GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Someone did say, I think it was DMAM, that there were people there waiting for his arrival...so maybe they "helped" him out.

Jorelys' mom is happy with the outcome.

http://www.ajc.com/news/77-year-olds-killer-1308952.html

"This is the kind of justice that I was expecting for him for all the damage that he made to my little daughter," said the victim's mother, Jocelyn Rivera. "Now I can say that I feel satisfied.”

I think that quote is reference to his sentencing, not to him killing himself. I saw a similar quote yesterday, iirc

Eta: never mind, just saw other article which is more clear

It is probably better that RB took his own life, because even IF he was sentenced to death, he had the right to appeal his sentence, and we all know how long it takes for that to even happen.

I do feel for RB's family, as they may have begun to prepare themselves for their son's future on death row, but clearly not prepared for their son to commit suicide.

ETA: I was unaware that RB plead guilty in exchange for LWOP.

It is probably better that RB took his own life, because even IF he was sentenced to death, he had the right to appeal his sentence, and we all know how long it takes for that to even happen.

I do feel for RB's family, as they may have begun to prepare themselves for their son's future on death row, but clearly not prepared for their son to commit suicide.

I thought he only had 30 days to appeal or recant his confession?

I feel for them too, a little. Where were they when he was growing up? Not around much. Where were they when he was arrested? Spouting off on FB. Where were they when he confessed in court? Not there. He didn't have much support, and maybe that's why he offed himself.

He pleaded guilty Tuesday in exchange for LWOP. He was at no risk of the death penalty. Death by cellmate maybe... :seeya:

Proud of Georgia, We found a missing child, captured and arrested her torturer, got him to confess and plead guilty, and gave him the means to OFF himself, all within 3 months. THATS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. Cheap and easy high five GA

Whatsoever, it's like a rolly polly bug died. To me, he gave up his humanity the minute he planned to take her.
I hope this gives her family some peace.

I agree with all of this except I think you might have slighted the poor rolly polly.

I am so Effing angry right now, I could spit!

ppl on other forums are saying this saves them $$$ but I say he avoided any suffering that he DESERVED! :furious: :furious::furious:

He wouldnt have suffered in relation to how his life has been. He would have all these crazy freak women wanting to marry him, sending him tons of money, Compared to the struggles he had growing up, it would have been like CLUB MED. so death is better for everybody.

He pleaded guilty Tuesday in exchange for LWOP. He was at no risk of the death penalty. Death by cellmate maybe... :seeya:

I didn't follow the case once he was arrested. So he only had LWOP, of which, he had a chance to live forever.

Well, on that note, it is what it is.

Primera Hora/ Puerto Rico Newspaper

Translation (snipped): Ryan Brunn's suicide pleases Jorelys' mother
"He did it here and he paid it here." Reacted Jorely's mother, Jocelyn Rivera, when she heard the news that the man who took the life of her daughter committed suicide this afternoon in a jail in Georgia.
Via phone interview, she said she was happy about Ryan Brunn's final destination, who precisely this week, confessed the horrendous crime that happened on Dec. 2 in the city of Canton.
"I never thought he could be capable of doing something like this, because he was so fresh-faced when talking about all the things he did to my daughter, I never thought he would have the courage to take his own life... I did think the other inmates maybe would hurt him."Said Jocelyn, who learned about his passing an hour ago when a reporter called her.
"Ultimately, if he took his own life or someone took it from him, I do not care. He raped and killed my child and that really hurts, and nobody is going to return my little angel. Let him rot".

http://www.primerahora.com/complacidamadredejorelysporelsucidioderyanbrunn-604061.html
"Ultimately, if he took his own life or someone took it from him, I do not care. He raped and killed my child

He wouldnt have suffered in relation to how his life has been. He would have all these crazy freak women wanting to marry him, sending him tons of money, Compared to the struggles he had growing up, it would have been like CLUB MED. so death is better for everybody.

I think I've calmed down since my last post. TBH I haven't read the entire thread.
An interesting perspective, razzy, thx.

Hi to all our Jorelys supporters...

It felt like I had been shocked, when I read about RB this evening. Literally, I jumped in my seat, and then started crying. Not out of sadness for him, but out of frustration, and some kind of disappointment, and lack of understanding how this could have happened...

It's been a :rollercoaster: in this case from Go, but especially with today's dual announcements of Lance's resignation and Brunn's apparent suicide.

We want Jorelys's posters to be able to express and vent some of the emotions today's developments have brought up.

But we need to you do it in a respectful way that abides by TOS.

Please remember the rules about no baiting (that means no posting of information in a manner that hints you know more than you can tell about a situation). Either provide links to back up/support your statements, or clearly mark them as opinion only.

And remember that even RB may have people out there who care about him and who are personally shocked and devastated not only by what he did to Jorelys, but also by his death. This is a very difficult moment to ask you to show RB or anyone associated with him compassion, I know. If you have a hard time with this, try typing out your response in Word and letting it sit for a few minutes before you decide to copy & post it here.

Thank you so much for your understanding and your restraint on a very difficult day.

Advice taken, thx

Warning: graphic reiteration of Jorelys murder in second half of article.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/223228/3/Ryan-Brunn-dead-hanged-himself-11Alive-source-says

Jorelys' father: "feel good but, on the other hand, it doesn't because my daughter will never be with me again."

"What I wanted was for them to put him in the electric chair and burn him," Galarza told CNNE. "I would have taken him there myself and prepared it, so he would burn."

During his time at the Cherokee County Jail, Brunn was on suicide watch, his attorney, Daran Burns told 11Alive News' Valerie Hoff Thursday morning.

Got a question....The GBI is investigating his death,if they find out that he was on suicide watch and the guards were not watching him,can his family sue the state of Georgia? I know a dumb question,but I am thinking the money his family will make if they can sue!

Got a question....The GBI is investigating his death,if they find out that he was on suicide watch and the guards were not watching him,can his family sue the state of Georgia? I know a dumb question,but I am thinking the money his family will make if they can sue!

I briefly entertained that thought, but ... sue for what? Their pain and suffering? They'd be opening themselves up to Jorelys' family doing the same to them (the Brunn family) if they won the suit. Then Jorelys family brings a civil suit on them.

They can't show that Ryan would have brought in income to the family...

I don't know anything about his family (though I have some suspicions), but the wisest thing they could do now, IMO, would be to quietly accept the fate Ryan brought upon himself.

I don't care how he died, by his own hand or not. If he had killed my child I would always be worried that he could escape and hurt another child. I'm just really not that upset about the fact that he hung himself. I feel for his family and friends but I can't say I'm sorry he's gone.

Warning: graphic reiteration of Jorelys murder in second half of article.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/223228/3/Ryan-Brunn-dead-hanged-himself-11Alive-source-says

Jorelys' father: "feel good but, on the other hand, it doesn't because my daughter will never be with me again."

"What I wanted was for them to put him in the electric chair and burn him," Galarza told CNNE. "I would have taken him there myself and prepared it, so he would burn."

During his time at the Cherokee County Jail, Brunn was on suicide watch, his attorney, Daran Burns told 11Alive News' Valerie Hoff Thursday morning.

:waitasec: Was someone on lunch break?

:waitasec: Was someone on lunch break?

He was on suicide watch in Cherokee County jail. It's undetermined if he was on suicide watch in Jackson. He hadn't made any attempts in Cherokee County, so maybe they thought he was ok.

To the best of my knowledge, the family would have to prove the institution was negligent. As of right now, we don't even know how he died. For all we know it could have been a stroke or heart attack.

Advice taken, thx

Ruby, :hug: , please know my post was not directed at you or any specific poster.

Our hearts all hurt for Jorelys, and for the seeming ease with which one human can inflict such violence upon another, and then "disappear" themselves from living through the consequences of their actions.

It was heartening to hear that Jorelys's mami was ok with what happened. But my personal reaction falls more on the side of what her papi expressed in the article posted above.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah Linden
Back