Found Deceased GA - Kamarie Holland, 5, Columbus, 12 Dec 2021 *2 Arrests, including mom*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
”I have a lady friend who knew her very well. She was with her the night she went missing,” Tyrone Chappell explained. “When she gave Kamarie a hug, she never imagined it would be the last time that she would see her alive.”
Family, friends remember 5-year-old killed in Phenix City

With the gag order I am assuming this unnamed lady friend who saw Kamarie the night she disappeared will not be elaborating to the press. But I have to wonder about the details of this encounter with Kamarie. Was it at bio mom's home? What time? etc.? Anyone else present? What was happening in that household that night?

Rest in eternal peace little Kamari.
”I have a lady friend who knew her very well. She was with her the night she went missing,” Tyrone Chappell explained. “When she gave Kamarie a hug, she never imagined it would be the last time that she would see her alive.”
Family, friends remember 5-year-old killed in Phenix City

With the gag order I am assuming this unnamed lady friend who saw Kamarie the night she disappeared will not be elaborating to the press. But I have to wonder about the details of this encounter with Kamarie. Was it at bio mom's home? What time? etc.? Anyone else present? What was happening in that household that night?
interesting. Wonder if she’s a neighbor, babysitter? Hope questions are answered soon and Kamarie gets justice

Russell County Sheriff Heath Taylor and Russell County Chief Assistant DA Rick Chancey attended the service and were both graveside. They are the two men charged with investigating and prosecuting Williams.

Both men stopped for a few seconds when the entered the chapel and stood in front of Kamarie’s open casket.

“I was just thinking for a 5-year-old to have to go through what she just did; she didn’t deserve any of that,” Taylor said.

Taylor talked briefly with the father at the cemetery. They parted with a hug.

“I spoke to him a minute ago and assured him that anything he needed from us we are going to be here for,” the sheriff said. “Any questions about the process and the system, we are going to be here to walk him through it.”

The little girl was abducted from her mother’s Columbus home last week. The mother, Kristy Hoskins, was not at the service, but the maternal grandmother and others related to the mother were.
https://www.wrbl.com/news/local-new...d-our-community-evil-has-affected-our-family/

BBM, omitted from the obituary as surviving Kamarie, and apparently not present at her daughter's funeral. I am curious if she was specifically barred/prohibited by father or simply opted out. The video at link shows some of the service.

Russell County Sheriff Heath Taylor and Russell County Chief Assistant DA Rick Chancey attended the service and were both graveside. They are the two men charged with investigating and prosecuting Williams.

Both men stopped for a few seconds when the entered the chapel and stood in front of Kamarie’s open casket.

“I was just thinking for a 5-year-old to have to go through what she just did; she didn’t deserve any of that,” Taylor said.

Taylor talked briefly with the father at the cemetery. They parted with a hug.

“I spoke to him a minute ago and assured him that anything he needed from us we are going to be here for,” the sheriff said. “Any questions about the process and the system, we are going to be here to walk him through it.”

The little girl was abducted from her mother’s Columbus home last week. The mother, Kristy Hoskins, was not at the service, but the maternal grandmother and others related to the mother were.
https://www.wrbl.com/news/local-new...d-our-community-evil-has-affected-our-family/

BBM, omitted from the obituary as surviving Kamarie, and apparently not present at her daughter's funeral. I am curious if she was specifically barred/prohibited by father or simply opted out. The video at link shows some of the service.
Either she chose not to come or she was banned. Can’t decide what’s worse.

Further down the page at this link is the unedited interview with Christy.

Christy
They didn't even tell me about the balloon release today. They haven't mentioned her funeral or nothing.

Reporter
Will you get to decide that or....

Christy
No, I don't think so. That's all dad. Dad had custody of her. You know what, I have peace with her and she's here in my heart, that's all that matters.

Reporter
So she lived in Phenix City?

Christy
Yes, she lived with daddy in Phenix City and she was with me. That Sunday I picked her up and....he preyed on her. I can't really talk about it, there's a gag order so........

Further down the page at this link is the unedited interview with Christy.

Christy
They didn't even tell me about the balloon release today. They haven't mentioned her funeral or nothing.

Reporter
Will you get to decide that or....

Christy
No, I don't think so. That's all dad. Dad had custody of her. You know what, I have peace with her and she's here in my heart, that's all that matters.

Reporter
So she lived in Phenix City?

Christy
Yes, she lived with daddy in Phenix City and she was with me. That Sunday I picked her up and....he preyed on her. I can't really talk about it, there's a gag order so........
So mom picked her up at dads home? Wonder about gag order.

So mom picked her up at dads home? Wonder about gag order.
I'm going to guess it's related to how she knows Williams and any previous interactions with him and her daughter.

If she says he was preying on her then I think she must've seen him previously when she was with Kamarie.

I can't imagine the term "preying" would be based on just one encounter.

There’s a reason he knew she was there that night. He could only “prey on her” if he was given access to their family and access to their whereabouts and plans. It remains to be seen how that came about.

Also, Phenix City isn’t big. There’s a reasonable chance he could have been known to other members of the family too.

Plus they caught him so quickly. They had a good idea who was responsible for whatever reason. One thing I refuse to believe is that anyone around him wouldn’t have known about the allegations against him in the past. That just doesn’t seem likely at all.

Last edited:
There’s a reason he knew she was there that night. He could only “prey on her” if he was given access to their family and access to their whereabouts and plans. It remains to be seen how that came about.

Also, Phenix City isn’t big. There’s a reasonable chance he could have been known to other members of the family too.

Plus they caught him so quickly. They had a good idea who was responsible for whatever reason. One thing I refuse to believe is that anyone around him wouldn’t have known about the allegations against him in the past. That just doesn’t seem likely at all.
I agree those around him knew he was bad news! Why did mother go get Kamarie? Was it planned? Her day to have her? Did mother give her to him? She didn’t even have night clothing on so did this happen earlier than in the night? Some things just don’t add up to me . Mother giving away toys so quickly. WS there any bond between mom and baby?

Breaking: Russell County Sheriff’s deputies searching property near home where Kamarie Holland’s body was found | WRBL

Snipped by Me:

"Russell County Sheriff’s Office deputies were searching a wooded area near the Phenix City home Monday morning where a 5-year-old girl’s body was discovered two weeks ago.

There were walking through a thick patch of trees on the right side of the abandoned house.

Jeremy Williams, 33, was arrested and is in the Russell County Jail facing a Capital Murder charge in the death Kamarie Holland."

Breaking: Russell County Sheriff’s deputies searching property near home where Kamarie Holland’s body was found | WRBL

Snipped by Me:

"Russell County Sheriff’s Office deputies were searching a wooded area near the Phenix City home Monday morning where a 5-year-old girl’s body was discovered two weeks ago.

There were walking through a thick patch of trees on the right side of the abandoned house.

Jeremy Williams, 33, was arrested and is in the Russell County Jail facing a Capital Murder charge in the death Kamarie Holland."
Might they be looking for other bodies?

Might they be looking for other bodies?
Ughhh... That didn't even occur to me but you might be right, he may have had an MO where after a certain period of time keeping bodies in the house for whatever reason, he buried them outside. Maybe the gag order isn't actually about the mom like many are assuming and is actually about evidence of other prior crimes. Mom may have knowledge of this that she's not supposed to speak about i.e. law enforcement showed her items of clothing to determine they didn't belong to Kamarie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back