GA - Meredith Emerson, 24, Blood Mountain, 4 January 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is good to see Websleuths up and running. Thank you.

I wonder what has happened today in regards to the search and recovery.
My heart aches for her family and friends.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=109105

snippers

Keenan said that from the timeline investigators have put together, so far, Hilton drove through "a very large area of north Georgia" immediately after, investigators believe, Hilton kidnapped Meredith.

Keenan said the evidence gathered from Hilton's minivan has already led investigators to search some locations where they thought they might find her.

Having eliminated those, Keenan said her body could be anywhere, from Union and Lumpkin Counties, across to Cherokee County, over to Forsyth County and down to DeKalb County, and all points in between.

Someone help w/ how far away those are mile wise? Back roads or freeway type roads? I'm Still holding out hopes that she's alive and just injured...just please, something make him break soon....

I hope this gets resolved soon. I guess this guy is going to be trash right up to the end.

Sitting with Lionheart...if we both hold this thing together, it'll stay up.

Lots of developments over the last couple of days. GBI found bloody evidence on Meredith's fleece clothing and her ID's showed up where the bloody clothes did. As well as her precious dog across the way at a Kroger store.This happened on Friday. He was picked up at a Chevron station about a mile or so from me on Friday. Her ATM card was attempted to be use twice on Tuesday...in Canton and in Gainesville. GBI reviewed the tapes on Saturday and charged him with kidnapping and bodily harm. The searchers don't have a clear direction to search as the pig is not being cooperative.

Her family is devastated. Prayers for all of them until she can be brought home to them and given the dignity she deserves.

He just as soon say where she is as they have so much evidence that he is going down for this crime.

Does anyone know where all they have been searching other than the mountain?

No, but I would search cabins in the mountains as they are mostly vacant at this time of year. The bloody evidence by one source was said to be fresh but it could have been frozen too. If he tried to use her ATM card at 2 banks miles apart it could be that she gave him the wrong number and possibly was alive at that point. So, maybe between Canton and Gainesville and slightly north would be advantageous. He started dumping things on Friday in Cumming so I imagine she was already terribly hurt by then. Cumming is about 50 miles from the mountain she was abducted from and the other two cities are east and west of Georgia 400 the main route back into town. He was at the gas station and reported at 7:40 PM on Friday so that is about another 30 miles from Cumming.

I have my theory on this and I think she was alive and he hurt her because I think she gave him wrong atm code... IMO

OK, I have been burning to ask these questions all day long.
That Hilton creep is OLD, older even than his stated age and looks dissapated to me.

Meredith, OTOH, is young, muscular, has a black belt, and they found her police- style protection baton on the trail.

What happened? Did he shoot her?
If so, why? Did she come upon a meth lab perhaps? The last report I read about him said he had a few bad teeth or no teeth at all.
I just can't imagine that she was killed in any other manner than a GSW. She would have had the upper hand on this old coot.

Plus, I've wondered why her dog was allowed to live. I'm very glad she was, but if Meredith is dead, and the dog was found across the street from Hilton's known location, then it stands to reason that he took the dog with him.
My gosh, could the nut have killed her FOR the dog? I know that the reports said he also had a dog of some sort.

Has anyone read or heard where his other mini van is located? Why does he have two? Does he live out of one and keep the other to drive? Could that other mini van be what he left on federal property?

Just wondering out loud here.

OK, I have been burning to ask these questions all day long.
That Hilton creep is OLD, older even than his stated age and looks dissapated to me.

Meredith, OTOH, is young, muscular, has a black belt, and they found her police- style protection baton on the trail.

What happened? Did he shoot her?
If so, why? Did she come upon a meth lab perhaps? The last report I read about him said he had a few bad teeth or no teeth at all.
I just can't imagine that she was killed in any other manner than a GSW. She would have had the upper hand on this old coot.

Plus, I've wondered why her dog was allowed to live. I'm very glad she was, but if Meredith is dead, and the dog was found across the street from Hilton's known location, then it stands to reason that he took the dog with him.
My gosh, could the nut have killed her FOR the dog? I know that the reports said he also had a dog of some sort.

He looks old but he is wiry and an experienced hiker. No evidence of trauma on the bloody clothes so no GSR. It was his baton and the person that ordered it for him has already said so. She could have had her throat slit above her clothes but no one has been able to find her remains yet. So, this cannot be verified.

SeekingJana, from all I've read, that police-style baton did not belong to Meredith, but to Hilton. It's quite possible that he hit her over the head by surprise...

I feel like a complete dingbat for thinking GMH innocent.
The actions of the ex cop witness threw me off; it's probably why he is an ex cop..

Did LE find out who GMH was calling on the payphone?
Link to article:
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/01/05/missing.hiker/

" Hilton made a phone call from a pay phone at the same convenience store Friday, the warrant also alleges."

I can't fathom who he would call..
He was trying to use Meredith's atm card so that is similiar to the Bryants' case and changes my opinion completely on this whole case. Maybe they are linked..
Bryants' son thought that maybe whoever killed his parents wasn't working alone; would it be possible GMH had an accomplice who would connect to both murders? He did make a payphone call..

I think GBI was just holding GMH with the abandoned vehicle on federal property charge so that they could keep him until more evidence (they have got it now) was built up.

There's another thread on this case, y'all. It's quite long-under Located/ Missing Discussion.
Just saying.

Illinois doesn't have one anymore...
This is the case for it....

Heart goes out to the family...

I have my theory on this and I think she was alive and he hurt her because I think she gave him wrong atm code... IMO

Wow - That's one that hasn't been brought up yet lion! That does make sense though...after that happens...well they've found her stuff...enough said...

Still hoping for the hurt out of rage...and she's hurt...they need to keep the 24 hour search for her going just in case...IMO...until he states otherwise..or until she's found no longer here...

He looks old but he is wiry and an experienced hiker. No evidence of trauma on the bloody clothes so no GSR. It was his baton and the person that ordered it for him has already said so. She could have had her throat slit above her clothes but no one has been able to find her remains yet. So, this cannot be verified.

Oh, Dang!! I should have realized that if she was shot, there would be evidence of a shooting. Unless blood dripped, and that's not what they are saying exactly.
This case has REALLY upset me and I think it's been worse because WS has been down and out for most of it.

I had these hopes that it was her baton, that maybe she was really cool about using her black belt and protecting herself, and that maybe she's still alive. Crap. Heck. And a lot of other things I can't say because I am really upset at that old coot.
Ok, he hiked.
She still had to have had more muscle mass and quicker reflexes than he did. I'm hoping against hope that she's still alive. Why did he let the dog live if she's dead? And leave Ella out in the open too?

I bet Ella is a nicer dog than Hilton's dog too!!!!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukasmalachi
Back