GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really wondering why Cooper was front facing until two weeks prior to this and suddenly became rear facing. I wonder what explanation RH provided for that sudden change in how the seat was being placed in the vehicle.

NM just saw ociboys about this topic. Was that covered at the hearing? That was when my MIL did her popin and I missed like ten minutes of hearing. Was the trip to AL car seat swap thing explained at that point in the hearing then?

So its been stated the rear facing seat was in mom's car until two weeks prior to the 18th when she swapped seats for the forward one in his vehicle to travel home to AL. This rear seat was his original infant seat. Either he moved the straps back down or Cooper was traveling around in HER vehicle like that all along. Speaks volumes for the attentive parenting skills, or lack thereof.

People have asked, why now? IMO because Cooper started to figure out how to wriggle out of the car seat. Lower the straps and do it now.

Starr, I agree. I don't think it's excessive at all. When you consider what kind of hospital bills a parent might be responsible for, it seems reasonable.

So RH took over the family finances and ran up their debt. Seems he was spending his share of the insurance money because he knew he was going to be in lock up. Also, what instructions do you need to give regarding collecting the ins money, besides...call the ins company?

If they didn't know about the policy, they would need instruction. Do we know if hey knew?

I'm not yet ready to think that RH got a sexual thrill from Cooper's death directly but I do believe he is a sexual sadist. I think sex and violence are somehow melded in his sick brain and it's not much of a stretch to imagine him getting a hard on from the act itself but not necessarily from the result. I think time will tell.

I do believe RH derived pleasure from the idea of doing something 'naughty' (read evil) and getting away with it. I also think he's capable of compartmentalizing his need for that emotion and separating it out from the reality that another human being had to suffer terribly in order for him to attain it.

IOW, it's hard to tell at this point whether RH chose to murder Cooper in a gruesome, agonizing way because he thought it was foolproof or because he had a dark need to impart pain in the process. I'm not even sure that RH himself knows.

What I do know right now is that RH gleefully agreed in a (s)text that he has no conscience, that he enjoyed viewing images of torture and death and that he saw Cooper as an inconvenient object that prevented him from enjoying the good life.

I can't help but think about serial killers who describe their first kill. Some say it was an 'accident' that unexpectedly gave them a deep thrill that left them wanting to experience the feeling over and over. Does RH fall into this category? Who knows. If so, then thankfully he's been removed from society this early.

:jail: <insert little electric chair smiley here>
:moo:

I think the very thought of being child free made him very very excited...sexually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The warrants also focused on the car seat itself. "Harris was questioned regarding the car seat that the child was seated in. Harris knew the specific make and model of the seat and what the weight limit was for the child to be seated in it. When the seat was inspected the straps for the seat were set on the lowest level for a small child."

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_talked_to_f.html

Do you know what the significance of the straps setting is?

I am not superstitious or religious and when I received the Gerber insurance info I tore it up before I threw it in the trash. I felt like it was a bad omen!

I'm not yet ready to think that RH got a sexual thrill from Cooper's death directly but I do believe he is a sexual sadist. I think sex and violence are somehow melded in his sick brain and it's not much of a stretch to imagine him getting a hard on from the act itself but not necessarily from the result. I think time will tell.

I do believe RH derived pleasure from the idea of doing something 'naughty' (read evil) and getting away with it. I also think he's capable of compartmentalizing his need for that emotion and separating it out from the reality that another human being had to suffer terribly in order for him to attain it.

IOW, it's hard to tell at this point whether RH chose to murder Cooper in a gruesome, agonizing way because he thought it was foolproof or because he had a dark need to impart pain in the process. I'm not even sure that RH himself knows.

What I do know right now is that RH gleefully agreed in a (s)text that he has no conscience, that he enjoyed viewing images of torture and death and that he saw Cooper as an inconvenient object that prevented him from enjoying the good life.

I can't help but think about serial killers who describe their first kill. Some say it was an 'accident' that unexpectedly gave them a deep thrill that left them wanting to experience the feeling over and over. Does RH fall into this category? Who knows. If so, then thankfully he's been removed from society this early.

