GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So when are the locals going to get on here so they can tell us what the locals think happened. Would love to hear it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

In my opinion he was shot, the murderers could have used a silencer but I really don't think they needed to, I think they knew no one was around.

Sounds travels very well over lakes, not sure if anyone reported gunshots or not.

near the COLLAR ....

It's always been difficult for me to believe that RD's head was taken to prevent evidence from being obtained, SOOO...
this info from Holloway confirming that GSR was found near the RD's shirt collar is mighty interesting!

Of course, I also now wonder why this was only disclosed on Facebook rather than in the podcast??

Blood evidence regarding the removal of the head was discussed in the podcast, but I don't remember blood splatter (typical with gunshot) being mentioned. RD had to be murdered in the garage, right?

Also, wasn't RD's collar (the reported location of the GSR) a rough "guide" for the cut/s?

Anyone know if RD owned guns?

ETA: And, I second/third/fourth the request for locals to share their opinions :)

One more thing, on the "closing statements" podcast, Holloway states that he and SS believe a gun was involved, also PH states that he believes the crime was extortion committed by 2 or more locals arriving/departing by boat, and they were unfamiliar with the interior of the Dermond home.

I follow all of this thinking except... the evidence to conclude the perps were unfamiliar with the home. Maybe it's unimportant but if so, why mention it?? 'Just to reiterate that family was not one of the perps??

was there a part 3 of the podcast I missed? can anyone share a link to the PH facebook page?

One more thing, on the "closing statements" podcast, Holloway states that he and SS believe a gun was involved, also PH states that he believes the crime was extortion committed by 2 or more locals arriving/departing by boat, and they were unfamiliar with the interior of the Dermond home.

I follow all of this thinking except... the evidence to conclude the perps were unfamiliar with the home. Maybe it's unimportant but if so, why mention it?? 'Just to reiterate that family was not one of the perps??
Well, that's interesting. Was the point to extort the Dermond's
kids?! And if so, how did they know about the Dermond's children?!

Well, that's interesting. Was the point to extort the Dermond's
kids?! And if so, how did they know about the Dermond's children?!

My take on the podcasts regarding extortion:

The perps were trying to extort $ from RD by taking SD from the home.

My take on the podcasts regarding extortion:

The perps were trying to extort $ from RD by taking SD from the home.
Yes, I agree, but were these local yokels thinking they could pick up some money by extorting the kids or were they pros trying to extort or sending a message to the Dermond's kids? Meaning, did one of the Dermond children owe someone some $$$s
It seems that whoever these people were, never contacted any of the Dermond children with a ransom note so why take Shirley? She didn't surface for a while so the perps had time to get a ransom letter out or some form of warning to collect some bucks....
Or was it designed to send a message (w/out any written messages or notes) to the kids to pay up on a loan or you'll be next?

Sorry but this so called expert is wrong. 1st mistake he ruled out the family and I say that because NOBODY should be ruled out unless you know who the killers are. 2nd PH claims the person was not familiar with the home ( Yet according to SS the home was so clean you could eat off the floors) nothing disturbed except for a lamp shade slightly off. Why would someone break into a house to extort money from the dermonds not steal valuables such as jewelry or art . PH says he believes RD was shot and I don't doubt that and I can see them taking the head to conceal evidence. What I don't get is if this was planned out they failed miserably and gained nothing which I doubt . Something missing from the podcasts is the evidence SS says he has why was this not covered since SS claims he has all forms of evidence.

I know both of them check out this thread so i'd really like to hear them explain the finger prints and fibers they found. I personally think PH and SS did this podcast to draw suspicion from the family who I am also sure checks out this thread. SS says he has the evidence but needs a witness. This tells me he knows who did it but the evidence can be contested because that person has been in the house before probably many times. There's no way the finger prints didn't come up In the system. Polygraphs can be beaten easily this whole podcast was a sham designed to keep us off track just like SS has done since day 1. Most of the podcast was building up SS as some super sleuth which he has yet to prove. Retire and lets get this case solved by a real detective

'Seemed rather obvious to me... they pointed to the left while running to the right.

So, I agree with much of your last two posts, hockeyguy33 :)

I think it's possible it was a relative staying with them who used their car and card to get into their gate (I don't know if their entry has a card to use). Maybe someone who stayed with them after their daughter left or came later, maybe picked up at the airport. I think this person asked them for money and was refused and got angry. That's my scenario, JMO

I think it's possible it was a relative staying with them who used their car and card to get into their gate (I don't know if their entry has a card to use). Maybe someone who stayed with them after their daughter left or came later, maybe picked up at the airport. I think this person asked them for money and was refused and got angry. That's my scenario, JMO

Nancy drew---I really think you may be on to something. I've always thought it was someone close to them, and money was the motive. Wish we knew more...

IMHO

NO, THEY ARE not reported, people shoot snakes all the time....and was there enough blood splatter in garage for him to be shot there? I brought this up way back in the thread, would the killer coming with an intent, use a .22, would it make a lot of splatter, or noise? I believe they came prepared, neighbros weren't home but gardeners heard loud voices IIRC but saw nothing

ALSO, the netting, the netting............did this person come from FL? theydont use netting in GA lakes that Ive ever seen........didnt SS go to Jacksonville FL early on? HMMM

Sounds travels very well over lakes, not sure if anyone reported gunshots or not.

The only thing we gained from this podcast is that there was a WHITE male seen saturday on the dermonds lawn, there was gunshot residue on dermonds collar AND there was netting used, he was clearly beheaded in the garage................other than that, if I remembered it all, Philip Holloway doesnt know a thing adn ahs not looked at this liek we all have and was only doing a podcast recountying SS same old facts........................

Extortion doesnt' make sense because most banks are closed or close at noon on Saturday

I just keep going back to the one person whom I suggested was leading the investigation by suggesting it was a cult, who also had a lien on his property before the D's died and was then paid off a year after the Dermonds died and who lives in FL where they use NETTING on fishing boats.....Fishermen are quite adept with knives especially if into deep sea fishing and filet (ing) your catch which are typically big'ns like 35 lbs or much much more............

The reason SS went to FL is possibly due to the netting evidence on the cinder blocks holding SD under water......

Just some thoughts...

Im done being indecisive, if Im wrong Im wrong but what I have found seems to fit very nicely and WHO ELSE would know SO MUCH about the D's habits, whereabouts and the neighbors whereabouts................

sorry, meant to say no part 3, it was not investigative, it was almost useless, but not completely we did get more details....not much but some important ones
was there a part 3 of the podcast I missed? can anyone share a link to the PH facebook page?

AGREED.....on your last 2 posts, except philip holloway doenst know anything except what SS wanted him to know or say, he's smitten by the old man IMO haha..AND i do think these casters are just trying to get movie material or something along with the sherriff getting attention......can't say who it isn't if you dont know who it is for SURE....but if you remember, even SS said but I never say never when referring to the family or family member he requestioned....so I dont think he's completely ruled them out......that netting came from a place where it's needed to crab or shrimp and whatever else, where fishermen fish BIG and are good with knives in fileting their catch, cutting shad for bait etc, probably also a hunter..............what kind of bullet doesnt' exit but explodes inside it's victim?
I know both of them check out this thread so i'd really like to hear them explain the finger prints and fibers they found. I personally think PH and SS did this podcast to draw suspicion from the family who I am also sure checks out this thread. SS says he has the evidence but needs a witness. This tells me he knows who did it but the evidence can be contested because that person has been in the house before probably many times. There's no way the finger prints didn't come up In the system. Polygraphs can be beaten easily this whole podcast was a sham designed to keep us off track just like SS has done since day 1. Most of the podcast was building up SS as some super sleuth which he has yet to prove. Retire and lets get this case solved by a real detective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth