Found Deceased GA - Kamarie Holland, 5, Columbus, 12 Dec 2021 *2 Arrests, including mom*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can someone share the info on that article? Can't open it.

PHENIX CITY, Ala. (WRBL) — The mother of a slain 5-year-old Columbus girl has been charged in connection with her daughter’s death, according to Russell County Jail intake records.

Kristy Siple, who also goes by Kristy Hoskins, was arrested Tuesday, Dec. 28, and charged with felony murder in the death of Kamarie Holland.
Jeremy Williams, 33, was arrested two weeks ago and charged with capital murder in Holland’s death. Williams faces the death penalty if convicted.

ADVERTISING
Russell County Sheriff’s Office: Suspect in girl’s murder has other incidences of alleged violence against children
Circuit Court Judge David Johnson issued a gag order in Williams’ case because of the initial media coverage. Russell County Sheriff Heath Taylor’s agency is leading the investigation. The sheriff is limited in what he can say about the case due to the court’s gag order. It applies to law enforcement, attorneys and potential witnesses in the case.
Siple reported her daughter missing to Columbus Police on the morning of Dec. 13. The little girl’s body was found later that day in a vacant home on 15th Avenue in Phenix City. Williams had once lived in that house, which is next to West End Cemetery.

In a news conference before the gag order was issued, Taylor said the mother and Williams had a prior relationship, but he did not describe the nature of that relationship. Taylor also said the girl had been sexually assaulted, but Williams was not initially charged with a sex crime.

Sheriff Taylor will hold a press conference at 10 A.M on Wednesday, Dec. 29 with more updates in the case.

Georgia mom arrested on felony murder 2 weeks after suspect in 5-year-old daughter's slaying | Fox News

Snipped from article at link:

“On Tuesday, Siple was being held without bond at the Russell County Detention Center on charges of felony murder and human trafficking.”

“Alabama court records also show Siple had a pair of pending child abuse cases. She was accused of smoking marijuana while pregnant with another child in 2018, a felony. In 2019, she was charged again with felony chemical endangerment to a minor after allegedly exposing one of her children to drugs.”

eta-punctuation

Last edited:
This is just sickening, that poor little girl was sold for drugs IMO, what else could the human trafficking charge mean? She gave her daughter to Williams in exchange for drugs and allowed him to do whatever he wanted with her, maybe after Williams assaulted Kamarie he brought her back to mom and they both decided to murder her, discarded her body like she never even mattered to this world and then to top it off this evil ‘mother’ gave all of her daughters toys away, she wanted no trace of her left in her life IMO.

My blood is boiling, is this a death penalty state because these 2 deserve it MOO

Georgia mom arrested on felony murder 2 weeks after suspect in 5-year-old daughter's slaying | Fox News

Snipped from article at link:

“On Tuesday, Siple was being held without bond at the Russell County Detention Center on charges of felony murder and human trafficking.”

“Alabama court records also show Siple had a pair of pending child abuse cases. She was accused of smoking marijuana while pregnant with another child in 2018, a felony. In 2019, she was charged again with felony chemical endangerment to a minor after allegedly exposing one of her children to drugs.”

eta-punctuation

Noting that Williams is charged with capital murder while Siple, the mom, is charged with felony murder. The difference between the two charges is that felony murder does not require intent to kill, just that the defendant participated in a felony that that was inherently dangerous to human life (in this case, the human trafficking, apparently) and that death resulted. Felony murder, however, is the same "level" of murder charges as premeditated murder and carries the same severe penalties in their state. I hope the prosecutors don't need her testimony or have any reason to offer up any kind of deal for her. She has prior felonies so she will likely receive enhanced sentencing if she's found guilty, IMO.

This is just sickening, that poor little girl was sold for drugs IMO, what else could the human trafficking charge mean? She gave her daughter to Williams in exchange for drugs and allowed him to do whatever he wanted with her, maybe after Williams assaulted Kamarie he brought her back to mom and they both decided to murder her, discarded her body like she never even mattered to this world and then to top it off this evil ‘mother’ gave all of her daughters toys away, she wanted no trace of her left in her life IMO.

My blood is boiling, is this a death penalty state because these 2 deserve it MOO
Yes, Alabama is a death penalty state. Williams is looking at DP or life without parole if convicted. Felony murder, Kristy’s charge, is eligible for the DP,too.

What I’m wondering is
1. Did Kristy transport Kamarie over state lines to deliver her to Williams? could that be the trafficking charge?
2. Could there be more charges against either of them in Georgia? Maybe kidnapping for Williams? False reporting for Kristy if she transported to AL?

Somehow she got from Georgia to Alabama.

Yes, Alabama is a death penalty state. Williams is looking at DP or life without parole if convicted. Felony murder, Kristy’s charge, is eligible for the DP,too.

What I’m wondering is
1. Did Kristy transport Kamarie over state lines to deliver her to Williams? could that be the trafficking charge?
2. Could there be more charges against either of them in Georgia? Maybe kidnapping for Williams? False reporting for Kristy if she transported to AL?

Somehow she got from Georgia to Alabama.
"Human trafficking" is a general term that mostly is applied to pimping, the general exploitation of other people's sexual services for money or other valuable exchange, often drugs. It doesn't require any transportation.

It does indeed look like this will be a replay of the Shaniya Davis case. I didn't want to believe it and I cannot understand it but I suppose on some level it's reassuring that people aren't just climbing in windows and snatching children. This definitely could have been prevented and examples need to be made that society will not tolerate this.

"Human trafficking" is a general term that mostly is applied to pimping, the general exploitation of other people's sexual services for money or other valuable exchange, often drugs. It doesn't require any transportation.

It does indeed look like this will be a replay of the Shaniya Davis case. I didn't want to believe it and I cannot understand it but I suppose on some level it's reassuring that people aren't just climbing in windows and snatching children. This definitely could have been prevented and examples need to be made that society will not tolerate this.
Thank you (I was just about to post the same thing). BBM -That is unfortunately a common misconception/misunderstanding of trafficking. No travel required, can (and does) happen in one's own home.

Thank you (I was just about to post the same thing). BBM -That is unfortunately a common misconception/misunderstanding of trafficking. No travel required, can (and does) happen in one's own home.

Yes, and furthermore - if the person being used for sex acts is a minor, prosecutors only need to show that the trafficker made the minor available for such acts - they do not need to prove that deception, fraud or violence took place.

Human Trafficking

Kristy Siple’s initial court hearing 12/29/21:

Kristy Siple, who also goes by Kristy Hoskins, was arrested for felony murder on Tuesday, Dec. 28. News 3 has learned the Columbus, Georgia woman is charged with three counts of Felony Murder in the Kidnapping, Sodomy, and Rape of Holland. Siple is also charged with Human Trafficking first degree.

The additional charges came out Wednesday morning during Siple’s initial court hearing in front of Russell County District Court Judge Walter Gray. The Judge set a no bond in the case.
Columbus mother charged with Felony Murder, Human Trafficking in daughter’s death | WRBL

From presser

sheriff expects additional charges against Jeremy Williams in the coming days
-capital murder in the course of kidnapping
-capital murder in the course of rape
-capital murder in the course of sodomy
-production of child *advertiser censored*

this is in addition to his current charge of capital murder of a person under the age of 14.

Last edited:
Yes, but she was transported somehow, across state lines for the purpose of rape and murder. Doesn’t that carry a charge too?
It makes the case subject to federal law, yes. Lots of other things can too but it's probably best to first handle the state charges as they're more likely to award the death penalty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back