Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that the first time.

Like I said, I don't believe that this man in a matter of 3 minutes, from strapping him in after breakfast, to his parking lot, forgot he had a baby with him. I also don't believe for a second that a child that was dead, and likely did have a full diaper, inside a car that at the time was well over 100 degrees, did not emit an odor. We can agree to disagree, but nobody will convince me that this man forgot he had a baby in a few minutes time.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I didn't realize that you saw the link with the real data about this happening because I keep seeing posts where you are trying to get people to think that there is no way that he couldn't have smelled the diaper.

It turns out that is just your opinion and not based on any facts or data.

I think you're onto something.

I'll go you one further. He killed the boy to get back at her for something, via the forgotten child in hot car syndrome thing which, as his many supporters show, renders him completely blameless.

Good point...excellent actually. I suspect he must have called her a name something very crass and derogatory for the policeman to say "watch your mouth". Another scenario one might consider would be an affair with someone else, wants a divorce but does not want to pay child support.

Good point...excellent actually. I suspect he must have called her a name something very crass and derogatory for the policeman to say "watch your mouth". Another scenario one might consider would be an affair with someone else, wants a divorce but does not want to pay child support.

I think it's possible he said something directly to the policeman that he didn't appreciate. I'm not so sure the "watch your mouth" comment was directed at the wife. (Since the police man was trying to get him to tell her what happened, he might have said something unsavory to him.)

Little Apron Academy
2455 Paces Ferry Road,*Atlanta,*GA*30339

Just reported on HLN

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

Daycare is onsite at one HD local but he worked in a different satilite office so he would have had to stop, park and drop Cooper then get back in his car. Drive a short distance and park to go into work. I feel this fact has gotten lost in the shuffle. I've read it reported both ways

I agree and I feel the location of the Daycare is a critical piece of information here. I think it makes a lot of difference if the Daycare was before the location of the chic-fila or between chic-fila and his workplace. If located before you reach chic-fila location then he already knew that he had not dropped baby off at daycare since he ate breakfast with him. If located on the route from Chic-fila to his workplace, he couldn't have forgotten in the very, very short route that he had forgotten the baby was in the backseat. His work place is less than a mile from the chic-fila. Baby didn't have time to fall asleep after just eating breakfast and being strapped into carseat. He would have been making noise, IMO.

The smell of a sweaty baby and dirty diapers would have overwhelmed him when he opened the car door. Just stop and think about that for a second. Sorry for the graphic imagery but it would NOT be pleasant or avoidable. Just like CA driving around with a deceased Caylee in the trunk in the Florida heat and humidity. :(

Babies don't stink when they sweat, if they're clean! Or anyway, most don't. Babies who smell bad when they sweat are actually a cause to bring up with your pediatrician.

So. As a parent, if I didn't think my child was in the car and I got into the car at work and as I was driving, I noticed the car smelled like a dirty diaper, my thought process would be "wow it smells in here. Did I leave a diaper in here? Does the car seat need to be washed? Is there a dirty diaper in the diaper bag? " My first thought, getting into my car at work, wouldn't be it smells in here my baby must be in here.

Then driving down the road, he may have been thinking MAN IT SMELLS IN HERE, yowzer. And then he'd suddenly realize he hadn't dropped off the baby.

I know to some it appears I'm making excuses, but I'm just thinking through this whole process. If you walk into your baby's room and you think your baby is somewhere else, and you smell a dirty diaper, do you change your mind and decide your child IS in that room, or do you think eeks I need to locate that diaper and get it out of here?

Again, I'm wearying of this smell thing because it's a knowable fact, and we just don't know it.

The difference with Casey Anthony, is she knew her baby was dead in the trunk. Little Cooper would not have begun to smell yet.

Does anyone know if there is video/security camera evidence Harris went out to his car at noon ? Most places of business have cameras outside as well as inside.

Little Apron Academy

Just reported on HLN

Thanks but....

Not what I read in one of the original articles.( can't find it now)..does this mean it's not a Home Depot sponsored daycare?

It defies all logic that he went to his car and didn't see that child at noon. But, my response was to the person that said they believe he found the child at noon and then tried to cover it up, not that he intentionally left the child in the car.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I would expect that he would have IMMEDIATELY "discovered" the child and called an ambulance, not just lock him back in for another 4 hours.

I guess it depends on the state you are in. Here in NC a law was recently passed allowing law enforcement and rescue workers to break windows for pets that were in hot cars (I'm pretty sure same goes for children), but I don't think a civilian would be free of facing any charges the car owner brought against them. However, I don't care about facing charges... I keep a nice device in my car for that very reason. If it comes down to me being sued or arrested to save the life of a child or pet, I will choose life every time.

That's how I how I feel. I've reported dogs in hot cars at the grocery store and had the workers tell me to mind my own business, but animal or child cruelty is my business.

Little Apron Academy

Just reported on HLN

There is a Paces Ferry Road right there near the Chick-fila.

