GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So he found the roller skate, showed it to her, and said if you want the other one come with me???????

So he found the roller skate, showed it to her, and said if you want the other one come with me???????

It sounds like maybe he said "Hey I found your other skate yesterday. You wanna come get it?"

Thank God this case is over and the family can go about rebuilding their shattered lives without Jorleys.

There will be no trial for them to have to sit through and hear all the awful things that happened to this beautiful child.

RIP Jorleys.

How soon before he's transferred and introduced to the 'real prison' and general population? :behindbar

I hope he is assigned a really lonely, really butch cellmate. :countsheep:

Whatever the statistics are or aren't on prisoner on prisoner rape/murder ... as long as RB lives every day of his life watching his back and fearing those two things, my tax dollars will have been well spent.

Here in Ga he will be transferred to a place in S. Ga they call "diagnostics" and I hear it is just like boot camp. They try to break you down. Not sure how long they stay there but I think it is to determine the high risk offenders from the compliant ones...

Here in Ga he will be transferred to a place in S. Ga they call "diagnostics" and I hear it is just like boot camp. They try to break you down. Not sure how long they stay there but I think it is to determine the high risk offenders from the compliant ones...

Wanted to clarify this is a place they go to first before going to their permanent location prison.

People have pled guilty before to crimes they haven't done due to inexperienced attorneys and/or overwhelming circumstantial evidence. Does anyone other than me think this MAY be the case? He has nothing in his background and wouldn't some of his friends have seen something?? There is something not sitting right with me in this whole case.

Here is another post from Jon Lews, Report for AM750

Here's the story from court: A 20-year-old maintenance man told a judge Tuesday he wants to plead guilty in the death of a 7-year-old Canton girl, saying he found her roller skate and used it to lure her into a vacant apartment.

Ryan Brunn responded "Yes, sir," when a judge on Tuesday asked if he was pleading guilty to the charges against him. The hearing is continuing in Cherokee County Court.

Brunn was indicted last week in the Dec. 2 killing of Jorelys Rivera. He chose Rivera simply because he happened to find the skate, he told the judge. He started abusing her in the vacant apartment, asking her to touch herself and following her to bathroom.

"I didn't want her to go home and tell her mom or dad on me. So I cut her," he said.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ryan-...-is-Innocent/249987928396652?sk=wall&filter=2

Well, I was one that though just maybe RB didn't do this - I will eat crow.

There HAS to be too much evidence to reinforce this decision.

RIP Jorelys! Prayers to her family as well.

Prison is that a way...

111208024237_brunn%20in%20court.jpg

DO NOT pass go and DO NOT collect $200

People have pled guilty before to crimes they haven't done due to inexperienced attorneys and/or overwhelming circumstantial evidence. Does anyone other than me think this MAY be the case? He has nothing in his background and wouldn't some of his friends have seen something?? There is something not sitting right with me in this whole case.

Did you read his confession? It did not sound like he was making it up. It sounded real, imo.

See below:
Here's the story from court: A 20-year-old maintenance man told a judge Tuesday he wants to plead guilty in the death of a 7-year-old Canton girl, saying he found her roller skate and used it to lure her into a vacant apartment.

Ryan Brunn responded "Yes, sir," when a judge on Tuesday asked if he was pleading guilty to the charges against him. The hearing is continuing in Cherokee County Court.

Brunn was indicted last week in the Dec. 2 killing of Jorelys Rivera. He chose Rivera simply because he happened to find the skate, he told the judge. He started abusing her in the vacant apartment, asking her to touch herself and following her to bathroom.

"I didn't want her to go home and tell her mom or dad on me. So I cut her," he said.

Thank God this case is over and the family can go about rebuilding their shattered lives without Jorleys.

There will be no trial for them to have to sit through and hear all the awful things that happened to this beautiful child.

RIP Jorleys.

Is that really how it goes? Like I said, Sandra Cantu's GJ testimony is public...I hope this one won't be.

Nope. From what I understand, he was assigned one of the best attorneys in the state of Georgia. IMO, he plead because there was massive physical evidence against him and not a single defense for him.

I heard he has a VERY good lawyer, so no worries about him being inexperienced!

Here is another post from Jon Lews, Report for AM750

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ryan-...-is-Innocent/249987928396652?sk=wall&filter=2

I don't know that I actually believe he 'cut her' because he didn't want her to tell. From the charges, from the condition her head and torso were in, I'd say he enjoyed causing her pain.

Had he gotten away with this, he'd have done it again, IMO. This was just his 'first'. Thank God he was so sloppy so that there can never be another victim of RB.

ETA: I still think he knew he was going to kill her all along.

Mike Brooks reporting by phone on HLN:

a piece of duct tape used on Jorely was found in the vacant apt. with RB's fingerprints
a bloody shoe print, that matched RB's shoe, found in the vacant apt. Jorely's blood on shoe and floor
gloves with RB's fingerprints inside said gloves and Jorely's DNA on outside of gloves.

CantonSxesPatch Canton-Sixes Patch
#RyanBrunn said he wrote and left note on compacting Dumpster that read 'She's in there.' He wrote it on a McDonald's receipt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back