WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21, MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Podcast at link if anyone would like to listen

From podcast

"I went and tried to do a deep dive on who this guy is.
On all his social media accounts, there is nothing prior to meeting this young lady."

The boyfriend of a missing Florida woman who reportedly vanished in late August wrote a cryptic post last year about their relationship.

Gabrielle Petito, 22, reportedly left New York around June 17, after traveling from Florida to attend her brother’s high school graduation. Grace told Fox News that from there, Petito and her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, embarked across the country in a converted camper van, stopping at national parks Utah and Colorado along the way.

According to The Sun, Laundrie wrote in an Instagram post shared last year: “My biggest fear is that one day I’ll wake up and it will have all been a dream, because that is what every second has felt like since the moment we found each other.”

‘Till Death Do Us Part’: Boyfriend of Missing Gabrielle Petito Wrote Cryptic Post Last Year [Reports]

Schmidt has recently seen photos in the news of Brian's father performing yard work.

'If they cared about her, they would want to find her,' she said. 'Why aren't you out helping find her?'

'I don't want to seem accusatory,' she said. 'It's confusing, my mind is turning right now.'

She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their things into a storage unit. She wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

'Where are her things?' she asked.

Asked why Brian chose to lawyer up, she replied, 'You know I wish I knew that answer, why.'

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

The fiancé of Gabby Petito, who went missing on a cross-country road trip, won't speak to authorities, police say

Investigators with the North Port Police Department seized the van over the weekend, a spokesman, Josh Taylor, said.

"We showed up. We see the vehicle. We take the vehicle," Taylor told Insider. "We make an attempt to talk with Brian, and his family declined to make him available, and they gave us the information for his attorney."

"Right now we don't have a crime. We have a concern of a crime," Taylor said.

Taylor said the van "could be a key piece of evidence" in the case.

"It's her van," Taylor said of Petito. "She's not here. He is. So I think it was important for us to take that vehicle and to preserve potential evidence."

Taylor said the van would "be processed accordingly, as far as fingerprinting and other types of forensic processes."

Fiancé now person of interest in disappearance of North Port woman

“Cooperate ... we’ve got questions, maybe you’ve got the answers, maybe you don’t, but there’s only one way we can find out,” said Joe Petito on “The News with Shepard Smith.”

SEP 14, 2021
Gabby Petito’s Father, Law Enforcement Say Boyfriend Who Went On Cross Country Trip Not Speaking – CBS New York (cbslocal.com)
[...]

“You had someone who was in constant communication with their family on a pretty regular basis. Then, all of sudden, nothing. Then, all of a sudden, the person she was travelling with is back here and she’s not here. That person is unwilling to talk with us to this point. All of that is very, very concerning,” said Josh Taylor, public information officer for the North Port Police Department.

Police said the inability to speak with Laundrie is hampering the investigation. They have only been given the name of Laundrie’s attorney to ask their questions through. That attorney, Steven Bertolino, is on Long Island. He would not respond to questions about Gabby Petito’s whereabouts.

“It’s a very difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family. On behalf of the Laundrie family, I hope that Miss Petito is located and that she’s reunited with her family,” he said.

[...]

Late Tuesday afternoon, a statement was issued by Gabby Petito’s parents urging Laundrie to come forward and tell Gabby’s family where he last saw her.

“The Schmidt and Petito family are going through the worst moments of their lives. Their beautiful 22-year-old daughter is missing and the one person who can help find Gabby refuses to help. Brian Laundrie was traveling with Gabby in the Grand Teton-Yellowstone area. They were traveling together in Gabby’s 2012 Ford Transit van. This is where we believe Gabby was last seen.

“Brian is refusing to tell Gabby’s family where he last saw her. Brian is also refusing to explain why he left Gabby all alone and drove her van to Florida. These are critical questions that require immediate answers.

“The Schmidt and Petito family beg the Laundrie family to not ‘remain in the background’ but to help find who Brian referred to as the love of his life. How does Brian stay in the background when he is the one person that knows where Gabby is located?

“The Schmidt and Petito family implore Brian to come forward and at least tell us if we are looking in the right area.”

SEP 14, 2021
Authorities searching for missing 22-year-old woman last seen in SLC (ksltv.com)
[...]

Gabby Petito’s parents said the couple left Salt Lake City for Grand Teton National Park around Aug. 24, where they believe the couple spent no more than two days.

This was also around the last time Petito spoke with her mother over FaceTime.

“She seemed OK to me at the time, other than I don’t know where the relationship was going with the boyfriend,” said Schmidt of the couple possibly going through a rough patch.

[...]

“She was making her way up to Yellowstone,” Schmidt said explaining that after Aug. 24 her communication with Petito grew sporadic and happened only via text.

“The last text I got from her was on Aug. 30. I don’t know if that was her texting me or not,” Schmidt said.

Then Petito stopped responding all together. Schmidt said she initially figured the couple had lost internet reception but late last week, her mother knew something was off.

[...]

SEP 14, 2021
Father pleads with Americans to help find missing daughter: 'Please, please keep an eye out' | Fox News
[...]

Joe Petito has also not been in touch with Laundrie.

"I’ve been instructed not to, and the family has been instructed not to."

[...]

"I have no comment on Brian," he said. "I’m only here to talk about Gabby."

While remaining hopeful that his daughter is only lost or hurt, Petito again pleaded with viewers to commit her image to memory and stay on the lookout.

"She needs us, and she needs everyone that's watching this. So, everyone – I'm talking to you. Just please be on the lookout, and I'm begging you. Please, please keep an eye out."

[...]

SEP 14, 2021
Missing Gabby Petito's family calls out fiancé, demands Laundrie reveal where he last saw her | Fox News
The family of missing New York woman Gabby Petito issued a scathing statement Tuesday night calling on her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, to tell them where he last saw her in Wyoming.

[...]

He drove her van back to Florida without her, hired a lawyer and has not publicly explained why. A search effort is underway in Wyoming which he is not taking part in.

[...]

"Brian is refusing to tell Gabby’s family where he last saw her," the family alleged in a joint statement. "Brian is also refusing to explain why he left Gabby all alone and drove her van to Florida. These are critical questions that require immediate answers."

[...]

"The Schmidt and Petito family implore Brian to come forward and at least tell us if we are looking in the right area," the statement concluded.

[...]

"On behalf of the Laundrie family, it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is reunited with her family," Bertolino said. "On the advice of counsel, the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment."

Petito’s family statement urged Laundrie to do the opposite.

[...]

"The Schmidt and Petito family beg the Laundrie family to not ‘remain in the background’ but to help find who Brian referred to as the love of his life," they said. "How does Brian stay in the background when he is the one person that knows where Gabby is located?"

[...]

SEP 14, 2021
Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online
[...]

Gabby's mother Nicole Schmidt told DailyMail.com in an exclusive interview that on September 10 she reached out to Brian and his mother Roberta Laundrie trying to reach her daughter after she had not heard from Gabby since August 25.

'I texted Brian's mom that I was trying to get in touch with Gabby. I also texted Brian. I got no replies,' Schmidt said.

'I knew something was wrong,' she said. 'I felt something was off and I needed to get her reported missing immediately.'

She went to report Gabby missing later that day but police initially blew her off. The next day, she was allowed to file a report with the Suffolk County police department.

[...]

Schmidt said Brian's sister Cassie is the only member of Brian's family who has spoken to authorities.

She said she can't understand why neither Brian nor his parents have reached out to her in the aftermath of her daughter's disappearance.

[...]

Schmidt described how Brian's parents had been warm and welcoming to Gabby during their relationship. She recalled a time when his mother even knitted her future daughter-in-law gifts for Christmas.

'She loved her like a daughter,' Schmidt said. 'As far as I knew they were all very caring and treated her like one of the family. His mom was so excited about the engagement.'

[...]

Schmidt has recently seen photos in the news of Brian's father performing yard work.

'If they cared about her, they would want to find her,' she said. 'Why aren't you out helping find her?'

[...]

She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their things into a storage unit. She wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

'Where are her things?' she asked.

[...]

'And I supported her on all of that, even every once and a while when she needed help moneywise and stuff, because it was a really expensive trip. I helped her out a little bit here and there. So did her father. But they were having a great time.'

Schmidt said the last time she spoke over the phone with her daughter was on August 25 - and cast suspicion on the texts received from her adventure-seeking daughter over the next five days.

