliyah's murder. :mad:

I'm not trying to relate the death of a child to the death of a kitten. So please don't read more into that.

I trap cats for TNR. I had trapped a very visibly pregnant female cat. She gave birth in my trap over night. I had found someone to foster the cat and her kittens. I counted the kittens and there were 5 of them. Loaded them into my van, took them to the foster. When I got to her house, there was the Momma Cat, and 4 kittens. They were in a trap, the holes no larger than 1''. I couldn't wrap my head around where the kitten was. It wasn't even 24hrs old! I searched my van looking for it. Now, logically there is no way that kitten had gotten out of the trap, but my mind couldn't go further than it had to have gotten out. I remember the foster lady looking at me like I had lost it because I was on my hands and knees crawling in the van looking for that kitten. The Momma Cat had eaten it. For whatever reason, my mind would not let me go there.

So I can understand something happening and the mind not letting you even phantom the thought of the worst. Maybe that's what happened to the Mom. Logically she knew the baby couldn't crawl, walk, or answer when she yelled her name, but the mind was protecting her, and just wouldn't allow her to think the baby was 'gone', whether by abduction, or murder. I can see that happening.

I can't imagine how people take the next breath, live the next hour, etc when they hear such horrific news. I pray I'm never in a situation to know that feeling, or experience that you have no choice but to keep going. Just the most tragic, horrific thing that could happen...and you're living it. Prayers for them all for peace and comfort.

I read the moderator's post after I had written this comment. However I won't remove it and will be up to the moderator's here. I said nothing wrong about the victim that hasn't already been said and is continually being said. There was no need for you to single me out and call me out on it...
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you'd be so sensitive. As I said "you MAY want to remove your post". I appreciated it when someone gave me a heads up on one of my posts so I didn't end up getting kicked out. But to each his own...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm not trying to relate the death of a child to the death of a kitten. So please don't read more into that.

I trap cats for TNR. I had trapped a very visibly pregnant female cat. She gave birth in my trap over night. I had found someone to foster the cat and her kittens. I counted the kittens and there were 5 of them. Loaded them into my van, took them to the foster. When I got to her house, there was the Momma Cat, and 4 kittens. They were in a trap, the holes no larger than 1''. I couldn't wrap my head around where the kitten was. It wasn't even 24hrs old! I searched my van looking for it. Now, logically there is no way that kitten had gotten out of the trap, but my mind couldn't go further than it had to have gotten out. I remember the foster lady looking at me like I had lost it because I was on my hands and knees crawling in the van looking for that kitten. The Momma Cat had eaten it. For whatever reason, my mind would not let me go there.

So I can understand something happening and the mind not letting you even phantom the thought of the worst. Maybe that's what happened to the Mom. Logically she knew the baby couldn't crawl, walk, or answer when she yelled her name, but the mind was protecting her, and just wouldn't allow her to think the baby was 'gone', whether by abduction, or murder. I can see that happening.

I can't imagine how people take the next breath, live the next hour, etc when they hear such horrific news. I pray I'm never in a situation to know that feeling, or experience that you have no choice but to keep going. Just the most tragic, horrific thing that could happen...and you're living it. Prayers for them all for peace and comfort.

OMG! And let me just say my mind wouldn't have gone there either.

Have they said how they know he planned it? Did I miss something somewhere?

baby chance was the first one that gave me nightmares. at first thought this case was similar, but now I see this as a DV case where dad killed baby to hurt and control mom. chance was unwanted by both his druggie parents and abused so bad and we had to read the details. made me sick and sad and horrified and I cried so much.

You are not alone - I saw this happening here and haven't slept through the night since....

Have they said how they know he planned it? Did I miss something somewhere?

There's not much beyond LE saying CM planned Caliyah's murder. I've been looking for the docs online with no luck so far. More info is slowly being reported. I can't access WSB's online newscasts so I have to wait for a link.

A man charged with the murder in the death of his newborn daughter planned the crime and the cover-up, investigators said.

Chris McNabb was served warrants Wednesday while sitting in the Newton County Jail on different charges.

Detectives allege that not only did McNabb kill his 2-week-old, who disappeared on Saturday, but also that he planned her murder and the effort to hide her body in a duffel bag in the woods.

Police told Channel 2’s Nicole Carr that the suspect was not just a dad who snapped.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/father-charged-with-murder-in-death-of-2-week-old/623258743

The arrest warrant details the police report into the child’s death, including a 10-and-half-hour "window" of when the child died.

We’ll explain when investigators believe the murder took place, on Channel 2 Action News at 4.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/arrest-warrant-details-timeline-in-2-week-olds-death/623625708

If that means it took 10 1/2 hours of suffering for her to die...it changes the entire case for me. I’m not sure I can continue to follow.

I hear you, Peppery. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around a 'father' actually premeditating his newborn baby's murder, let alone leaving her to suffer to boot.

Could he have thought that she was not his biological daughter and said something to someone about killing her?

If that means it took 10 1/2 hours of suffering for her to die...it changes the entire case for me. I’m not sure I can continue to follow.

Because my mind can’t comprehend the alternative, I am going to take it as they have not specifically pinpointed the exact time of death but have it narrowed down to somewhere within a 10 hour block. Hopefully that is the case and testing/reports that aren’t back yet will narrow it down further. I have read several family members asking about an exact time of death. It seems very important to them, which leads me to believe it may clarify if anyone else could be involved (but that is my own speculation).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7