GA - Rapper Young + others indicted on RICO & other charges, May 2022. Trial ongoing April 2023, interruptions, lawyer arrested. Fulton County.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@JozsefPapp_

Officer Nicholas Reed is testifying regarding overt act 61, which deals with an armed robbery co-defendant Christian Eppinger was allegedly involved in.Eppinger was a minor at the time of the incident.

1706565294050.png

Eppinger was severed from the case after it was revealed he had a relationship with a courtroom deputy. https://ajc.com/news/crime/ysl-trial-now-down-to-eight-defendants-after-conflict-with-attorney/VEZT46YJEVGWZJUPPOT6UTNXFI/

YSL trial now down to eight defendants after conflict with attorney

Another defendant in the Young Slime Life trial has had his case severed due to a conflict of interest with his attorney.

Judge Ural Glanville severed the case of Christian Eppinger, who is represented by attorney Eric Johnson, during a hearing Thursday. There are now only eight defendants set to stand trial, including Atlanta rapper Young .

Yesterday's X posts:

@meghanncuniff

I couldn’t help but cheer for the Legal Affairs & Trials name when I heard Young ’s lawyer Brian Steel say this today about Law & Crime.“It wasn’t like Law & The Justice System … or just Legal Trials.”“I wouldn’t have had a problem with that.”

“Do you know that Jeffery’s put my name in songs?”YoungThug’s lawyer Brian Steel shouted out his own YoungThug shout outs today. “My uncle always told me pack the steel”- “Never Had It” by @YoungThug & Young Dolph

@meghanncuniff

Always go to the subject matter expert.

@cathyrusson

The youngest defendant on trial, Rodalius Ryan. In her opening statement, Ryan's attorney told the jury they would hear almost nothing about Ryan in the state's case. That has so far been true.

Ryan is already serving a life sentence for the 2019 murder of 15-year-old Jamari Holmes. Ryan was 15-years-old at the time. He is only charged with the RICO account in this trial.

1706718573183.png

Testimony has resumed in the #YSL RICO gang case against Young and his co-defendants.

Members of the jury showed no emotion as they passed around pieces of evidence (pills, bullets, cough syrup ) from a 2017 traffic stop involving Young & Gunna in Dekalb County. Some of the jurors took notes after looking at the evidence.

In her ruling, Judge Hall wrote that courts should be “wary” about allowing the use of hip-hop lyrics against criminal defendants because “artists should be free to create without fear that their lyrics could be unfairly used against them at a trial.”

Back in November, Judge Glanville ruled to allow prosecutors to use some YSL/Young lyrics in the RICO trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member