She said she texted Gabby on August 27 and 30, but now says she isn't sure if her daughter was on the other end of the exchange because it wasn't verbal and she didn't share any photos of herself.

[...]

Schmidt said Gabby would contact her at least three times a week. 'We would FaceTime, call, text, frequently. She kept me updated on this whole trip... The first couple of days [she went missing], I believe she was in a place with no service. It was day 8 and 9 that I really became concerned and figured she couldn't be off the grid for that long.'

She added: 'I don't know if I believe she's in danger for a particular reason, I just believe she's in danger because she's not in touch with us and she could be alone somewhere, she could be stranded somewhere in the wilderness.

[...]

Brian Entin on Twitter
NEW:@NewsNationNow has confirmed the Moab City, Utah Police Dept. responded to an incident involving Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito on August 12th. Neither Laundrie or Petito were the reporting party. Police say there was insufficient evidence to justify criminal charges.
7:10 PM · Sep 14, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brian Entin on Twitter
We need the full police report to understand -- and are being told we can get it during normal business hours. Hopefully tomorrow.
7:14 PM · Sep 14, 2021·Twitter Web App

6 minute video w/Ashley Banfield & Gabby's father

Brian Entin on Twitter
Here is the latest we know on the Gabby Petito disappearance -- and a new interview with her father. We just confirmed an incident between the couple police in Utah were called to on August 12th. I've been outside Brian Laundrie's house all night in Florida - no movement.

YouTube:

Last edited:

Police have a lot of questions for Laundrie, but he is reportedly not cooperating. Instead, he and his family have hired a lawyer, who said his advice is for Laundrie to stay in the background while the search goes on for Gabby.

“Officers responded to an incident involving Brian Laundrie and Gabrielle Petitio on August 12, but they weren’t the reporting party,” the Moab sheriff shared in a statement. “Officers conducted an investigation and determined that insufficient evidence existed to justify criminal charges.”

“It’s heart wrenching because you want to believe that everything is good,” father Joseph Petito said.

“The police need cooperation. They need information,” Kolko said. “These two are traveling together. He comes back from this trip. She’s not with him. First thing he does is hire a lawyer, obviously, this is very suspicious.”

Police confirm the van she and her fiancé traveled in made it back to the neighborhood they lived in.

“Right now, technically, we’re not even sure we have a crime,” said Joshua Taylor, public information officer for the City of North Port. “What we have is a missing person.”

“I would say that he’s a person of interest at this point,” Taylor explained. “Again, just because we need to talk to him. We need to rule that out or move forward.”

“They will look for surveillance video at the places they went, and at some point, it’s going to go from two people on surveillance video to just one,” Kolko said. “And that’s going to be a critical point of interest for the police.”

“It is our understanding that there is a search either at the moment, or commencing shortly out in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming,” Bertolino shared in a statement. “And on behalf of the Laundrie family, it is our hope that Ms. Petito is located, and that she’s reunited with her family.”

“We want to find her,” Jospeh Petito said. “We want to find her safe, and we want to bring her home.”
Fiancé now person of interest in disappearance of North Port woman

Fiancé of missing woman shared chilling post before she vanished on trip

Father of Gabby Petito speaks out on daughter's disappearance

Last edited:
SEP 14, 2021
Search for Gabby Petito: Family grows more desperate for answers in search for missing North Port woman | WFLA
[...]

For Petito and Gabby’s stepmom Tara, it is an agonizing wait of more than three weeks since he last had a FaceTime call with his only daughter on Aug. 21 while she was in Utah.

“No red flags that popped out,” Mr. Petito said of that call. “I’m trying to wrap my brain, Monday morning quarterback it, you know what I mean, still nothing is popping in my head.”

[...]

“I don’t know about you but their child is home,” Mr. Petito said. “My child is somewhere in the continental United States with no phone, no car. It’s not as hard on them as it is on us.”

Mr. Petito was reacting to the statement issued Tuesday by the attorney for the boyfriend’s family.

[...]

“To me in my head right now, her phone’s dead, broke, lost taken whatever,” he said. “She’s wandering the woods and can’t find her bearing. Happens all the time and that’s what I’m going with until I’m told otherwise.”

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members