GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Akers Mill Road to Powers Ferry Road is a very common way to avoid I-285 in that area. From the Home Depot HQ, he could follow Cumberland Pkwy to Cumberland Blvd., and then onto Akers Mill, then make the left on Powers Ferry and head towards their condo.

When I lived in this area, I often went that way to avoid I-285 during the rush hours. It can be confusing looking at the maps because many of the roads share similar names and they overlap in a couple of areas.

It's certainly not the most direct route, but many commuters take that route to and from the area. Keep in mind, the area around I-75/I-285 at Cumberland is one of the worst parts of the metro Atlanta area during the evening rush hours.

Is 4:00 rush hour there? I know it starts about 5:30 here and is REALLY bad. People who get off at 4:00 avoid most of it. Just curious, since I've never been there!

Is 4:00 rush hour there? I know it starts about 5:30 here and is REALLY bad. People who get off at 4:00 avoid most of it. Just curious, since I've never been there!

6:30-10:00 typically in the mornings. 4:00-7:00 typically in the evenings.

The warrant says the child was left in the car for ~ 7 hours and that Akers Mill was at 4:23. So that would put him at work in the 9 a.m. time frame or shortly after

Yes, I know. But, if he is supposed to be clocked in and working at 9:00, and he wasn't...why was he late? He didn't take his kid to daycare, so why would he be late that day?

I'm not saying he was late, I am just curious if he was. I feel that would be significant.

Actually, Akers Mill Road to Powers Ferry Road is a very common way to avoid I-285 in that area. From the Home Depot HQ, he could follow Cumberland Pkwy to Cumberland Blvd., and then onto Akers Mill, then make the left on Powers Ferry and head towards their condo.

When I lived in this area, I often went that way to avoid I-285 during the rush hours. It can be confusing looking at the maps because many of the roads share similar names and they overlap in a couple of areas.

It's certainly not the most direct route, but many commuters take that route to and from the area. Keep in mind, the area around I-75/I-285 at Cumberland is one of the worst parts of the metro Atlanta area during the evening rush hours.

Why wouldn't he just take Windy Ridge Parkway?

What do you make of Pierce's statement to CNN that he couldn't confirm that the child was in the car at 9 a.m.?

That statement definitely caught my attention. I've not been able to find anything else about it.

If he goes to work at 9AM, assuming he works 8 hrs a day, he shouldn't have left until 5PM. Why did he leave work early?

If he goes to work at 9AM, assuming he works 8 hrs a day, he shouldn't have left until 5PM. Why did he leave work early?

I think 9:00-4:00 was his typical work day...it seems. Articles never say specifically that is was his work schedule, but there has been no mention of it being otherwise. I'm only assuming with that.

I totally agree. What else could an allegedly shocked, grieving, distraught father of a dead child say on the phone to his wife when telling her that child was dead, that would prompt LE to tell him to watch his mouth? Just wish some witness had been able to hear what he'd actually said, or LE would be able to reveal it.

I agree....

I can imagine any expletives a grieving father would say at the moment of the discovery of the death of his child would be overlooked by LE...

Unless these expletives were directed at someone specifically... (Such as the mother of the baby, LE, etc...)... And/or if they were threatening words/gestures...

All... JMO

Yes. It starts around 3:00p.
Well 4:00p in the summer.
Hospital staff gets out at 3:00p that starts it.
It is better in the summer.
Schools is out fewer people on the rd.
moo
All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

Why wouldn't he just take Windy Ridge Parkway?

For me personally, I would avoid that route because the intersection at Cumberland Blvd and Spring Rd is usually horribly backed up during the rush. He'd have to go through that intersection to get to Windy Ridge. It also backs up quite a bit at the Cobb Pkwy intersection. That's just me.

I don't know why he chose one route over another. I was simply explaining that many people driving through that area use the Cumberland-Akers Mill-Powers Ferry route.

For me personally, I would avoid that route because the intersection at Cumberland Blvd and Spring Rd is usually horribly backed up during the rush. He'd have to go through that intersection to get to Windy Ridge. It also backs up quite a bit at the Cobb Pkwy intersection. That's just me.

I don't know why he chose one route over another. I was simply explaining that many people driving through that area use the Cumberland-Akers Mill-Powers Ferry route.

I agree.
Everyone I know still uses that route. It's far enough away from 41 and 75 it usually keeps moving pretty well.

Maybe a 20 min ride at 4pm about 8 miles? I am guessing.

I have the thought that he poured water on to make him look sweaty.

But then why tell people on the scene the boy choked? If the boy died in te car and he wanted to cover it up making him look sweaty doesn't make sense.

I don't see any grand conspiracy - I see that in the initial time when the spotlight was on the dad and he was in handcuffs and the decision was made to charge him with murder, they were operating with very little information.

And now, his wife has been told not to speak out and he's in jail until at least July 15.

And the autopsy is "complete" (although we know tox tests can't be back yet) and they're not releasing that either. Just veiled 'if you only knew what we know' type statements.

I'm just always more comfortable when more information is released to the public, as in cases in Florida where the public has a right to know what the legal system is doing.

I think the only reason they will release any of this before the trial is to help dispel public opinion that is erroneous and encouraging people to contribute to his defense fund and petition for his release. I think that they will reveal enough to convince us there WAS foul play involved and leave the rest for trial.

What do you make of Pierce's statement to CNN that he couldn't confirm that the child was in the car at 9 a.m.?

Well he wasn't ... He was in Chicfila. I think they were making a point that he lied about his where-a-bouts

But then why tell people on the scene the boy choked? If the boy died in te car and he wanted to cover it up making him look sweaty doesn't make sense.

I have no idea. I suspect he had been concocting something at least since noon. I can't imagine he was in a very logical mindset then. The only way the child could have been wet, is if he made him wet. Like was said, he won't continue sweating after death.

Well he wasn't ... He was in Chicfila. I think they were making a point that he lied about his where-a-bouts

Yes, and I wonder if that statement was made before they corroborated that he was in fact there. At that time, it's likely they literally didn't know if he was in the car at 9:00.

The baby was covered in vomit? Dad tried to rinse him off before touching him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member