GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks WOO! I appreciate it very much!

lockbox = If the apartments use a real-estate company to help rent its apts, then anyone who knows the general unlock code can have access to a lock-box. Not cool.

Another tip from a person that was in the complex in this article.

http://www.theweekly.com/news/2011/December/07/Canton_girl.html

December 7, 2011

Dxxxxx McFarland said he was in the complex Friday evening around 7 p.m. visiting his mother. By then, family members and neighbors were already looking for the girl, he said.

"It's very, very disturbing," McFarland said.

McFarland told police he saw a white Honda running near the playground Friday evening for about an hour, but no one was inside. He isn't sure if the vehicle is a clue, but wanted to make sure he informed police, he said.

It most certainly IS the apartment community's fault. They allow sex offenders to rent there. They don't lock apartments which has been a no no in the industry for as long as I can remember.

You don't mix sex offenders with children - we look them up weekly to make sure no one has sipped in under the radar. This apartment community will be owned by the mother, mark my words.

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/GA-Canton-River-Ridge-at-Canton.html

Read the entry from 3/31 - so weird because whomever wrote the review never mentions the body that was found. These ratings can only be edited by apartment ratings and that happens only when someone's full name is mentioned or threats are made.

Regarding the management company's liability - in my case I posted a couple posts up about a maintenance man coming into my apartment with his key, I sued the complex and they settled immediately. Obviously my case was nothing like this poor child, but if it is the maintenance person involved here, I can't see how the management wouldn't be held liable for something.

If it's a tenant though, even a RSO, I'm not sure how the complex could be liable unless there is a county ordinance, or state law, that requires multiple family housing to post RSO's - which I couldn't imagine. I mean, they (RSO's) have to live somewhere. As a parent, I feel it is MY responsibility though to keep tabs on that - not an apartment complex. Not blaming the mom, but not sure where else the blame would go except the monster really.

Getting impatient. While I want LE to dot every "i" and cross every "t" to make sure they have a solid case, I just can't believe they don't have a suspect in custody by now.

Please GOD, let today be THE day.

Kelly

Quoting you again nursie :)

Also in this video the reporter says that when LE got to the empty apartment (in BLDG 10) that the apartment was found unlocked suggesting someone had a key. There were no signs of forced entry.

Now I snagged that because last night we talked about Mike Brooks stating (it's that show that the guy has that comes on before JVM and NG I can't remember his name sorry) anyway Mike Brooks stated that he saw a "lockbox" on the apartment.

So---if we believe Mike Brooks observation and there was a lockbox on the apartment---and LE got there and the apartment was unlocked and there were no signs of forced entry...

where does that leave us?

Is it possible that the lockbox belongs to LE and they put it there to preserve the crime scene? I've been wondering if the lock has been broken for some time on the door, therefore, it's always 'unlocked', and the perp knew it. An then after processing the scene, LE installed a lockbox. :waitasec:

Perhaps it was his tip that led LE to search the dumpster.

I mean, pardon me, but with what we all know and how these cases of missing kids/people end up, wouldn't a thorough search of the dumpster be 1st in standard protocol?? If not, it needs to be!!

Is it possible that the lockbox belongs to LE and they put it there to preserve the crime scene? I've been wondering if the lock has been broken for some time on the door, therefore, it's always 'unlocked', and the perp knew it. An then after processing the scene, LE installed a lockbox. :waitasec:

The reporter said the lockbox was on another apt. not the one where the murder occurred.

I mean, pardon me, but with what we all know and how these cases of missing kids/people end up, wouldn't a thorough search of the dumpster be 1st in standard protocol?? If not, it needs to be!!

They did search the dumpsters early on. They were unable to get inside this one because it is a huge contraption with a compactor assembly. They had to wait on the manufacturer to come out to basically take things apart/unlock things for LE to get the dumpster out of its containment. :seeya:

My understanding was that to get to this dumpster because it isn't the standard kind that they required the waste management company to remove the lid and compactor parts and move the dumpster. The equipment wasn't available till Monday morning.

I bet the GBI asked right off for that dumpster to be investigated. But the problem, to the best of my understanding, was the private company who owed the dumpster/compactor couldn't get over there until Monday.

I don't know this for a fact, but I think the body had already been pushed through the device and into the compacted side. I would bet money LE went through the other/open side Friday evening.

Sorry, that's what I get for jumping in late on this one. It just frustrates me, especially when someone mentioned Neveah yesterday, how these angels are killed and whoever did it just walks away free. Over and over and over again it seems.

It sounds like this "unoccupied apartment" could have been occupied by squatters based on the amount of evidence removed from it. Somebody needs a place to live and has a friend who works at a complex with keys to the lockboxes. Voila, instant free home.

JMHO

the one in that video was actually the apartment of the resident that had his car taken per the neighbor (I think this is the one in building 2)

http://www.riverridgeatcanton.com/images/plans.jpg

I'm interested in knowing what all was found in the vacant apt?Was just the mattress found?Was it left by the other tennants who moved out?who rented it and and when did they move out.

The apartment managers should never have let RSO's live there IMO. I know that when I looked at those apartments they did require a criminal background check for anyone wanted to lease a unit and claimed that they do not allow convicted felons to live there. That was back in 2008. I wonder if they screen their workers...... The gates they have will only keep "honest criminals" out, if someone wants in, they will get in. And honestly, it seems like the perp lives in there. I am proud of the job the CPD and CCSD are doing with this case considering these types of crimes are rare in this area. They were smart to call GBI right away for assistance. I am on pins and needles waiting to hear of an arrest. But I know they must have probable cause and they need to build a solid case against this monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber