GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not so sure. We have seen the most brutal cases happen when big and bad dogs were either outside or inside of the home with the victims. It did not stop the suspects from doing the murders and no one saw or heard a thing. Example: In the Greone mass murder case they had two huge pit bulls inside of the home with them. Shasta's brother was sure they would attack anyone who tried to harm his family. He was wrong and Duncan was a total stranger. Joseph Duncan told Shasta when he held her captive that he thought when he came in through the unlocked sliding glass door the first thing he would have to do is kill the two pit bulls. But he didn't have to kill either one. During the time he was bludgeoning three of the victims to death with a hammer inside of their homes he said the dogs only whimpered and ran under the dining room table, and stayed there until he took Shasta and Dylan with him after murdering their family members.

Dogs are as unpredictable as human beings are. That is why owners shouldn't ever expect their dogs to guard and protect them because there have been several cases where that just didn't happen. He could have thrown her treats and I don't know of one dog that will reject treats.

Wasn't her car also outside? I think he knew she was there and that is why he went there. IMO

I didn't know that about the pittbulls. Wow. We have two that sleep in the bedroom. While others may refer to them as guard dogs in my mind they're alert dogs, there to wake me up and give me time to grab a gun. I've read many times you want "guard" dogs for the noise rather than protection.

My apologies if this has already been asked/answered but is the man arrested the one that was stalking her? I thought I remembered on an episode of Dateline that she had a student who thought she was interested in her and would show up at her house.
Hi mbk, I think you may be thinking of Anthony Vickers, who was one of her students who came to her house a made a ruckus about getting in not too long before her disappearance.

What wonderful news! I remember Tara's case well. It stands out because there were no persons of interest, or obvious motives, and she seemed well-loved by her community. I am SO delighted that an arrest has been made!!!

Justice for Tara!

I just feel so sad and terrible for how terrified Tara must have been in her final moments. I wonder if this was a one-time thing for this guy, or if he's responsible for other assaults? It's so strange that he would commit such a heinous crime at age 22 and then never get in trouble for anything else afterwards - not even drug charges (besides the DUI).

I am really curious about the glove now. Since Ryan Duke has a record, his DNA & fingerprints would already be in the database. I know the glove only had a partial print. The GBI seemed so sure that the glove was tied to the perpetrator. It would seem the glove is not connected to this crime.

Would his fingerprints & DNA not be entered into the database for a DUI charge.

this is fantastic news!! Praying for her family and friends as it is just beginning again for them.

I wonder if he was responsible for the "rubber glove" in the front yard that was found.

I believe she did know him, or at least recognize him. There were no signs of a break-in, correct? He overpowered her in bedroom, hence the overturned lamp. He probably killed her there also which is kind of amazing that there was no evidence of a death in her room? That I have ever heard that is...does anyone know.
It's gross..but when someone dies, certain bodily functions occur and that would leave evidence but I never heard of anything like that.
Perhaps she was unconscious when he took her out of the home?

I am just so happy he is caught. Tara's case was one of the ones I always thought about. Like Jennifer Kessee.

Who took 12 years to come forward with info leading to Duke's arrest, I wonder? Maybe an ex- wife or ex- girlfriend who had been given some "gift" that was suspicious? Or maybe an accomplice who has been given immunity from prosecution? It wasn't DNA, it wasn't fingerprints, they are clearly saying someone led them to the guy based on evidence.

Tara had every reason to live a long and happy life. I hope he gets the DP.

The drug idea makes sense...here's something to think about. Was he aware of the $300 she made that night helping the girls prepare for the pageant? That would be pretty good reason to an addict. That $$ never made it out of her car console, so maybe not. I guess it could be a million scenarios that may never truly come to light. Just so glad her family has some answers and the ppl I was so rude about can resume life without the rumors.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The burglary charge is because he took her purse and keys. Imo, he wasn't there to burglarize anything. He took those after he had murdered her to make it look like she had ridden off with someone else, imo.

I just read that he doesn't have a criminal record other than a DUI. I imagine he made sure not to do things that could put his DNA into a data bank so he kept his nose clean all of these years it seems except for the DUI.

So I really dont think burglary was the motive for this crime.

I am so happy too proctorelites that finally the family will see justice done for what happened to Tara. It has to be a mixed emotional day for all of them today.

JMO though

Don't know if this has been posted yet. Very telling. Charged with killing her at her home and then removed her body.
If this guy doesn't look like hell warmed over here! I guess being a murderer takes a toll on a person. He was so handsome as a high school senior. So sad all the way around.
"Accused Tara Grinstead killer makes first appearance"
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/w...stead-killer-makes-first-appearance/413658492

this is fantastic news!! Praying for her family and friends as it is just beginning again for them.

I wonder if he was responsible for the "rubber glove" in the front yard that was found.

I believe she did know him, or at least recognize him. There were no signs of a break-in, correct? He overpowered her in bedroom, hence the overturned lamp. He probably killed her there also which is kind of amazing that there was no evidence of a death in her room? That I have ever heard that is...does anyone know.
It's gross..but when someone dies, certain bodily functions occur and that would leave evidence but I never heard of anything like that.
Perhaps she was unconscious when he took her out of the home?

I am just so happy he is caught. Tara's case was one of the ones I always thought about. Like Jennifer Kessee.

In other unsolved cases they remain unsolved at that time because LE had no evidence a murder had occurred inside the home only later to find the suspect and it was determined the victim/s were killed in their home. In the McStay case as far as I know LE found no physical evidence the four had been killed in their home so that is why they believed they went to Mexico but since Merritt has been arrested and charged with their murders they do believe all four were killed inside of their home.

As far as releasing human urine or feces that doesn't always happen every time someone dies or is murdered. Many times it doesn't occur.

Does anyone remember episode 2 of the podcast where Payne talks to his grandma's friend, Melba, who remembered that Tara said she was stopping by a former student's house on the way to the bbq that night? Dr. G thought she may have been referring to Rhett Roberts (her landlord's son) but could it have been Ryan Duke and she was remembering correctly all along?

Justice for Tara!
I see he had attended the school where she taught . I remember at one time another exstudent had been an early suspect. I'm wondering if there's a connection? Where they friends?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is why he was charged with burglary. He took her purse and keys trying to make it seem like she had ridden off with someone else. He wasn't there to do a burglary at all. IMO Those where afterthoughts after he had killed her.

Excerpt from WALBTV

Officials immediately searched her home. Very little evidence was found. Police said they found no signs of forced entry. The only things missing were her keys and purse.

Yes, I agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice for Tara!
I see he had attended the school where she taught . I remember at one time another exstudent had been an early suspect. I'm wondering if there's a connection? Where they friends?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same. Were Duke and this guy connected in any way?

YALL!!!!!! This is such a bittersweet day! I'm a ball of emotions over here!!! Talked to my GA friends and nobody knows anything more than "rumors" that can't be shared here but finally glad to see the day an arrest has been made. I hope she can finally get a proper funeral and official place to rest. So many emotions. RIP Tara, you deserved so much better. I feel confident saying justice will finally be served.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420
Back