GA GA - Gerald "Scott" Weathers, 62, missing from near his home, Augusta, 27 Feb 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

billscogg

Reaction score
My friend of 57 years has been missing since February 27, 2024 in the Augusta Georgia area. Gerald "Scott" Weathers lives in the 2100 block of Ellis Street in Richmond County Georgia. His last known whereabouts was at 2159 Ellis Street, a property he caretakes for my family. He texted his significant other at about 1am on February 27,2024 that he would be home shortly. He lives with his SO at 2151 Ellis St in Augusta,Ga. He has not been heard from since. A missing persons report was filed later in the day by his brother, Jeff Weathers. The news media has been involved, missing posters have been distributed and the investigators searched both residences without success. The property at 2151 and 2159 Ellis St have security cameras but there are no pictures on the cameras. I checked in the NAMUS database but didn't find anything. Any help or guidance in this matter will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill Scoggins
Augusta Ga

Hello Bill, sorry to meet you under these circumstances! Do you have any inside info? If so, you will have to become verified to share that info, otherwise we all have to cite our sources.

Is there a vehicle missing?
What do you mean by “no pictures on the camera” the camera wasn’t working? Or its motion sensor and nothing triggered it?

Last edited:
@billscogg , I am so sorry about your friend. I am tagging a few people because I believe this needs to be moved to where it can be seen by more people. @Sillybilly , @MadMcGoo , what are your thoughts on moving this thread? Also, billscogg, @Dre was nice enough to add a link from MSM, or main stream media, as your post might have been deleted without that link. JMO MOO

Hello Bill, sorry to meet you under these circumstances! Do you have any inside info? If so, you will have to become verified to share that info, otherwise we all have to cite our sources.

Is there a vehicle missing?
What do you mean by “no pictures on the camera” the camera wasn’t working? Or its motion sensor and nothing triggered it?
Thanks for posting that link to the media report. I just sent my request for being verified in as I have known Mr. Weathers for 57 years and I am a professional Social Worker with forensic experience. Mr. Weathers goes by Scott so that's what I'll call him from now own. Scott didn't own a car and only had a state issued ID because of some problems with DUI many yeas ago. As far as the cameras are concerned, I was unable to pay the internet bill in February so the service was cut off. The service was cut off on February 9, 2024. We did check with sims cards in the cameras but didn't find anything. Thanks for your help.

I’m so sorry about your friend but I do know this will be a good outlet for you. Websleuths is a great group of people who truly care, think outside the box, and can suggest great resources. Has law enforcement been able to ping Scott’s phone? Do you know what his schedule was that day? Had he had a personal relationship problems recently?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back