GUILTY GA v Hannah Payne - HP allegedly murdering a man involved in a hit-and-run in 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

arielilane

Justice for Liz Barraza
Reaction score
Website
www.whokilledlizbarraza.com
CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. (Court TV) — Jury selection is set to begin Monday, December 4, for a Georgia woman accused of fatally shooting a man during a traffic dispute.

Hannah Payne, 25, faces a possible life sentence for shooting Kenneth Herring in the abdomen when she was 21.

According to investigators, at around 6 pm on May 7, 2019, the victim, 62-year-old Herring, was driving his Dodge pickup truck when he ran a red light and hit an 18-wheeler. Both vehicles were damaged, and the drivers pulled over to wait for police to arrive.

Herring’s accident was witnessed by two people who pulled over to help — the defendant, Hannah Payne, and an officer with the Georgia Department of Corrections named Terry Robinson. Robinson, who worked in the infirmary at a local prison, examined Herring and noticed that he appeared disoriented.

last updated 5:48 PM, July 7, 2023

Channel 2s Tom Jones was in the courtroom as potential jurors were questioned about the high-profile case. One panel of 15 said they hadn’t heard of the case and could be impartial. Channel 2 Action News camera followed Payne as she left the courthouse right after she rejected a plea where the state offered her life with parole.

Payne’s attorney, Matt Tucker countered with a five-year sentence. Prosecutors quickly rejected that.

December 04, 2023 at 6:02 pm EST

Channel 2s Tom Jones was in the courtroom as potential jurors were questioned about the high-profile case. One panel of 15 said they hadn’t heard of the case and could be impartial. Channel 2 Action News camera followed Payne as she left the courthouse right after she rejected a plea where the state offered her life with parole.

Payne’s attorney, Matt Tucker countered with a five-year sentence. Prosecutors quickly rejected that.

December 04, 2023 at 6:02 pm EST
Weird that this seems to be a "high profile" case, but not on the WS radar 'til now. I didn't know anything about it until yesterday.

On the plus side, are we getting full streamed coverage?

If Herring was acting irrational because he was having a severe sugar crash, he might also have become combative, through no fault of his own (another effect of a sugar crash, common in diabetics). If HP decided this was personal, actually, it had nothing to do with her. She had no business being in the situation which caused her to involve a gun.

I had a diabetic business partner get a massive sugar crash (he was out) in the middle of a presentation and become combative with medics. They really had to be pretty aggressive with him to jam glucose between his teeth. They were familiar with this effect, and didn't take it personally.

IMO when you take a Red Cross first aid course, you should also be taught to recognize situations where you should back off. That, and being made familiar with the aroma of a diabetic crash, which is very specific, and very obvious. I'll bet this could easily have been picked up on Herring.

If Herring was acting irrational because he was having a severe sugar crash, he might also have become combative, through no fault of his own (another effect of a sugar crash, common in diabetics). If HP decided this was personal, actually, it had nothing to do with her. She had no business being in the situation which caused her to involve a gun.

I had a diabetic business partner get a massive sugar crash (he was out) in the middle of a presentation and become combative with medics. They really had to be pretty aggressive with him to jam glucose between his teeth. They were familiar with this effect, and didn't take it personally.

IMO when you take a Red Cross first aid course, you should also be taught to recognize situations where you should back off. That, and being made familiar with the aroma of a diabetic crash, which is very specific, and very obvious. I'll bet this could easily have been picked up on Herring.

I agree. But I'll add that even if this was a drunk driver, HP still had no business taking the law into her own hands. We have a justice system set up for exactly this purpose. This citizens arrest nonsense is pure BS and has to go. This woman deserves a life sentence, IMO.

I agree. But I'll add that even if this was a drunk driver, HP still had no business taking the law into her own hands. We have a justice system set up for exactly this purpose. This citizens arrest nonsense is pure BS and has to go. This woman deserves a life sentence, IMO.
Yes, totally agree.

I wonder if there’s video.

WATCH LIVE: Citizen’s Arrest Turned Deadly - GA v Hannah Payne - Day One​

In 2019, Hannah Payne witnessed a hit-and-run accident. She called 911 to report the crash — but instead of following instructions from dispatchers — she allegedly followed one of the drivers involved in the crash, Kenneth Herring, and demanded he return to the scene. Payne then allegedly fatally shot the man as he sat in the driver’s seat of his car. The 25-year-old is charged with malice murder, two counts of felony murder, aggravated assault, false imprisonment, and three counts of possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back