ETA: Sorry but that was Paces Mill Road. Is the Home Depot on the map (not marked ) just left of the Chick-fila the one where the Daycare center is located?

The witnesses claimed the boy was soaked with sweat, looking as if he had been pulled from a swimming pool. This implies that he DID die in the car of the heat. I know heat produces lethargy and he may NOT have put up a fuss, even if anyone passed by the vehicle. But to suggest he was dead when placed in the car that morning is inconsistent with him still being damp with perspiration.

That part is suspect to me as well. If he left the baby in the car in the morning, he likely died in the morning. We don't continue to sweat after death... so the perspiration would have been dry by 4PM... for him to be as the witnesses said, soaking as if out of a pool... that doesn't make sense to me. I'm thinking Ross may have poured water on him?

I would expect that he would have IMMEDIATELY "discovered" the child and called an ambulance, not just lock him back in for another 4 hours.

Or go inside and google search how long it takes a dog to die in a car. It's strictly JMO, that's what I think happened. He went out and realized he was there, went back in and searched, thought about how to cover this up the rest of the day, and did nothing for his sweet boy.

I guess it depends on the state you are in. Here in NC a law was recently passed allowing law enforcement and rescue workers to break windows for pets that were in hot cars (I'm pretty sure same goes for children), but I don't think a civilian would be free of facing any charges the car owner brought against them. However, I don't care about facing charges... I keep a nice device in my car for that very reason. If it comes down to me being sued or arrested to save the life of a child or pet, I will choose life every time.

Personally, I'll take the vandalism or whatever charge and pay for the window to be fixed over risking an animal or child dying while I stood outside the car waiting for help, but that's JMO! :blushing:

That part is suspect to me as well. If he left the baby in the car in the morning, he likely died in the morning. We don't continue to sweat after death... so the perspiration would have been dry by 4PM... for him to be as the witnesses said, soaking as if out of a pool... that doesn't make sense to me. I'm thinking Ross may have poured water on him?

I have the thought that he poured water on to make him look sweaty.

Little Apron Academy

Just reported on HLN

Thanks but....

Not what I read in one of the original articles.( can't find it now)..does this mean it's not a Home Depot sponsored daycare?

Ok looking at Princessp's map that means it's very close to the Chick fillet place...look to the left...from where Chick fillet is located

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zyfrUxWbLQ7Q.kfyS530qxhFc

Babies don't stink when they sweat, if they're clean! Or anyway, most don't. Babies who smell bad when they sweat are actually a cause to bring up with your pediatrician.

So. As a parent, if I didn't think my child was in the car and I got into the car at work and as I was driving, I noticed the car smelled like a dirty diaper, my thought process would be "wow it smells in here. Did I leave a diaper in here? Does the car seat need to be washed? Is there a dirty diaper in the diaper bag? " My first thought, getting into my car at work, wouldn't be it smells in here my baby must be in here.

Then driving down the road, he may have been thinking MAN IT SMELLS IN HERE, yowzer. And then he'd suddenly realize he hadn't dropped off the baby.

I know to some it appears I'm making excuses, but I'm just thinking through this whole process. If you walk into a room that you don't believe your child is in, and you smell a dirty diaper, do you change your mind and decide your child IS in that room, or do you think eeks I need to locate that diaper?

Again, I'm wearying of this smell thing because it's a knowable fact, and we just don't know it.

The difference with Casey Anthony, is she knew her baby was dead in the trunk. Little Cooper would not have begun to smell yet.
SABBM

Good point. Some of this will be revealed in the investigation, most likely.

Graphic :
Personally, I'd think decomp. would smell stronger and worse than fecal odor ; but that's just an opinion.

Does anyone know if there is video/security camera evidence Harris went out to his car at noon ? Most places of business have cameras outside as well as inside.

Yes. I guess tot dad can forget about attending funeral in Ala on Saturday. Now if all the sheep who donated money can get a refund the world will be a better place. How is a recent MIS grad dumb enough to google about killing a baby. Thank goodness he wasn't very bright. :twocents:

Thanks but....

It is the Home Depot Daycare.

Also, the home is 1212 Terrell Mill Rd Marietta Ga 30067.
Wynnes Ridge Condominium.

***only 3 people have donated $ today. Per Vinnie Politan on HLN.

If there's a girlfriend in the picture, or a pending divorce, I'll change my belief also.

Let me ask. How many of us do NOT have that search on our computer right now? How many of us also don't have a search on how to fake a child's accidental death, how much poison would kill an adult, how long does rigor mortis take to set in, etc?

I'd say none. Leaving dogs in a hot car has been hugely in the news in the last couple months. Did this search follow a case locally where a dog died in a hot car?

What sometimes looks obvious isn't always. God help any of us if we have a relative die of suspicious circumstances.

Since reading about this case, my computer has searches on SEVERAL of these topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova