GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cobb County Magistrate's Office today released 18 new search warrants in the case against Tuscaloosa native Justin Ross Harris, 33. Harris is charged with murder and child cruelty in the June 18 death of Cooper.

"Through the investigation Harris has made comments to family members regarding a life insurance policy that he has on Cooper and what they need to do in order to file for it,'' according to one of the search warrant affidavits.

bbm

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...lked_to_f.html

I can't find the actual warrants... Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was sitting through Hurricane Arthur yesterday afternoon and evening and only got to see parts of the hearing. Is there a video of the entire hearing I can view? Thanks in advance.

Gosh Lone-I hope you didn't sustain damages? I guess you lost electricity etc? Did you evacuate? -glad you are back online.........I think the media thread has the hearing vid.

Maybe he has "other" debt...

Who was he instructing? I missed that part of the case.

Also-is all the evidence circumstantial.......Is it enough to send him away-or could a dream-team defense save his sorry self?

Not all of the evidence is circumstantial. LE has video evidence of Harris' activities throughout the day (leaving CFA, tossing the light bulbs in his car, etc.) There were also witnesses at the scene of Cooper's "discovery", including LEOs.

Chicco keyfit

Cooper was way too big for that infant carrier. What kills me, JRH had to have known, because in the search warrant, it states straps on infant seat were at lowest setting for the smallest child. My girls both had that exact seat, and the lowest setting is for newborns. I don't see how the heck he was able to strap Cooper in it, honestly.

http://www.chiccousa.com/Files/pdf/product-manuals/KeyFit-Instructions-08.pdf
disgusting, so he had that sucker set up so that the straps came through the lowest hole in the series of three??? How could that poor baby have been comfortable?? He would be so squished in there, that setting is meant for infants FGS????

also note the carseat specs say for use for children up to age 1 or 22 pounds.

I would love to know Cooper's weight at the time of his death.

Child Requirements
Children should ride in a REAR-FACING Child Restraint until
they’re at least 1 year old AND weigh at least 20 lbs.

1 .ONLY use this child restraint
if.the.child.meets.all.of.the.following.
requirements:
. .Weight.between.4 and 22 pounds
. . (2.and.10.kg)..
. .Height.is.less.than.30 inches
. . (76.cm)..
. .Top.of.head.is.at.least.1 inch..
. . below.top.of.carrier.

(This is in response to Minor4th asking what we thought of the wife/mom. I'm having trouble quoting.)

First, :seeya: Minor! Always glad to see you!

As far as Leanne Harris goes, I always try really, really, really hard to wait and see what the evidence shows before jumping to conclusions, but I'm having serious problems with this woman. She was reported to having said at Cooper's funeral that she would not want to bring her son back to this "broken world." She was more interested in seeing her husband than her dead son. She was concerned whether her husband had "said too much" to law enforcement. She seemed totally calm during the preliminary hearing.

I can speculate a lot about what is going on with her, but I definitely think she has some knowledge about Cooper's death, and probably some of that knowledge is before the fact.

Hi there :seeya:

I also try to reserve judgment til I hear the evidence - but in this case, I am comfortable enough rushing to judgment LOL. All the things you mentioned - plus her immediate statement to daycare that "Ross must have left Cooper in the car" ..I think she was definitely in on it.

OT

Trying to get my settings the way they were. Does anyone know if you can still hide portions of the forum you do not use, to just show sections that you do?

No idea, because I never used that feature, but there is a thread in the basement you may be able to try asking: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ORTANT-MESSAGE-to-MEMBERS-ONLY*forum-upgrade*

PS Thanks Linda7NJ for verifying the slowness wasn't just me. I'm on a home computer with google.

It will be interesting to read more about LH, now that the door is open.

Well by all appearances it seems the only thing on Dad's mind was sex/sexting and money. Mom seemed concerned with seeing Hubby not poor little Cooper and asking if he said too much. I cant stand it :tantrum:

http://www.chiccousa.com/Files/pdf/product-manuals/KeyFit-Instructions-08.pdf
disgusting, so he had that sucker set up so that the straps came through the lowest hole in the series of three??? How could that poor baby have been comfortable?? He would be so squished in there, that setting is meant for infants FGS????

Exactly - this was a two year old; he could talk to his father and probably could have gotten himself out of the car seat unless he was strapped in too tight and couldnt wiggle.

Hi there :seeya:

I also try to reserve judgment til I hear the evidence - but in this case, I am comfortable enough rushing to judgment LOL. All the things you mentioned - plus her immediate statement to daycare that "Ross must have left Cooper in the car" ..I think she was definitely in on it.

Didn't want to see her son...asked to see her husband!

The above convinced me 100% of her prior knowledge.

Followed by, "did you say too much"

Watching the pc hearing - wow, the defense attorney is trying so hard to keep out the evidence of the sexting

He had texted her asking, "When are you going to pick up my little buddy?" hadn't he? So she knew Justin was alive and not missing.

I don't think that is the incriminating factor.

If she was innocent then she would have responded to the fact that Cooper was not at nursery with the comment: "But his daddy just called/texted me to check I was picking him up! What do you mean he isn't here?"

There was absolutely NO innocent reason for her to come out with "He must have left him in the car" at all. None whatsoever.

with the seat he was in and the size weight he appears to have been at 22 months the strap settings should have been at another setting MOO
At his size he shouldn't have even been in the seat. His height exceeded it by 2-3 inches. I believe.
moo

u5agyvuv.jpg

Watching the pc hearing - wow, the defense attorney is trying so hard to keep out the evidence of the sexting

I love where he starts grasping at straws....says "we don't even know it was a woman" and the judge replied..."what difference does it make?"

Give yourself an ID pic. It will make it easier for you to find yourself.

PS- is anyone finding this thread on the new forum slower to load than with the old, or is it just me? I know it's supposed to be faster, but not at my end. :blushing:

On topic- that picture of the car seat with the seatbelt in the lowest position says so much! I'm sure images of Coopers car seat will be shown in court proceedings showing how tight it was. Poor little guy. :(

OT - the new board is significantly faster for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member