GA - Rapper Young + others indicted on RICO & other charges, May 2022. Trial ongoing April 2023, interruptions, lawyer arrested. Fulton County.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Young has been identified as the alleged gunman in a call to 911 played during the YSL RICO trial.

During the trial on Tuesday (February 20), prosecutors played a recording of a 911 call made on September 11, 2013, by an unidentified woman.

In the call, the woman first identifies Thugga as the shooter of a mutual friend, then clarifies that she was just relaying the information from an unspecified “someone else,” and wanted to get the details on the record with the police.

https://miami97hits.com/detail/2893...D-GUNMAN-IN-911-CALL-PLAYED-AT-YSL-RICO-TRIAL

February 21, 2024

@JozsefPapp_

Glanville is concerned that if and when there is a verdict that the juror is no longer a resident of Fulton County. Glanville asked attorneys to help out with case law on this because there appears to be little to none on it.

Judge Glanville gave an update on the juror who is moving out of Fulton County.The state asked to have until tomorrow to look at case law.Her new lease goes into effect on Saturday, so Glanville wants a decision on what to do with the juror by tomorrow.

1:28 PM · Feb 22, 2024

She did tell them she was moving during jury selection.

https://x.com/jozsefpapp_/status/1691485332787671047?s=46&t=SLFodPMNirFlebhLfpO5mg

@ShaddiAbusaid

YSL Trial: Juror No. 204 is moving out of the county and Judge Glanville says her new lease starts Saturday.

“The only thing the court’s concerned about is that at the time of the verdict she would no longer be a Fulton County resident," Glanville said. He said he hasn't found any case law about it. Young 's attorney, Brian Steel, says he thinks she should be excused.

The state wants another day to research case law. Glanville says he'll take it up first thing in the a.m.

On Thursday, a witness in the #YSL RICO case testified the moment a car, that was involved in an incident with alleged gang members, was "taken" at a home while he was trying to buy drugs in September 2013. The witness stated he fabricated some of his things about what happened on that day. "I was really scared of getting in trouble for buying weed," he said.

12:30 start time today. Judge took the bench at 1:30. Jury brought in at 1:45. Judge Glanville informs the jury they have a stop time of 4pm today. He informs the jury Monday they will start at 11. No court on Tuesday. Wednesday 10:30. Thursday 9:30. Friday 9am.

AND... they will off March 5-12. (unbelievable)

Officer Black is on the stand. He was present at the Sept. 11, 2013 incident we've been hearing about. On Tuesday the state played a 911 call recording where an unidentified woman said #YoungThug shot a mutual friend.

1708718099910.png

Ofc. Black says he was sitting in this patrol car with another officer. They heard what they thought were gunshots and then out of nowhere this red car came flying off that ledge and ran into the building.

1708717863532.png

Ofc. Black: 3 or 4 Black males jumped out of the red car. Black grabbed one of them and told his trainees to grab another one that was running close to her.

1708717921685.png

Two Black males ran and jumped the retaining wall/fence on the right of this pic.

1708717992655.png

On the stand: Retired homicide detective Vincent Velazquez was in the show "ATL Homicide". He also hosted a show with @LawCrimeNetwork "Keeping the Peace".

1708718046594.png

Breaking: Judge Glanville said the juror, who is moving out of Fulton County, will be excused at the end of the day.

1708718589327.png
1:39 PM · Feb 23, 2024

“I don’t want to excuse her, I really don’t, but I think we’ll have a legal impediment at the time of the verdict," Glanville told attorneys. Prosecutors and defense attorneys did not object to the judge's decision.

1:48 PM · Feb 23, 2024

@JozsefPapp_

These judges in Atlanta and their scheduling practices (and waiting until the last minute to make a decision about anything) leave something to be desired.

My brother is an attorney and has an upcoming hearing scheduled in Atlanta but lives on the opposite side of the state (and several hours away). He's asked the judge overseeing his case to set a firm date for the hearing on multiple occasions, but the judge just keeps giving him vague responses. He's tried to explain that he needs more than a day's notice because he lives several hours away and his client lives in ARIZONA, but the judge just continues to be all like "we'll let you know". How any attorney can work under such conditions I'll never know.

They should have dismissed that juror as soon as he said he was moving.

These judges in Atlanta and their scheduling practices (and waiting until the last minute to make a decision about anything) leave something to be desired.

My brother is an attorney and has an upcoming hearing scheduled in Atlanta but lives on the opposite side of the state (and several hours away). He's asked the judge overseeing his case to set a firm date for the hearing on multiple occasions, but the judge just keeps giving him vague responses. He's tried to explain that he needs more than a day's notice because he lives several hours away and his client lives in ARIZONA, but the judge just continues to be all like "we'll let you know". How any attorney can work under such conditions I'll never know.

They should have dismissed that juror as soon as he said he was moving.
Can't begin to understand judge's delay in excusing juror 204 -- amateur opinion ;)

12:30 start time today. Judge took the bench at 1:30. Jury brought in at 1:45. Judge Glanville informs the jury they have a stop time of 4pm today. He informs the jury Monday they will start at 11. No court on Tuesday. Wednesday 10:30. Thursday 9:30. Friday 9am.

AND... they will off March 5-12. (unbelievable)
Has anyone seen such a schedule/pace for any other trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe