Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the confusion over this clip can be cleared up by watching the babysitter's live video that was posted on Gray Hughes YT earlier in this thread. I don't have the specific link, but I'm certain many others here do.

The context is that the babysitter has publicly stated that there were times that Zayne (3) and Quinton (20 months) were seen by neighbors playing outside next to the street alone with no adult supervision.

I wonder if the babysitter is commenting on bad supervision, or is commenting that the children could get out of the house on their own. Or both.

Last edited:
Bringing this forward.
If anyone didn’t get the chance to listen in, GH plays video of babysitter and she discloses many things. One being the day before (I believe) of Quinton having belt marks on his arm and neck.

I hope I have this correct, I watched it twice.

The video of the babysitter, I noticed the BS said she went over to Q's house after she took her daughters out to eat. The BS stated when she asked if she could help look for Q, that the boyfriend gave her a cold look and said they already did. This would have been around 9:23 AM, I believe?

So I would be safe to assume boyfriend was not at work at that time. Did ya'll catch the same as me?

The babysitter was being paid $30 per day to keep two small children all day long. I would not consider that to be "providing for her". The more appropriate term would be "taking advantage of her". JMO
Totally agree that that amount is the same as I would’ve made in the 80s babysitting and thus likely unfair (although for all I know it was a volunteer/I insist on paying situation.) I was just trying to figure out what the woman in the blue tee might’ve meant with the “providing” statements.

Never hurt a child.

No adult in this scenario had any reason to take their frustrations out on an innocent child no matter how much stress they were under or how much anger they felt.

I don't think anyone in this thread is implying that hurting a child ever has an acceptable excuse.

But I think it is important to keep focused on the potential crimes here not the motivations behind them, no matter what those motivations are.

Never hurt a child.

Finally got around to watching the Gray Hughes Investigates segment with SitterDM's FB live video (after checking with a Mod to make sure it's an approved source!) and have updated the TIMELINE with her statements:

~Apr 2022 ("about six months ago")
SitterDM began watching Q & Z (9@0:28) at GrandmaBJH's request (36@1:16:11)

~summer 2022 ("within the past couple of months")
MomLS moved in with her mother GrandmaBJH (14)
MomLS gave birth to Q's younger sister (14), whom SitterDM also watched (36@1:25:40)

Tue Oct 4
SitterDM watched kids, who then went home that night (9@0:30) around 4:30 or 5PM (36@1:21:55)

