GA GA - "Justine"/"Justin", BlkMale (Poss. transgender), Shot breaking into home, UP60757, 24 Jul 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

victoriarobinson642

Reaction score
Circumstances:
On 7/24/2019 at 0348 hours, Grady Memorial Hospital staff reported the death of an unidentified black male. The decedent was transported to the emergency department after being shot in the abdomen by the homeowner of the location that they attempted to burglarize. It was reported that the decedent was wearing a wig and bra at the time of the burglary. Transporting EMS reported that the decedent uttered that their name was either "Justin" or "Justine" while en route to the hospital.

Height: 5"7-5"8

Weight: APPROX. 230 lbs

Hair: Black, braided, coarse hair; several inches long.

(NAMUS
WARNING: PM PHOTO AT LINK
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs))

I can't seem to find a thread for this possibly transgender/gender variant doe from Atlanta, GA. If there is one, I'll ask a mod to merge the threads.

SYIVJoj.jpg

I made a quick reconstruction as well because the PM photo seems a bit uncomplimentary.

The case lists the body as found in 2017 but Circumstances notes say 2019. Since the Namus case was created in October 2019, either date could apply... may want to submit a request for clarification.

Well the name doesn’t match up but stats are close if the deceased was found in 2019 instead of 2017. Cader went missing in 2018 and could have had time to gain some weight. I don’t know how old the photo is so I also don’t know if the receding hairline would be plausible or not. The nose seems similar, even the bridge, I think. Slowly making my way through Facebook feeds so I’m not all the way to 2017 yet. Wanted to share here so I wouldn’t forget.
Atlanta man reported missing
Atlanta man reported missing

I found some articles about the burglary attempt in which the decedent was shot. It took place in 2017.

Police: DeKalb County homeowner shoots, kills intruder

DeKalb County Police said the man, who was wearing a wig and arched eyebrows, broke into a house on Beechwood Forest Drive just outside of Lithonia. The homeowner shot the man in the stomach after he continued to walk towards him in a basement, according to investigators.

Burglar wearing woman's wig gets warning from armed homeowner. Burglar doesn't listen.

The burglar is described as a dark-skinned black man, 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-8, weighing 180 pounds, WAGA said, adding that Robertson said he was wearing a burgundy shirt and shorts.

Residents told the station they've seen a man in the area who dresses like a woman and rides a bicycle but don't know the person's name.

I found some articles about the burglary attempt in which the decedent was shot. It took place in 2017.

Police: DeKalb County homeowner shoots, kills intruder

DeKalb County Police said the man, who was wearing a wig and arched eyebrows, broke into a house on Beechwood Forest Drive just outside of Lithonia. The homeowner shot the man in the stomach after he continued to walk towards him in a basement, according to investigators.

Burglar wearing woman's wig gets warning from armed homeowner. Burglar doesn't listen.

The burglar is described as a dark-skinned black man, 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-8, weighing 180 pounds, WAGA said, adding that Robertson said he was wearing a burgundy shirt and shorts.

Residents told the station they've seen a man in the area who dresses like a woman and rides a bicycle but don't know the person's name.
Great find, thank you!

Hi, I'm sorry if I mess this up because I'm new but, I found this case, there is not much info but it but here's some info I found from NamUs. This case is very personal to me since I am transgender.

Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 40
Height: 5' 7"-5' 8"(67-68 inches) , Estimated
Weight 228 lbs, Measured
Date Body Found: July 24, 2017
Circumstances of Recovery: On 7/24/2019 at 0348 hours, Grady Memorial Hospital staff reported the death of an unidentified black male. The decedent was transported to the emergency department after being shot in the abdomen by the homeowner of the location that he attempted to burglarize. It was reported that the decedent was wearing a wig and bra at the time of the burglary. Transporting EMS reported that the decedent uttered that his name was either "Justin" or "Justine" while en route to the hospital.
Hair Color: Black
Head Hair Description: Black, braided, coarse hair; several inches long.
Facial Hair Description: Black stubble beard.
Eye color: Brown.
Piercing:
The left earlobe exhibits a single pierced hole.
Accessories
Dark black/brown hair wig/weave.
Clothing:
White bra
Black shorts
Black brief underwear.
Here is his NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) (WARNING: POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing this one! I'm gonna take a look and see what pops up for GA missing people of any gender; I have a feeling this individual was around mid-late 20's early 30's at time of death.

