GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't look like a real LinkedIn profile, plus it is rare to find someone of Mr. Dermond's age on the site. LinkedIn is a professional networking website for those still active in the workforce. Doubt very much Mr. Dermond had an interest in linking up with other professionals. And anyone can put any profile they want on LinkedIn. It.s a grown-up Facebook.

Finally, there is nowhere else besides that one skeletal "profile" to be found by searching his name.

BTW, best way to do background review is to look past all the recent articles, usually older news and information is found way down on the Google search.

That one man business has "64 employees". I find it intesting that "someone" decided Mr Dermond is one of them.... I went to the end of Google search for him by name...

That doesn't look like a real LinkedIn profile, plus it is rare to find someone of Mr. Dermond's age on the site. LinkedIn is a professional networking website for those still active in the workforce. Doubt very much Mr. Dermond had an interest in linking up with other professionals. And anyone can put any profile they want on LinkedIn. It.s a grown-up Facebook.

Finally, there is nowhere else besides that one skeletal "profile" to be found by searching his name.

BTW, best way to do background review is to look past all the recent articles, usually older news and information is found way down on the Google search.

Annie1004, I respectfully disagree.. You are only as old as you feel..they say.. Due to folks retiring from the north, etc(never hear of folks retiring in the south & moving to the north. Why?); transplants, they may want to keep in touch with old/young friends, coworkers, etc. I am on LinkedIN and have been retired from public safety for over 22 years. I believe MR D was an avid canoeist..JMO This info may, or may not be significant. But better to have it and not need it, than to need it and...

Been down mountain streams a few times myself.. but up the river without a paddle more times than I want to remember..LOL

Thank you Georgiagirl, that is exactly what I meant! Like it or not, there is a level of desensitization that has to occur for those in the medical community. While a beheading may be particularly gruesome, doctors, nurses, coroners, etc. are in a position to see, touch, cut, clean and mend things that might make the rest of us vomit or worse, pass out. A chef who breaks down large carcasses (usually done in fancier restaurants as the meat is considered fresher, cleaner, and cut better) on a daily basis would probably have more of a mental system of disengaging from the reality of chopping up carcasses.

A Doctor may be as you describe if he were a surgeon. Of course, not all M.D.'s are surgeons. You wheel a headless body into the hospital emergency room and they will be no more accustomed or comfortable with it than you. IMO. ^i^

Annie1004, I respectfully disagree.. You are only as old as you feel.. Due to folks retiring from the north, etc; transplants, they may want to keep in touch with old/young friends, coworkers, etc. I am on LinkedIN and have been retired for 22 years. I believe MR D was an avid canoeist..JMO

Been down mountain streams a few times myself..and up the river without a paddle more times than I want to remember..

Believe me, Mr. Dermond's profile on LinkedIn is a fake. He made no secret of how he could be contacted, as well as other family members, just by doing simple Google searches. His LinkedIn profile would show his past positions if he was interested in "keeping in touch with old colleagues, etc." Anyway, if Mr. Dermond had been associated with this sole practitioner with a "center," we would know that by now.

A Doctor may be as you describe if he were a surgeon. Of course, not all M.D.'s are surgeons. You wheel a headless body into the hospital emergency room and they will be no more accustomed or comfortable with it than you. IMO. ^i^

Storm, I respectfully disagree. Most folks who work in the medical field, public safety, emergency services, etc., have to learn to separate or compartmentalize traumatic incidents. During an emergency they rely on their training and must remain calm, and for lack of better words, they have the ability to block it out of their minds until the incident is resolved.

In the aftermath their empathy and other emotions are no different than anyone else; hence PTSD..

As a big city firefighter/haz mat/heavy rescue; AFD, for 25 years. I experienced many traumatic incidents, and experiencing deaths and decapitations from auto accidents, etc., were routine. Only when children or families were involved, coworkers, or in cases of multiple casualties; high rises, etc., does it affect true professionals..imo It's their job, it's what we were trained to do...

5 KILLED AS FLAMES SWEEP 6TH FLOOR OF ATLANTA BUILDING - Peachtree & 25th Street
Published: Saturday, July 1 1989
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...EEP-6TH-FLOOR-OF-ATLANTA-BUILDING.html?pg=all

Storm, this is simply not the case.Health care professionals deal with traumatic injuries and even death on a daily basis. As a retired employee (20+ yrs.) of a prison health service, I can honestly say that proper medical protocol and treatment options are foremost in your mind. One becomes almost desensitized to gruesome injuries.
At the end of the day, while lying in bed, the graphic details do occupy your thoughts. But never ever do these thoughts present themselves while attending to the patient. This is all IMO and based on my experiences.

Storm, I respectfully disagree. Most folks who work in the medical field, public safety, emergency services, etc., have to learn to separate or compartmentalize traumatic incidents. During an emergency they rely on their training and must remain calm, and for lack of better words, they have the ability to block it out of their minds until the incident is resolved.

In the aftermath their empathy and other emotions are no different than anyone else; hence PTSD..

As a big city firefighter/haz mat/heavy rescue; AFD, for 25 years. I experienced many traumatic incidents, and experiencing deaths and decapitations from auto accidents, etc., were routine. Only when children or families were involved, coworkers, or in cases of multiple casualties; high rises, etc., does it affect true professionals..imo It's their job, it's what we were trained to do...

5 KILLED AS FLAMES SWEEP 6TH FLOOR OF ATLANTA BUILDING - Peachtree & 25th Street
Published: Saturday, July 1 1989
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...EEP-6TH-FLOOR-OF-ATLANTA-BUILDING.html?pg=all

Foxfire,

I'm a former FF as well and you summed it up perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This topic came up earlier in the thread and here is what I found.

Mr. stathas is a LMFT with offices in Greensboro and Atlanta. He and his wife live 18 miles from the Dermond's residence (but surely a much shorter distance across the lake). His wife Sherry is a realtor at Coldwell Banker lake Oconee and does occasionally represent listings with RP.

What I surmised probably happened with this strange Linkedin listing is that someone in the family was making Mr. stathas' linkedin account, but didn't understand exactly how it worked. So they used contacts already stored on the computer (I'm assuming the Dermonds probably knew the couple or bought their house thru Coldwell Banker) to create little blips on LinkedIn to see what the format looked like when published. As someone else mentioned, there are quite a few (22?) of these listings. I only searched one other, and I think he was actually employed at RP on his real linkedin account. I arrived at this conclusion because the wording on one of the listings uses wording that is the same as on Dr. stathas' profile.

The coincidence in all this is that Coldwell Banker lake oconee is also where Vicki Stephens had worked as a realtor.

Does anyone know who the listing agent is on 143 Carolyn dr, the house for sale next door to the Dermonds?

My question is this: how does a 50 year old woman drown right off of her own dock in the middle of the day?? I certainly wish we had more information on Vicki Stephens accidental death.

Annie1004, I respectfully disagree.. You are only as old as you feel..they say.. Due to folks retiring from the north, etc(never hear of folks retiring in the south & moving to the north. Why?); transplants, they may want to keep in touch with old/young friends, coworkers, etc. I am on LinkedIN and have been retired from public safety for over 22 years. I believe MR D was an avid canoeist..JMO This info may, or may not be significant. But better to have it and not need it, than to need it and...

Been down mountain streams a few times myself.. but up the river without a paddle more times than I want to remember..LOL

The canoeist is a different Russell Dermond. If you google the name and Sugar Island, you will find a pic of the canoe racer and his wife. I thought the same thing when this first happened.

This topic came up earlier in the thread and here is what I found.

Mr. stathas is a LMFT with offices in Greensboro and Atlanta. He and his wife live 18 miles from the Dermond's residence (but surely a much shorter distance across the lake). His wife Sherry is a realtor at Coldwell Banker lake Oconee and does occasionally represent listings with RP.

What I surmised probably happened with this strange Linkedin listing is that someone in the family was making Mr. stathas' linkedin account, but didn't understand exactly how it worked. So they used contacts already stored on the computer (I'm assuming the Dermonds probably knew the couple or bought their house thru Coldwell Banker) to create little blips on LinkedIn to see what the format looked like when published. As someone else mentioned, there are quite a few (22?) of these listings. I only searched one other, and I think he was actually employed at RP on his real linkedin account. I arrived at this conclusion because the wording on one of the listings uses wording that is the same as on Dr. stathas' profile.