:jail: <insert little electric chair smiley here>
:moo:

Here is my problem with that. He went to sites about death and dying and watched videos. When he put the light bulbs in the vehicle there is a fair chance he smelled something but for sure he knew his son was there dead and what did he do? Went to his office and sexted. jmo

I personally think the Insurance was excessive. If one wants to take it out just to cover Funeral expenses it's a good idea. Horrid to think about but a reality. As I posted earlier back then we had 5 thousand which was adequate. I don't see anyone having a huge funeral/meal etc. in the case of a child. I know it really was a hardship on our Nephew and Wife when their child was born deceased. My BIL and SIL and Hubby and I paid for the Funeral/Burial/Stone.

Not that I really care but out of nosyness, how does he p? A bag? Don't they have chemical castration?

Penis.... a tree's trunk with the acorns?:floorlaugh:

You know, I have no clue... but now that you have mentioned it, I'm kinda curious too.
They do have chemical castration, but his castration wasn't done BY the prison, but the inmates.

Did anyone else hear the defense atty. question this and Det. Stoddard said they did not find such a text and then rattled off a long list of possible other communication options they may have used? I am not that savvy about such things so I do not remember a single one of them but at the time I thought that LE was probably still in the process of examining all of his devices and all of these communication options......

Yes, LE may still uncover this alleged text. I think they have just begun searching all of Harris' devices.

Also, I think if the text was deleted, the phone company can recover it, but that may take some time.

Yes they do have chemical castration but years ago when I worked with pedophiles it did little. Extreme anxiety was there and any attempt to "relieve the sexual tension" took hours. If it even happened. Hope not too much info LOL

No not too much info. Seems it would be easier to cut off their head, or both of them. LOL

IMO any pedophile who has sexual tension, should use the above solution., they should never ever be released on innocent people ................... A survivor

You guys, the forum in befuddling me and I can't see my responses. I am so, so sorry if there are a millions posts by me that I can't see to delete.

What do you guys think about him instructing on how to file the insurance claim during the investigation?

Who was he instructing? I missed that part of the case.

Also-is all the evidence circumstantial.......Is it enough to send him away-or could a dream-team defense save his sorry self?

with the seat he was in and the size weight he appears to have been at 22 months the strap settings should have been at another setting MOO

You guys, the forum in befuddling me and I can't see my responses. I am so, so sorry if there are a millions posts by me that I can't see to delete.

What do you guys think about him instructing on how to file the insurance claim during the investigation?

I don't know how it works anywhere else, but here. The funeral director tends to those things, at least they did in cases I'm familiar with.

I think it should have been the LAST thing on his mind...if there were concerns about funeral costs, he knew he had insurance. All he had to do was give policy to the funeral director.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whew, finally caught up from yesterday! So who has figured out RH's kik and skout usernames yet? Lol.

So RH took over the family finances and ran up their debt. Seems he was spending his share of the insurance money because he knew he was going to be in lock up. Also, what instructions do you need to give regarding collecting the ins money, besides...call the ins company?

All we had to do was call the Insurance Co. and we had the policies if asked. They didn't. I cant remember but we may have had to show the death certificate. Then they cut a cheque.

Nice new layout!

O/T but to HOW TO SAVE A SPOT on a thread:

1. Go to the white toolbar at the top of any thread you want to SUBSCRIBE to (i.e. you will have that thread on a list of your subscriptions whether you have posted on it on not)

2. Find the THREAD TOOLS link and pull down and find SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD. CLICK ON IT.

3. Add the subscription.

4. Unfortunately, you will be rerouted to the FIRST PAGE of the thread you just subscribed to but hopefully you will find your way back to the page you were just reading.

5. To see all of your subscribed threads: Go to the BLUE toolbar at the very top of ANY websleuths page.

6. Find the QUICK LINKS tab.

7. Click on SUBSCRIBED THREADS. View all of your threads. Ones that have new posts with be bolded.

Hope this helps. xo

Who was he instructing? I missed that part of the case.

Also-is all the evidence circumstantial.......Is it enough to send him away-or could a dream-team defense save his sorry self?

There were new warrants released today. It does not specify who, but it saying people, I assumed that meant family...since they would be the ones able to claim. Not sure what specific family, or if they knew the policy existed before this

Yes, LE may still uncover this alleged text. I think they have just begun searching all of Harris' devices.

Also, I think if the text was deleted, the phone company can recover it, but that may take some time.

Stoddard said on the stand that AT&T takes about 6 weeks to get the records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member