Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The prime suspect cannot use the defense (if she does) that she was overwhelmed !
A sitter was available, and it sounds like she may have had the kids for overnights sometimes ?
No excuse.
Some people do not have much help at all, yet they're responsible parents.
M00.

I'd put my money on a post partum psychosis defense. Not that I'm buying that. MOO.

I was a 17 year old single mom. No help, no family support, no government assit. Two jobs paid for child care and everything else. My son is a very healthy 35 year old man with a wife and three kids. There is no excuse for this, no reason for this little boy dead. None. JMO

Interesting how they specifically identified her as SUSPECT NUMBER 1, as if there is a NUMBER 2 (accessory), and perhaps even a NUMBER 3 (neglect).

That 5:30 call to the babysitter, though. That 5:30 call...

The 5:30 contact was a text, which according to the timeline, was sent from the mom. If she sent it, we know that the mom was awake at 5:30. Chances are she did not go back to sleep, leaving the three (two!?) little kids unattended until 9:30, as she claimed. She may have been awake and had things to do.

So, was the bf telling the truth that he saw Quinton alive at 6:00, or is he lying too?

Last edited:
If she knows they have her dead to rights, then it is really the only play she has left (check herself in to some sort of facility).

Of course it's hilariously transparent, as she took clear steps to dispose of him, and commit a coverup.

That says she knew what she was doing, and knew what she was doing was wrong. Good luck with that...
Ok but where does the money come from for a facility? Or a lawyer for that matter?

By publicly naming her suspect #1, that might encourage her to turn on suspect #2

Yes. I'm trying to image what evidence is available that suggests Quinton was murdered by his mother and not by the boyfriend. Was it because he claimed Quinton was alive at 6:00 when he left for work? Was there a witness?

Just came on to check in and saw the "deceased/not found" label. Oh my heart. That news always comes as a shock no matter how expected it is. I see LS is suspect, no surprise there.

I just.... As a mother, I can't comprehend ending the life of one of my children. I want nothing more than to watch them grow and live their lives to the fullest. This little boy had so much ahead of him - so much! How could the woman who bore him and labored him into the world place such low value on his life? I'm heartbroken for him, and all who love him. His brother will feel the loss for a long time.

I'd put my money on a post partum psychosis defense. Not that I'm buying that. MOO.
It won't work anyway. Her actions after the fact demonstrate that she was of sound mind, well, at least in the sense that she knew she had committed a crime, and took steps to attempt to ensure she got away with it.

This isn't some mom drowning her kids in the bathtub, and then doing nothing in an attempt to get away with it.

She clearly killed her son, attempted to stave off discovery (text message to babysitter), disposed of him like trash (literally), and then told police a false narrative (when she last saw him/discovered him missing).

Try it Leilani, it has zero chance of working.

"Don't remember," my you know what.

Ok but where does the money come from for a facility? Or a lawyer for that matter?
Oh I don't think she has a lawyer, but perhaps she went to the hospital and told them she was having mental issues, and they checked her in or something.

This is of course a theory, as we don't know where she in fact is right now.

It's just a way to explain why law enforcement would call her a prime suspect, and not just stay silent about it.

I've got to believe they know there's no risk in tipping their hand.

Really bizarre timing for this announcement, I've folllwed tons of cases and even when bodies are found late at night it's often not announced until the next morning. I'm sure it will all make sense tomorrow (unless there is a reporter on the ground who shares more info).

Really bizarre timing for this announcement, I've folllwed tons of cases and even when bodies are found late at night it's often not announced until the next morning. I'm sure it will all make sense tomorrow (unless there is a reporter on the ground who shares more info).
It is, especially because apparently, they haven't even found the body yet. If true, you have law enforcement telling the family this child is dead, which is something they would never do unless they are sure.

On top of that, they've named a prime suspect, but she hasn't even been arrested yet.

Then you have a press conference announced for tomorrow.

I'm not sure I've ever seen this before.

Oh I don't think she has a lawyer, but perhaps she went to the hospital and told them she was having mental issues, and they checked her in or something.

This is of course a theory, as we don't know where she in fact is right now.

It's just a way to explain why law enforcement would call her a prime suspect, and not just stay silent about it.

I've got to believe they know there's no risk in tipping their hand.
Right, it’s all conjecture at this point. The presser tomorrow will answer a lot of questions. I’ve just seen speculation that Leilani “lawyered up” after her polygraph and if that turns out to be true… who is footing that bill? A retainer wouldn’t be cheap.

I really wonder if Billie Jo’s leaked FB messages forced their hand and they decided had to make some sort of announcement prior to tomorrow.

I've been lurking on Quinton’s story and am so heartbroken by this update. And like many, also sadly not surprised.

As the mother of a 20-month old, Quinton’s reality has sat like a heavy brick on my chest all week.

<modsnip> Social media is already eating LS alive and that will only intensify now. But LS exists in a broader context of her family history and our society and it is a truth I think that will be overlooked because it’s easier to locate all of the evil and culpability in LS. She likely did murder Quinton and she may be punished for it, certainly in the court of public opinion. And she should be held accountable if she did. But I also can’t help but feel that LS has her own trauma from a family, system, and society that likely has not done right by her either (regarding the family I’m not talking necessarily about a lack of love, <modsnip>

Her history of having three children in 4.5 years, by age 22, with three different partners paints such a picture of instability and overwhelm (perhaps contributing to why BJH got custody). And at age 22 our brains are not fully developed. And with a new infant, she was probably not getting enough sleep. <modsnip> All of this, and probably more, are also going to predispose her to postpartum mental health disorders. Screening for such postpartum mental health issues is also a sad state in this country.

I believe she never should have been left with those children alone as the custodial issues highly suggest there was reason to be concerned. Nighttime, in particular, is such a hard time with infants and young children and also an isolating time, especially if partners are not helping.

Regarding Quinton and what happened that night:

I think there is a slim possibility this was premeditated and LS was fully aware of what she was doing and in this case any defense of insanity or postpartum psychosis would be an attempt to cover this up.

However, I think it is much much more likely that this was not at all premeditated and that LS was either:

- overcome and became dysregulated to the point of doing something that killed Quinton unintentionally and then deliberately covered it up out of fear of being caught and impulsivity

or

- the above (overcome and became dysregulated to the point of doing something that killed Quinton unintentionally) <modsnip> which could alter her actions and/or memory of the event. If this is the case, she may remember things just before or starting with finding him gone and calling 911.

<modsnip>

My thoughts above are my opinion only. They may be an unpopular one. For whatever it’s worth, they are informed by my professional work as a psychologist specializing in treating trauma, dissociation and perinatal and postpartum disorders. And as a mother – always first this. I can’t imagine ever harming the souls I love most in this world. But I also can imagine someone carrying too much pain, without enough resources, with too much on their plate being overcome and a tragic outcome ensuing. And sadly, for Quinton, everyone who loved him, and even LS as I imagine she did love him too – I think this is what happened.

Rest in peace Quinton, your light was short, but it shone brightly with your beautiful joyous smile.

Last edited by a moderator:
The timeline attributes the 5:29 AM text to Leilani, but BS interviews say it was BF or at least from BF's phone. Early reports also mention that the reason for the BS not being needed was that they weren't going to be home that day. Is it possible that Leilani told BF she was planning on taking the children out and that he should notify the babysitter? If he did see Quinton before he left for work, then whatever happened occurred afterwards. That would imply premeditation on Leilani's part. I've always thought more than one person was involved, but maybe not. I wonder BF actually made it to work since he was apparently back home by 9:00. Also what about the neighbor's account of seeing Leilani leave home? Was that ever confirmed? All conjecture and MOO.

Last edited:
Maybe in hopes to cause her to slip up with evidence or where he is located? Gives her all night to just sit in the possibilities all with the possibility of being tracked or stalked by LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke