GA - Apalachee High School shooting, 4 dead, 9 injured, Winder, Barrow County - 04 September 2024 *father and son arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said upthread, Georgia would have to get pretty creative to charge the dad here. It looks like the underlying unlawful activity to support the involuntary manslaughter charges is cruelty to children. Since cruelty to children is in play, that also supports second degree murder charges outright. It looks like the state will be claiming that the father engaged in criminal negligence that led to “cruel or excessive physical or mental pain” in children. They probably have a pretty solid case since the father was so willing to admit to all of his negligent activities.

If he spends a year in jail, he can’t lawfully own guns ever again… he’s a felon.

However Georgia managed to do it, I’m ecstatic that parental neglect and inadvertent encouragement of gun crime is not being ignored this time.

I imagine the Crumbley case was the breakthrough.

If these cases prevent another parent from dispensing guns like candy to children who are troubled, everyone will be safer.

Maybe even the troubled child can have a chance in life as he matures, without murder as a release valve for his pain.

JMO

Last edited:

This is sad i love 2 know exactly y they didn’t investigate the Discord account more even after he said it wasn’t him and just let it go
This is what I was wondering as well. If someone was able to id him as the poster, why not get a warrant for his phone? Or the chat room where the posting occurred?

This is sad i love 2 know exactly y they didn’t investigate the Discord account more even after he said it wasn’t him and just let it go
There was multiple ip addresses attached to the account, meaning he was either using a vpn, or multiple people had access to the account

Sean Keenan

Sept. 5, 2024, 3:09 p.m. ET5 hours ago
Sean Keenan
Reporting from Jackson County, Ga.
The suspect's father told the investigator that he was teaching his son about firearms and the outdoors to get him away from video games. “He knows the seriousness of weapons and what they can do, and how to use them and not use them,” the father told an investigator, according to the transcript.

We don’t have gun registration in Georgia. I don’t think there was anything inherently illegal regarding the father gifting the rifle to the son (in a vacuum). Now, with the previous interviews by LE and the father being aware that the son possibly posed a threat, and gifting the child a firearm anyway that was then used in a school shooting… I could see the argument being made that was criminally negligent, which leads to the cruelty to children charges, which then leads to the second degree murder and involuntary manslaughter charges.

JMO

So, no matter how hard we hard-working, patriotic Americans try to make a system work at the federal level - a system that protects rights, but works to prevent these mass shootings - it's undermined by many states.

The FBI did everything they possibly could to prevent this shooting, but they were deliberately knee-capped by local/state government. I say "deliberately" because I assume these people in public office are intelligent enough to know that the laws they enact and enforce are undermining the hard work of the FBI, DHS, ATF, etc. Maybe they're not that intelligent.

Anyone know why only 2 counts of 2nd degree murder right now?
There were four deaths. They’re probably charging strategically and it will shift to four counts of second degree murder or four counts of involuntary manslaughter after grand jury. Don’t want to risk losing the true bill on second degree murder and they have to rush to file new charges.

JMO

4 the son or dad
Colin Gray, 54, is being charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter, two counts of second degree murder and eight counts of cruelty to children, GBI said. The shooting suspect has been charged with four counts of felony murder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member