WEDN OCT 5: LAST REPORTED SIGHTING / DAY ONE OF SEARCH
  • 5:29AM - SitterDM received text [[from MomLS (22)] from MomsBoyfriendDY (36@1:22:20)] that she would not be babysitting Q & Z that morning (9@0:44)
  • 7:30AM-8:30AM - SitterDM and family outside home across the street but did not see Q (36@1:26:30)
  • 9:00AM - SitterDM received text [from a grandparent (22)] [from MomsBoyfriendDY (36@1:44:30)] asking if she'd seen them, but when she went to residence to help search, she was turned away (9@1:03); SitterDM states that she told MomLS to call police (36@1:30:00)
  • around 10:15AM ("about a half hour later") - SitterDM offered to watch other children, took them home with her (36@1:33:00)
Mon Oct 10: DAY SIX
  • PM - "Gray Hughes Investigates" channel livestreams reaction to SitterDM's FB live stream -
    • SitterDM kept kids daily from around 5:30 or 6 until 3:30 or later (36@1:21:15) on Mondays through Fridays and sometimes at night (36@1:21:50); charged $30/day for two boys, didn't charge for baby sister S (36@1:25:40);
    • SitterDM states BJH worked out of town (36@1:17:11); she would call/text GrandmaBJH if she noticed things wrong, including:
      • SitterDM had to call MomsBoyfriendDY to get milk for Q's baby sister S [on unknown date] (36@1:19:00);
      • SitterDM sent BJH pictures of bruises on Q [on unknown date] (36@1:19:10); "the other day" [unknown date] Q had belt bruises on arm and neck (36@1:41:42)
    • SitterDM offered to keep children [on unknown date] until GrandmaBJH got home but GrandmaBJH wanted to give MomLS a second chance (36@1:20:00);
    • SitterDM outlines follwing timeline:
      • Tue 4:30 or 5:00PM - kids went home (36@1:21:55) - crf Tue Oct 4;
      • Wed 5:29AM - received text from MomsBoyfriendDY saying the kids are not coming, MomLS is with them (36@1:22:20) - crf Wed Oct 5;
      • Wed 7:30AM SitterDM's husband left for work (36@1:25:50);
      • Wed 8:30AM SitterDM's son left for work (36@1:26:00);
      • SitterDM outside from 7:30AM-8:30AM and did not see Q (36@1:26:30) - crf Wed Oct 5;
      • Wed 9:00AM "have you seen Q" text from MomsBoyfriendDY while SitterDM was on way home from McDonald's; called him back; he said they couldn't find Q (36@1:44:30) - crf Wed Oct 5;
      • SitterDM offered to help look, MomBoyfriendDY said, "we already looked;" MomLS sitting on porch smoking (36@1:27:15);
      • SitterDM called GrandmaBJH, told MomLS to call police (36@1:30:00), police came and blocked SitterDM in (36@1:30:45) - crf Wed Oct 5;
      • around 10:15AM - SitterDM came back "about a half hour later," offered to take other kids, called GrandmaBJH (36@1:33:00) - crf Wed Oct 5; "this morning" [unknown date], GrandmaBJH came to SitterDM's house to confront her, accuse her of kidnapping (36@1:25:45)
Tue Oct 11: DAY SEVEN
  • 5:47PM - ReporterBB(WSAV) posts video of confrontation between GrandmaBJH & SitterDM [from unknown date]; SitterDM states that Georgia DCFC has open case involving Q (37)
SOURCES
(36) Gray Hughes Investigates VIDEO (Oct 10) - "Timothy Haslett - Debbie Collier - Chloe Campbell - Quinton Simon" (Quinton's segment begins at 1:00:00)
(37) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 11)

MY NOTES/OBSERVATIONS:
A couple contradictions came up in this video, including who sent the initial 5:29AM text and who texted asking where Q was at 9:00. In previous articles, it was stated that it was the Mom and "a grandparent," respectively, but in this interview, SitterDM states that both texts were sent by MomsBoyfriendDY. Could have just been a reporting error, but seems odd that both were in error.

My disagreement with you regarding physical disciple aside, I suspect that:

- Making lawful physical discipline into a synonym with child abuse,

Would lead to many people not reporting suspected child abuse as they would not want to subject the parents to ideologically driven "investigations" by social workers.
But we're talking about using a belt on a 20 month old baby. Who would do that? It's unconscionable!

I hope I have this correct, I watched it twice.

The video of the babysitter, I noticed the BS said she went over to Q's house after she took her daughters out to eat. The BS stated when she asked if she could help look for Q, that the boyfriend gave her a cold look and said they already did. This would have been around 9:23 AM, I believe?

So I would be safe to assume boyfriend was not at work at that time. Did ya'll catch the same as me?
yes that is what she said. He basically told her No while Leilani stood there smoking a cig.

Maybe the babysitter was worried that if she did call CPS, they would do nothing (like they are known for) and the family would stop using her as a sitter - taking the kids' safehaven with her away? Or maybe she worried the kids might be taken and put in an even worse situation (which is also possible)? Idk, I'm not ready to vilify her over not reporting it and she's probably wishing she had.

Blaming this person, to me, in judgment from armchair critics.... sooooo unfair.
I am sure she was, judgmental herself, to a degree, of this whole family..... but I truly believe she was trying to help help help keep those babies safer.....

The BS says in Gray's video - twice - that she didn't report the abuse to what she called DFAX which I guess means CPS. She reported it to the grandmother on numerous times, because Grandma had custody.
I will have to go back and watch it. I didn't think she said she didn't report it to DCFS but did to the Grandma. But the video in that MSM said she did.

The BS says in Gray's video - twice - that she didn't report the abuse to what she called DFAX which I guess means CPS. She reported it to the grandmother on numerous times, because Grandma had custody.
In this video the reporter says she did call Georgia’s DCFS about Quinton and the siblings before. About the 1:40 mark. I don’t hear her say that though. Bad reporting maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke