Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting, we heard from grandma and she's been vocal on sm and the babysitter has not stopped with interviews and sm but nothing at all from birth mum and the boyfriend. I don't know what to think.

Given that LE stated mother and boyfriend were being cooperative, it does makes me wonder why they haven't made any pleas or a statement to the press/on sm.

I wonder if they have decided to keep quiet or have been told to! and if so, by who.

moo jmo imo
And no comments from Grandma giving support for the parents.

I just went back through the threads and I found what I think I read that made me think LE thought foul play was involved.
In post #93, LE refers to the home as a "crime scene".
I’ve been confused at the conflicting statements on crime scene vs. no foul play suspected — the latter being quoted in The Sun article. Perhaps it’s a case of official statements from different days/hours within this sad pursuit. This newspaper seems to often have a mashup of information.

I’ve been confused at the conflicting statements on crime scene vs. no foul play suspected — the latter being quoted in The Sun article. Perhaps it’s a case of official statements from different days/hours within this sad pursuit. This newspaper seems to often have a mashup of information.
I am so glad you raised this. It’s a huge topic in academic history, and in anthropology and in similar disciplines: the reader has to go back to the primary source. What did the LE representative say - what were his actual words, unencumbered? It’s very easy (and understandable) (and profitable, sadly) for the media to fall into logical fallacy. “There is no evidence to suggest” often becomes in second telling “they eliminated” (not true). “We are investigating as” often becomes in second telling “we said it was” (not true). This is very natural, very human assumptive behavior. I don’t blame anyone who falls into it. The day I’m perfect, I’ll cast the first stone (it’s not today). The only way to safely avert it is to repeatedly go back to firsthand quotes and first principles. Awesome post, so true on mashup @Gumbeaux!

I am so glad you raised this. It’s a huge topic in academic history, and in anthropology and in similar disciplines: the reader has to go back to the primary source. What did the LE representative say - what were his actual words, unencumbered? It’s very easy (and understandable) (and profitable, sadly) for the media to fall into logical fallacy. “There is no evidence to suggest” often becomes in second telling “they eliminated” (not true). “We are investigating as” often becomes in second telling “we said it was” (not true). This is very natural, very human assumptive behavior. I don’t blame anyone who falls into it. The day I’m perfect, I’ll cast the first stone (it’s not today). The only way to safely avert it is to repeatedly go back to firsthand quotes and first principles. Awesome post, so true on mashup @Gumbeaux!
Thank you and thank you! Precisely what my fatigued brain was attempting to convey. Essentially a trickle down of news occurs, or a kernel of truth becomes a bucket of buttered popcorn. Find the original kernels, and sort through the half-pops of information. I think we’ve all seen this in any platform news media, and certainly here on WS as we go about busy lives and browse quickly, trying to come up to speed.

Isn't it premature for the police to say they don't suspect foul p!ay?
My thoughts are :
1) LE want to keep people talking, arguing, and feeling free to air their grievances ; maybe someone will slip up ?

2) They DO suspect foul play, but have their reasons to keep quiet for now !

3) LE are building a case and waiting for phone records and computer searches, etc., to come back ?

4) There was a teacher ( Sorry I have to go and google her case, which is going to be an interesting search as I only remember the facts of her case :rolleyes: ), whose boyfriend shot her in the head in a field, she had texted a photo to a friend believing he was going to propose. She was pregnant, iirc ?
LE in that case had their eye on him from day one. The perp actually sat with the family at a vigil when she was still just missing, and her mom held his hand, although she suspected him. Very difficult !
So, LE not saying something, or being closed mouth, is not unexpected.

5) They are looking at someone outside of the known family -- but who may be known to the family (friend or associate) and maybe not in a good way ?

M00.

Eta # 4) : Laura Wallen.

My thoughts are :
1) LE want to keep people talking, arguing, and feeling free to air their grievances ; maybe someone will slip up ?

2) They DO suspect foul play, but have their reasons to keep quiet for now !

3) LE are building a case and waiting for phone records and computer searches, etc., to come back ?

4) There was a teacher ( Sorry I have to go and google her case, which is going to be an interesting search as I only remember the facts of her case :rolleyes: ), whose boyfriend shot her in the head in a field, she had texted a photo to a friend believing he was going to propose. She was pregnant, iirc ?
LE in that case had their eye on him from day one. The perp actually sat with the family at a vigil when she was still just missing, and her mom held his hand, although she suspected him. Very difficult !
So, LE not saying something, or being closed mouth, is not unexpected.

5) They are looking at someone outside of the known family -- but who may be known to the family (friend or associate) and maybe not in a good way ?

M00.

Eta # 4) : Laura Wallen.

Also reminds me of the Zachary bernhadt case where the mother said she went for a swim in the middle
Of the night in her clothes and when she returned her young son who had been sleeping in her bed, went
Missing. This was 20 years ago and the child was never found.

"Chatham County Police say they don't believe there was any foul play involved and hope Quinton is still alive."

So what do they believe? I think we have never has a casé of a neighbour taking in a child?

Closest would be of Leila Caddick, where son was found.

I’ve followed a lot of cases where LE makes a statement early on stating no foul play is suspected. At this point, nothing good would come from LE making that statement. IMO they suspect foul play.

I’ve followed a lot of cases where LE makes a statement early on stating no foul play is suspected. At this point, nothing good would come from LE making that statement. IMO they suspect foul play.
I agree. LE has played this one really by the book so far it seems. With getting warrants and things early on, instead of just getting verbal approval for searching the home. So I am thinking the statements of no foul play right now, is more of a legal thing than them actually believing that. Otherwise, why were they doing photos in the rooms with lights off, and checking landfills, and garbage's?

I agree. LE has played this one really by the book so far it seems. With getting warrants and things early on, instead of just getting verbal approval for searching the home. So I am thinking the statements of no foul play right now, is more of a legal thing than them actually believing that. Otherwise, why were they doing photos in the rooms with lights off, and checking landfills, and garbage's?

There are red flags all over the place for all of us in here. I can’t even begin to imagine what LE knows. All I know for sure is it’s not good.

I mean, foul play is pretty much the only thing that could be in the cards at this point. No other statistically probable cause for his disappearance exists. LE can't realistically assume otherwise.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member