GA - Jonah, 3, & Nicole Payne, 2, Warrenton, 23 April 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Timex said:
But the father reported calling home and hearing the kids, so are both lying?

My brother and his live-in love used to MAKE their kids go out and lock the darned doors on them...who knows what happened...we might NEVER really know....all we know is that they're gone.

All Im saying is I cant/wont blame the parents. I blame the person that did this.

To me its like an accident between a small can and an SUV. Should we say the driver of the small car is to blame for his own injuries because had he been driving an SUV, he would have had more protection?

There is always going to be "one more thing" that may have/could have been done differently. None of us are perfect, and cant expect anyone else to be. I see these cases as a "there but for the Grace of God go I" kind of thing. Have I done things, that looking back, were foolish? You bet I have, and I thank God everyday I have never found myself in this situation.

If it turns out that these children simply wandered off, this mother will forever live with the "If only" guilt. If it turns out someone took them, she will live with the guilt. She wont need me to help add to her guilt.

Casshew said:
Why aren't they dredging that damn pond? :banghead:

They are...the video showed them using what I assume was a grappling hook to drag the lake/pond.

Jovin said:
My brother and his live-in love used to MAKE their kids go out and lock the darned doors on them...who knows what happened...we might NEVER really know....all we know is that they're gone.

But since LE has confirmed the father was at work, I have to assume that wasnt the case in this situation.

Timex said:
All Im saying is I cant/wont blame the parents. I blame the person that did this.

To me its like an accident between a small can and an SUV. Should we say the driver of the small car is to blame for his own injuries because had he been driving an SUV, he would have had more protection?

There is always going to be "one more thing" that may have/could have been done differently. None of us are perfect, and cant expect anyone else to be. I see these cases as a "there but for the Grace of God go I" kind of thing. Have I done things, that looking back, were foolish? You bet I have, and I thank God everyday I have never found myself in this situation.

If it turns out that these children simply wandered off, this mother will forever live with the "If only" guilt. If it turns out someone took them, she will live with the guilt. She wont need me to help add to her guilt.

Not the parents, Timex. The mother. The kids are in the house and then they're gone. No sign of forced entry. Whose fault is that?

Not, "what other ONE thing" could I have done scenario. What ONE thing could she have done????

Jeana (DP) said:
Not the parents, Timex. The mother. The kids are in the house and then they're gone. No sign of forced entry. Whose fault is that?

Not, "what other ONE thing" could I have done scenario. What ONE thing could she have done????

I understand your position, I just dont share it. I dont think a parent should be held responsible for not barracading thier doors during broad daylight.

Jeana (DP) said:
Well most us who don't live under a rock already know what kind of world it is. Its a world where you NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES allow a 2 and 3 year old to play outside ALONE!

If they were all inside, why didn't she just lock the door? Her kids would most likely still be home.

THAT's what kind of world we live in. Not liking it doesn't change the fact that we need to take precautions. I lock my door even if I'm alone. Home invasion robberies are at an all time high.

Jeana, with all due respect, I have friends who live in Tompson, Georgia--that's where the dad was working. Very close to where these babies live. It is VERY rural. I think it has ONE red light! It is a very safe area, very low crime rate. I can well imagine a momma thinking it is PERFECTLY SAFE to allow your children to play in a FENCED yard. And whether they were allowed to play outside or not, the mom states that they were indoors when she went to the bathroom.....we do not know if she locked the door, but we do know the kids knew how to open the door by themselves. It may turn out that the mom is involved, but she may not be. You may be directing your anger to an innocent person. Please think about that!

My friend's husband is on the search and rescue team for Tompson. I may call her tonight if I get a chance. He does the "jaws of life" thing for car accidents, and he is on the dive team.

Timex said:
I understand your position, I just dont share it. I dont think a parent should be held responsible for not barracading thier doors during broad daylight.

Barracading???? Who the heck said anything about barracading??? How about a high tech chain lock?

kgeaux said:
Jeana, with all due respect, I have friends who live in Tompson, Georgia--that's where the dad was working. Very close to where these babies live. It is VERY rural. I think it has ONE red light! It is a very safe area, very low crime rate. I can well imagine a momma thinking it is PERFECTLY SAFE to allow your children to play in a FENCED yard. And whether they were allowed to play outside or not, the mom states that they were indoors when she went to the bathroom.....we do not know if she locked the door, but we do know the kids knew how to open the door by themselves. It may turn out that the mom is involved, but she may not be. You may be directing your anger to an innocent person. Please think about that!

My friend's husband is on the search and rescue team for Tompson. I may call her tonight if I get a chance. He does the "jaws of life" thing for car accidents, and he is on the dive team.

Why not think about what those poor babies have/are going through? There is never any reason whatever to allow a 2 year old/3 year old outside alone. I don't care where you live. If she allowed them to do so, she's not innocent.

I still wonder why the kids still had their shoes on if they had been inside from 4 to 6....

Jeana (DP) said:
Barracading???? Who the heck said anything about barracading??? How about a high tech chain lock?

I still just disagree. One should not be expected to lock themselves inside their home at all times.

I hate it that these things have happened so often that we all AUTOMATICALLY suspect the parents. And I hate it even worse that we usually turn out to be right!

PrayersForMaura said:
I still wonder why the kids still had their shoes on if they had been inside from 4 to 6....

Guess thats just a personal thing. My son couldnt take his own shoes off or put them on at that age...daughter could do both. Hubby kicks his shoes off the minute he comes home...I always have shoes on.

Curious... does anyone with kids know if 2 and 3 year olds can put on their own tennis shoes?? It seems my parents always helped me with my shoes when I was a child.

Sheromom said:
I hate it that these things have happened so often that we all AUTOMATICALLY suspect the parents. And I hate it even worse that we usually turn out to be right!

That's just it. I don't think the mother killed them. However, I'll bet you that if she gets lucky and those kids are found and returned, she never again lets them play outside or leaves the door unlocked again. Why does it always take something like this for people to learn to just do the simpliest of things??? Ask Samantha Runion's grandma if she could do it all again if she would have sat outside and watched her?

Sheromom said:

Actually, in all the cases Ive followed all these years, its usually hasnt turned out to be the parents.

Timex said:
Guess thats just a personal thing. My son couldnt take his own shoes off or put them on at that age...daughter could do both. Hubby kicks his shoes off the minute he comes home...I always have shoes on.
But did you let your kids run around the house around dinner time with their shoes on? What time were they supposed to eat dinner or had they already?
I'm just curious. Sometimes it's the little things that can mean something if anything at all. Just grasping for straws here...

PrayersForMaura said:
Curious... does anyone with kids know if 2 and 3 year olds can put on their own tennis shoes?? It seems my parents always helped me with my shoes when I was a child.

Maybe if they are slip-ons. If they tie - probably not.

My 4 year old can't tie yet.

Jeana (DP) said:
That's just it. I don't think the mother killed them. However, I'll bet you that if she gets lucky and those kids are found and returned, she never again lets them play outside or leaves the door unlocked again. Why does it always take something like this for people to learn to just do the simpliest of things??? Ask Samantha Runion's grandma if she could do it all again if she would have sat outside and watched her?

Do you REALLY think it would have made a bit of difference if the grandma had sat on that porch? I dont.

Timex said:
Actually, in all the cases Ive followed all these years, its usually hasnt turned out to be the parents.
Really, when multiple kids are missing, it most likely hadn't been the parents? I think otherwise honestly. Anytime I've seen more than one child missing, it was an abduction by an estranged parent or a murder by a parent... most often abduction though, but indeed by a parent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back