Hi, I'm sorry if I mess this up because I'm new but, I found this case, there is not much info but it but here's some info I found from NamUs. This case is very personal to me since I am transgender.

Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 40
Height: 5' 7"-5' 8"(67-68 inches) , Estimated
Weight 228 lbs, Measured
Date Body Found: July 24, 2019
Circumstances of Recovery: On 7/24/2019 at 0348 hours, Grady Memorial Hospital staff reported the death of an unidentified black male. The decedent was transported to the emergency department after being shot in the abdomen by the homeowner of the location that he attempted to burglarize. It was reported that the decedent was wearing a wig and bra at the time of the burglary. Transporting EMS reported that the decedent uttered that his name was either "Justin" or "Justine" while en route to the hospital.
Hair Color: Black
Head Hair Description: Black, braided, coarse hair; several inches long.
Facial Hair Description: Black stubble beard.
Eye color: Brown.
Piercing:
The left earlobe exhibits a single pierced hole.
Accessories
Dark black/brown hair wig/weave.
Clothing:
White bra
Black shorts
Black brief underwear.
Here is his NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) (WARNING: POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK.)
Welcome to Websleuths! And thank you for posting this thread. You did it pretty perfectly!

@KaylaraOwl I posted this case in the TDTF general discussion thread, but wanted to tag you just in case. :)

One thing, this body was found July 24, 2017 rather than 2019. I’ll alert a moderator so that the thread title can be changed.

So Georgia's MP databases are kind of a mess, but I'm still sifting through. Nothing that even remotely looks similar on GBI website or NamUs nationwide with those vitals (searched all genders).

I wonder if APD put the Doe's prints into CODIS? That seems like it could possibly yield us an answer.

I agree, a proper sketch recon would be nice in this case.

I found one missing 14 year old named Justin. He disappeared from Louisiana in 2002. It’d be nice to have additional details about his disappearance though and of course a better photo for comparison.

5223DMLA - Justin Emile Cosey
upload_2020-10-21_17-47-39.jpeg

One thing, this body was found July 24, 2017 rather than 2019. I’ll alert a moderator so that the thread title can be changed.

Thanks MacMcGoo ... title and OP have both been corrected.

Unidentified Cases | DeKalb County GA (#17-1022)
Renderings as masculine and feminine + info
1686266476359.png1686266496236.png
On July 24, 2017, an unidentified Black individual was shot after entering a residence on Beachwood Forest Drive in Lithonia. They were transported to Grady Memorial Hospital, where they were ultimately pronounced deceased.

The unidentified decedent is described as biologically male, Black, 20 to 30 years of age, with no tattoos or scars. They were reported to be wearing a wig and some female clothing, leading us to suspect that the individual may have identified as a different gender than their biological sex. At the hospital, staff reported that the individual said their name was either “Justin” or “Justine.”

View attachment 427560View attachment 427561
On July 24, 2017, an unidentified Black individual was shot after entering a residence on Beachwood Forest Drive in Lithonia. They were transported to Grady Memorial Hospital, where they were ultimately pronounced deceased.

The unidentified decedent is described as biologically male, Black, 20 to 30 years of age, with no tattoos or scars. They were reported to be wearing a wig and some female clothing, leading us to suspect that the individual may have identified as a different gender than their biological sex. At the hospital, staff reported that the individual said their name was either “Justin” or “Justine.”
My only thing is that there appears to be a surgery scar on the chest in the actual deceased photo. It looks healed so must be an old scar.

View attachment 427560View attachment 427561

Beautiful work by Kelly, and I can't stress how important having a dual reconstruction is in this case, and in all cases where a Doe's gender might be different from their chromosomes or genitalia. I've been talking about this most recently over on the LISK thread. I really think we need the same treatment for Asian Doe (the one found on the beach near the GB4, not the one in Lattingtown with the Pig pendant). When you don't know how a Doe presented around ALL the people in their life, you need to cover the bases to maximise the chances of an identification. If only Asian Doe was in Georgia! They really do have a treasure to handle their reconstructions.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfran
Back