GA - Riceboro, WhtFemale, discovered in woods of the Portal Hunting Club, homicide, 2 Dec 2022 - Mindi Mebane Kassotis *husband arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
how do i write something that is in my opinion based off what i know that is just how i think it's playing out? I don't know how much i need to source stuff.

Abt is working on another case for the remainder of the year, and the case/trial/everything seems to be stalled until then. If anyone has any insight to that, i'd love to know more.

So he was in court, or was supposed to be. Almost drove down there, glad I didn't.

I don't know what's going on, on june 10th there was a WOA filling but i haven't been able to find out what went on in the courtroom that day. A camera man for WTOC news (who filed to use recording devices in the room on may 31st) confirmed they were set up to go, and then just nothing happened.

So yeah. I need to find that answer. Also wish I could just ask Nick and get an answer, "did you do it?".

(sources: Document Access and Electronic Filing)

2024-06-29 05_04_36-PeachCourt - Criminal Case Information - Opera.png

For anyone interested in this case, I found this Up and Vanished spinoff called "Status: Untraced", really good dive into Justin Alexander, but a really.... close to home... idea throughout the whole podcast was we still don't KNOW what happened to him. Anything is still possible. Murdered? Suicide? Accident? Life Reset? There's evidence for each reality, and they're all just as real in people's heads depending on situation and context.

Remember guys, that's the case here. Nick is still innocent until proven guilty. Anything can happen, hold your hate, but in the right places. The whole point of anything is to find justice for Mindi. We are still in a scenario where we really know absolutely nothing. Don't get me wrong, evidence, surface, everything. Nick having actually done this is taking up a good... 80%. All of this is toying with about 1% of that last 20% of him possibly having not done it. And these probabilities change all the time. Not really sure what my point is. I thought it was super interesting, and it just feels like the kind of thing that could be the right thing for someone to read.

Nick having actually done this is taking up a good... 80%. All of this is toying with about 1% of that last 20% of him possibly having not done it.
snipped.

The circumstantial evidence we do know is pretty bad:
  • Changing his name and living a completely new life in a new state.
  • Lying to his new wife and his friends about what had happened to Mindi. Even when she was apparently still alive, he was telling some people that she had died due to Covid and others that she had died in childbirth.
  • He also married someone else when he should have been unaware that Mindi was dead, making him a bigamist if he's innocent.
  • Then there are his writings on his substack and other media indicating that some big event had happened in the recent past which had freed him from previous concerns.
And of course we don't actually know the evidence that the police have against him aside from the photo of him buying a hunting knife. By now they should have any DNA or other forensic testing back. And they probably were able to trace his movements to see where he was around the time of Mindi's death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back