The coincidence in all this is that Coldwell Banker lake oconee is also where Vicki Stephens had worked as a realtor.

Does anyone know who the listing agent is on 143 Carolyn dr, the house for sale next door to the Dermonds?

My question is this: how does a 50 year old woman drown right off of her own dock in the middle of the day?? I certainly wish we had more information on Vicki Stephens accidental death.
Same real estate company but another agent - male. Not sure how to share that info properly...

I agree with Annie1004 and others who think the LinkedIn profile is a fake and does not mean anything. Most 80-year-olds do not use LinkedIn.

To clarify the bit about canoeing. There happens to be a Russell Dermond who was born in 1936. He competed in the Olympics in the 1950's and 1960's. Not the same man as the one that was murdered.

This case is giving me nightmares. I can't imagine living in the neighborhood, and having no answers! How terrifying!!

O/T
I saw a shadow of a person walking past my bedroom window this morning. The sun was coming up but still dark outside. I first thought it was my daughter outside watering her garden. Then I heard her in the kitchen and my heart sank. We rushed outside and no one was around. We looked in the kids room and both were there, safe. We have surveillance cameras but we have to wait until her fiancee comes home and look. That is 8 hrs from now.

These poor elderly people. How frighten they must have been. Everyone should get surveillance cameras. They run anywhere from $250 and up. I wish they had them.

O/T
I saw a shadow of a person walking past my bedroom window this morning. The sun was coming up but still dark outside. I first thought it was my daughter outside watering her garden. Then I heard her in the kitchen and my heart sank. We rushed outside and no one was around. We looked in the kids room and both were there, safe. We have surveillance cameras but we have to wait until her fiancee comes home and look. That is 8 hrs from now.

These poor elderly people. How frighten they must have been. Everyone should get surveillance cameras. They run anywhere from $250 and up. I wish they had them.
How terrifying for you!

Heartbreaking to even imagine what the Dermonds went through and knowing they probably thought they were perfectly safe. So sad and very frightening.

I just can't see this as a robbery-gone-bad. At least publicly, we have been told that nothing is missing. I vote for thrill-kill because I can't believe anyone in his/her right mind would commit such heinous acts. There appears to be nothing in the Dermonds' backgrounds to raise a red flag.

I also think LE knows a lot more than they are letting on. At least I hope so.

I sure hope they know more than they are saying because they are telling the public they really don't have a clue who did this. Maybe this is the way the FBI profilers have told Sills to speak to the public.

I have a feeling that the suspect is watching and reading every bit of news they can concerning this case. Often times it is a 'catch me if you can' game with murderers like this. It isn't unheard of that if the case goes unsolved the murderer will make contact with a journalist to tell them how dumb the cops are or they will send anonymous letters to LE themselves.

I think LE knows they are dealing with a highly intelligent person but one who is a sociopath.

So who cuts heads off in this country more than anyone in today's time?

Mafia? Nope, they do executions by shooting the victim.

Muslims? Nope, only in foreign countries does that seem to happen.

Hit Men? Nope, shot to the head and they are gone as quickly as they came.

Drug Cartels: Yes, but more often than not it is someone with close ties to the cartel or someone who is trying to invade their turf. When this happens it seems to be done more in the states on the west coast.

Sociopaths/psychopaths? Yes, and often times the victim or victims aren't even known to them. We have seen sociopathic teens as young as 17 decapitate heads all the way through to those being much older 50s-60s. We also have seen where the suspect will put the head in one area and the torso in another distancing them from each other. The common theme in these cases seems to be that they were all sociopaths.

So IMO, they are more likely dealing with a sociopath and already know that.........whether they are right in that community or are nomadic and have moved on by now remains to be seen.

When a sociopath murders... the manner in which the murders are carried out often shows sadistic traits. Their murders can be very unique and often are and so unlike other murders that are carried out.

The plan unfolds inside of a brain that is filled with cunningness, evilness, depravity, and it shows in how they carryout their crimes. They tend to be 'over the top' in the way they do things and far from typical.

IMO

O/T

OMG Trigger you really do need to report it to police.

It sounds like you may have a peeping Tom.:scared:

We have cameras installed through our alarm service provider.

Please keep your doors locked.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members