GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked and both the petition and donation numbers have gone up since yesterday

I agree 100%. I also think that he may not have intentionally lied about his timeline. If he really did forget the kid the shock and knowledge of your actions causing your own child's death has to be overwhelming. Maybe he didnt remember going for breakfast as he was wracking his brain to figure out how he could have forgotten to drop the child off at school. Hell sometimes I do so much in a I day and week I could confuse what I ate for breakfast on any given day.

I'm also confused as to why people who feel he could have forgotten in the time it took him to drive to work but not in the time it took to get to work from Chicfila? Because its a short distance? What if he was on the phone or Internet while parked before pulling out? I guess I'm just not seeing proof beyond a reasonable doubt of intent. I still think manslaughter is a more appropriate charge based on what information they have released so far. Just my opinion...

If he were facing into the car, how does surveillance pick that reaction up? What if he got back inside and something didn't feel right, he thought about it and realized? The fact is, going to his car gave him the chance to help his son. He didn't. That is enough for some sort of charge in itself.

I am very, very curious what they found in his office and home. I'd love to know if he spoke to daycare, they left a message, talked to his wife, etc. I am most curious about what communication he used upon immediately returning to his building.

We don't know a lot, but IMO from what we do...he at LEAST displayed extreme negligence.

As much as I want to believe this was a tragic mistake... too many things are still not adding up. Even going into the car at lunch, wouldn't seeing the car seat jog the memory to think "oh crap, I forgot to take him to daycare!!!"??? And while the body may or may not have had an odor, if the child died from heatstroke and had that type of suffering, chances are he lost control of his bladder and bowels... but even if somehow he hadn't, we now know that he had just eaten a few hours before Ross went to the vehicle at lunch, and by that time would have likely had a messy diaper, that had been stewing in the heat. I just can't buy that the smell of a heated dirty diaper would not have alerted him in some way.

And the "maybe he was so confused by doing something outside his normal routine" (in a 3-5 minute span of time). IT people LIVE outside of routine. Nobody can convince me that this man forgot the child he had just had breakfast with mere MINUTES before, no matter if chick fil a was part of his "routine" or not. It's not as if he had been driving for an hour with a sleeping child and it slipped his mind.

As an aside, for anyone that has not seen the PSA on leaving children in cars, it's worth watching and helping to spread awareness that leaving them even for 15 minutes can severely damage or kill them. You can find it on YouTube titled "One Decision (Child Safety Film - Vehicular Heatstroke)"

Breaking!!! Work computer used to look up how long it takes to
Kill an animal in a car!!!! This was on Fox5 noon news broadcast

I'm shocked!! Apparently this info was tweeted by Randy Travis Fox 5 i team

No. Master is a formal way of referring to a young boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it depends on where you live. Use it all the time in my part of NJ. Even my son's birthday cards from classmates were addressed "Master______" in lower grades.

I'm shocked!!

ugh sickening....I knew there was more to the story. Will be interesting to see when he looked this up as well.

Again if I were the mother give me 5mins and a 45. We can save tax payer dollars!!!!

OMG I wondered if he looked something up...

So sad :(

holy...crap.
:(

OH MY GOD! :noooo:

Oh MY GOD!

I'm sick.

OH GOOD GOD.

nonononono

If this is true I wonder why they downgraded the cruelty charge and implied to the ajc they didn't think it was intentional? Confusing!

If this is true I wonder why they downgraded the cruelty charge and implied to the ajc they didn't think it was intentional? Confusing!

Very confusing. :( Wonder if a girlfriend is going to come out of the woodwork.

I cannot fathom the pain this mother (Lord I hope she's not invovled) is going through. My heart goes out to her and the family who truly loved this precious little boy.

Wonder if we will here of a mistress in the near future. This guy rings as a Scott Peterson to me.

\
OMG part of 'things not adding up!'
Now that is just a bit damaging.:thud:
DOES THIS MEAN PRE-MEDITATION?

There is probably no way to prove intention. I think they drop it, because they can't prove. Whomever the computer search proves that he new some point after the fact and did nothing. That would be why they have the murder charge and the reduced charge. IMO, definitely not an expert!!!

That's just bizarre. An IT guy would search that on his work computer then carry it out on his child? If true, not only does he deserve the dp, but a big 'ol Darwin award to go with it!

I cannot fathom the pain this mother (Lord I hope she's not invovled) is going through. My heart goes out to her and the family who truly loved this precious little boy.

Wonder if we will here of a mistress in the near future. This guy rings as a Scott Peterson to me.

If they thought she was involved, would they really release the body and allow her to go out of state? I truly feel she is a tragic victim in this. Poor woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova