Gary R. (Tow Truck Driver) Interview Only - 7/24/08

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I assumed that was the S.O.P. for towing companies...inventory the contents of the vehicle so that people don't claim they had a million dollars in the glovebox, so to speak. Two signatures on the inventory report.

Is that not true? If it is S.O.P. why wasn't it done in this case with KC's vehicle?

A few months back, I contacted some local towing companies in my area of Florida. If they tow a car left abandoned in a parking lot, or on the roadside they just tow it to the tow-yard and run the plate to look for the owner. They do not go into the car to take an inventory of the contents of the car.

If the car is seized by police and the same towing company picks up the car and brought to the police tow-yard, then the police take inventory of the car's contents.

If a car is being repossessed and the same towing company tows the car to the designated tow-yard for the bank, then the bank's tow-yard takes an inventory of the contents within the car.

Thanks, Patty G.

Naturally, that car got towed under the one scenario that wouldn't require inventory of contents. What kind of bad luck is that? <<sigh>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahgoodnight
Back