GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In one of these pictures, there is an area to the right of the back of the house that has steps leading to an area that looks like a pool. It kinda looks like a pool cover is on it and has leaves on the surface.

Thanks! I see that too. Not sure what it is, but kind of like a pool cover definitely.

potential evidence, glad to see they're still in hot pursuit

Questioning the family more, of course they have to but....

hope to God these phone records lead somewhere

I wish there was a break in the case as well. For justice for these poor people and to get the maniacs off the streets if they are still in the area? Do they look at sex offenders in the area? I don't think this would be their kind of game tho but I really don't know.

I think the residents think the killer/s have gone back from whence they came, never to be found, targeted only the Dermonds for (whatever) reasons.

But SS thinks they are familiar with the lake, so that means they could be anywhere in the Eatonton or surrounding area

haha, wow, dreams really do come true, had no idea all this would transpire today after I typed all that

In one of these pictures, there is an area to the right of the back of the house that has steps leading to an area that looks like a pool. It kinda looks like a pool cover is on it and has leaves on the surface.

Might be but I thought it was just flagstone walkways to the lawn, dont' know why all that would lead to nowhere unless it's a pool or flagstone patio on the lawn in the shade, but seems like there are too many trees too close, IDK

Interesting it's near a river, I think the report said on strickland st, more on this at 11 action news (wsbtv?)

http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/human-skull-found-in-douglas-county/vC44Sf/

Interesting, The Dermonds came from sandy Springs, lived near Oconnee Springs Rd, Skull found near Lithia Springs, all near water

I'm jumping ahead of myself, news at 11 will hopefully reveal if it's a man or woman skull

W strickland st is what was shown on the video, near the murky river

Also, did they ever find the skull of that pretty blonde girl in Macon?

Male or female, could be either one

Found that skull last week? wgxa news still said it doesn't appear to be Russell Dermond.

Ironic that Gwinett County DA's office is helping Sheriff Sills analyze the newly received phone record data, and the FBI is also still assisting in the Dermond abduction/decapitation/murders investigation seven months later....
Seems, someone may be reading our mail here at websleuths, huh?

New Evidence released in murder of Lake Oconee couple
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/investigators-hope-new-evidence-may-lead-arrest-sl/njN97/

ATLANTA - Investigators are sorting through thousands of pages of potential new evidence in the beheading of an elderly man and the murder of his wife.

Someone killed Russell and Shirley Dermond at their home near Lake Oconee in May. The killer or killers beheaded Russell Dermond and investigators found Shirley Dermond's body in the lake.

Now the Putnam County Sheriff has phone records that could provide new clues.

"We're still actively investigating," said Sheriff Howard Sills. "Most people of this age are not murdered, much less murdered in this manner."
<sniped - read more>

Ironic that Gwinett County DA's office is helping Sheriff Sills analyze the newly received phone record data, and the FBI is also still assisting in the Dermond abduction/decapitation/murders investigation seven months later....
Seems, someone may be reading our mail here at websleuths, huh?

New Evidence released in murder of Lake Oconee couple
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/investigators-hope-new-evidence-may-lead-arrest-sl/njN97/

ATLANTA - Investigators are sorting through thousands of pages of potential new evidence in the beheading of an elderly man and the murder of his wife.

Someone killed Russell and Shirley Dermond at their home near Lake Oconee in May. The killer or killers beheaded Russell Dermond and investigators found Shirley Dermond's body in the lake.

Now the Putnam County Sheriff has phone records that could provide new clues.

"We're still actively investigating," said Sheriff Howard Sills. "Most people of this age are not murdered, much less murdered in this manner."
<sniped - read more>

Didnt he also use Jacksonville FL investigator or something at one time? I know I have several thoughts on why Gwinnett county help, what is your view about this?

Also, have we not yet heard anymore about the skull found last week in Douglasville?

What makes it ironic that the DA's office and FBI are assisting? Isn't that a good thing?
Not being snarky, just curious as to why you feel it's ironic.

What makes it ironic that the DA's office and FBI are assisting? Isn't that a good thing?

Agreed. No irony here. Also, as the FBI have been on the case since the start, 'jurisdictional linkage blindness' doesn't apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post

LOL, I did not take your question as being snarky. The irony is that the GBI has not been requested by Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills, Veddar. The GBI has all these investigative resources available to Sheriff Sills for the asking..

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/resident-question-decision-not-call-gbi-help-putna/nfxjF/
Residents question decision not to call GBI for help in Putnam Co. beheading

Where an elderly man was beheaded say they&#8217;re surprised their sheriff hasn&#8217;t called the state for help.
Russell Dermond, 88, was found dead last week in his Reynold&#8217;s Plantation home and investigators believe his wife, Shirley Dermond, was kidnapped.
Bill McClain lives in the same neighborhood in Putnam County.
&#8220;I&#8217;m just surprised. I would think they&#8217;d be calling in all the help they could possibly get,&#8221; McClain said.
McClain said he thought the GBI had already been called in.

Sheriff Sills said his department has not found many clues to the crime or to Shirley Dermond&#8217;s whereabouts, but he said he is not prepared to call the GBI for help, instead relying on his own 40 years in law enforcement.

&#8220;If you can tell me something the GBI knows how to do that I don&#8217;t know how to do then I will be glad and call them,&#8221; Sills said.

Breaking news!

http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/new-potential-evidence-in-beheading-murder-of/vC5dfS/

Investigators say a CD is among the evidence that could lead them to the person who beheaded an elderly man and murdered his wife 6 months ago near Lake Oconee.

Tonight we were able to get our hands on about 40,000 pages of cellphone records, possibly leading to the killer.

Howard Sills said FBI is still on the case!

WOW! So what would be in 40,000 pages of cellphone records? Would that be pings from specific cell towers?

LOL, I did not take your question as being snarky. The irony is that the GBI has not been requested by Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills, Veddar. The GBI has all these investigative resources available to Sheriff Sills for the asking..

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/resident-question-decision-not-call-gbi-help-putna/nfxjF/
Residents question decision not to call GBI for help in Putnam Co. beheading

Where an elderly man was beheaded say they&#8217;re surprised their sheriff hasn&#8217;t called the state for help.
Russell Dermond, 88, was found dead last week in his Reynold&#8217;s Plantation home and investigators believe his wife, Shirley Dermond, was kidnapped.
Bill McClain lives in the same neighborhood in Putnam County.
&#8220;I&#8217;m just surprised. I would think they&#8217;d be calling in all the help they could possibly get,&#8221; McClain said.
McClain said he thought the GBI had already been called in.

Sheriff Sills said his department has not found many clues to the crime or to Shirley Dermond&#8217;s whereabouts, but he said he is not prepared to call the GBI for help, instead relying on his own 40 years in law enforcement.

&#8220;If you can tell me something the GBI knows how to do that I don&#8217;t know how to do then I will be glad and call them,&#8221; Sills said.

Okayyy, then WHY call FBI? Just asking? And...Does the GBI have the same list of criminals as the FBI?

Okayyy, then WHY call FBI? Just asking? And...Does the GBI have the same list of criminals as the FBI?

dancinunderthemoon, I think that most who have been following the Dermond abduction/decapitation/murders since May 2014 are aware of the reasons why the GBI investigative resources have not been requested by SS.. Both the FBI and GBI are excellent investigative resources, but the GBI would be much more familiar with local and GA state crimes and violent felons/criminals than the FBI, via criminal informants, etc., imo. The FBI may be included due to the possibility of the Dermond murders being committed by suspects from other states. jmo

SS attended the FBI training academy @ Quantico, VA years ago with Jacksonville Sheriff John H. Rutherford..

______

Son of slain couple in grisly Putnam case: Mystery &#8216;just eats at you&#8217;
BY JOE KOVAC JR.
jkovac@macon.comAugust 6, 2014

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/08/06/3236608_son-of-slain-couple-in-grisly.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy
The FBI and some Georgia sheriff&#8217;s investigators have helped in the probe, poring over the case file.

Sills recently called on the expertise of two detectives from the Jacksonville, Florida, sheriff&#8217;s office&#8217;s cold-case squad. Sills roomed with Jacksonville Sheriff John H. Rutherford when the two attended the FBI Academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe