GA - Rapper Young + others indicted on RICO & other charges, May 2022. Trial ongoing April 2023, interruptions, lawyer arrested. Fulton County. #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@JozsefPapp_

"When I make a ruling, obey the ruling and move on," Whitaker told Love.

Love objects to the mistrial and "begs" the court to look at the transcript.Love also asked Whitaker to limit some of the wording by counsel as inappropriate.

Whitaker said she is not opposed for Zachary to go home after he is done today with his testimony but the state and Scheib still need to work out some of the details.

Whitaker sustained the objection but denied the mistrial motion.

Whitaker asked both sides to stop with the personal jabs at each other.

Continued... Sept. 20, 2024

@JozsefPapp_

Catching up on what I missed:- Zachary is being released from custody but still has to come back on Monday to continue his testimony- He is being housed at a hotel over the weekend.- He fired his attorney, after he and his family weren't happy with his representation.

- Whitaker was ready to deal with other stuff but Love asked to deal with it on Monday because she was dealing with the Zachary stuff.

Whitaker made an observation that Love could delegate considering there were four attorneys at the DA's table.

Court resumes at 8:45 a.m. on Monday.

@JozsefPapp_

Schardt goes straight at Zachary about his “I don’t recall” answers to the state’s questions.Zachary is now saying he does remember some of the stuff he was asked about by Love.

Zachary confirmed that he lied on other people in 2015 to try to get out of trouble but now doesn’t want to talk about those lies.“We are not going to have the “I don’t know’ routine today, right?” Schardt told Zachary, who said he will try to answer the questions.

2:18 PM · Sep 24, 2024

Day 136: Witness Quindarius Zachary is back on the stand, as Love continues her questioning.

Love is going through Zachary's previous guilty pleas. I've been listening in the background since I'm writing other stories but Love expects to conclude with Zachary's direct examination today.

Love asked Zachary multiple questions about Rich Homie Quan that Zachary apparently mentioned during a police interview. Zachary answered most of the questions with "I don't know.”

After a break, Love tells Zachary that they are almost done.

Zachary said he told police that Kenneth Copeland told him about the Infinity car and Young but made it clear to them that he never saw Young with the car.

Love is done with direct examination.Attorney Max Schardt is up for cross examination first.

Zachary testified that he still doesn’t feel good today and he never wanted to testify.

Schardt goes straight at Zachary about his “I don’t recall” answers to the state’s questions.Zachary is now saying he does remember some of the stuff he was asked about by Love.

Zachary confirmed that he lied on other people in 2015 to try to get out of trouble but now doesn’t want to talk about those lies.“We are not going to have the “I don’t know’ routine today, right?” Schardt told Zachary, who said he will try to answer the questions.

Zachary testified that he hasn’t seen Shannon Stillwell in almost 10 years.

@JozsefPapp_

Zachary said at the end of Schardt’s cross-examination “I wanted to be here so I can clear the lies up.”

“Were you aware, that in open court, DA Love wanted to remind your attorney that you are in 20 years probation?” Schardts last question to Zachary.Love quickly objected and it was sustained. She then began to argue over the break.

Love asked Whitaker to “remind counsel that is not an appropriate line of questioning” and stop him from making those form of false and leading assertions in front of the jury.

Schardt said he is not trying to fight with Love.Whitaker simply told Love that her objection was sustained, but Love wanted to keep arguing.Whitaker, however, told Love that she needed to use the bathroom.

Seems like Love wanted Whitaker to tell defense attorneys not to ask similar questions, but Whitaker, like she has told Love in the past, accept her rulings (which she ruled in favor of her objection) and move on.

@JozsefPapp_

Attorney Doug Weinstein is now questioning Zachary.Zachary said he has a headache.

Weinstein is focusing on Zachary’s lies and how he doesn’t want to “lie” on people from Cleveland Avenue.Zachary confirmed that he lied when he told police that Deamonte Kendrick was involved in the shooting death of Donovan Thomas.

Court is done for the day for jurors. Zachary will continue on the stand for a fourth day on Wednesday but Whitaker expects/hopes is his last day on the stand.

Day 137: Quindarius Zachary is now being cross-examine by Young 's attorney Brian Steel. Whitaker said she expects to be done with Zachary today.

Steel asked Zachary about the popularity of some of Young 's songs, including "Halftime"."That song took over the world, everyone loved that song," Zachary said.

Zachary confirmed that Kenneth Copeland stole from Donovan Thomas.Zachary said Copeland is a grown man and Young did not tell him what to do.

Steel tried to ask Zachary about Young 's advertisement deals but Love quickly objected and Whitaker sustained the objections and then after the third one told Steel to move on because it will be the same objection and ruling.

To his knowledge, Zachary testified that Young never ordered anyone to shoot up a home or kill someone and didn't learn about Donovan Thomas' death until after. "He didn't get involved in stuff like that," Zachary said about Young .

@JozsefPapp_

Zachary testified that Young loved and idolized Lil Wayne.

Zachary testified that he last saw Copeland with the Infinity car and Copeland told him that Young had gotten him the car.

Before Zachary and jury is brought back, a recording of a call between Zachary's father and an investigator with the DA's office was played for Whitaker.Whitaker said it didn't put anyone in a good light and doesn't know why anyone would play it and moved on.

Steel is done with his cross-examination. Love is now up for redirect.

@JozsefPapp_

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lupa
Back