Gas Cans discovered by George Key date - June 24, 2008 ***REVISITED ***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

George's story about the 24th and the gas cans

• He did find them in Casey's car, and nothing was wrong.

Votes: 39 9.1%
  • He did not go into the truck, and made it up to help Casey..

Votes: 68 15.9%
  • He made it up to protect Casey and himself.

Votes: 98 23.0%
  • I have no idea. This family cannot keep dates and stories straight.

Votes: 222 52.0%

• Total voters
Let's think about a duffel bag. George could have possibly gotten a glimpse of an exposed body in the trunk. Not necessarily if it was a bag of some sort. She really didn't want him near her trunk. I do think Caylee was in the trunk at that time.

I think if there was a dead body in the trunk that day George would not be saying the things he is saying today. I think there definately was a body in that trunk, but it was put in that trunk shortly before the abandonment IMO.

It was quite warm that day ( the 24th) so as gross as this sounds, the car would have already been stinking.

http://raws.wrh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/ro...year1=2008&unit=0&hour1=9&time=LOCAL&stn=KCOF

I dunno.. men aren't that bright LOL - Kidding!! . If you ask a guy what he watched on TV last night - he may possibly just respond "The game". If you ask more specifically what game he would probably respond "Dallas and Chicago". I know my bf doesn't know the name of half the shows we watch. He knows which ones he likes and doesn't like, ( ie: NG is that "loud lady show with lawyers" and CSI is "that dumb crime show" ) but he doesn't refer to them by name.

I agree with everything you said including MEN ARE NOT THAT BRIGHT!...lol My husband is the same way, he doesn't remember the names of the shows he watches. I don't fault GE for this either. I'm sure it may have been a cooking show but he probably doesn't remember the name of it.

I think she was in the trunk, in a duffel bag when she stumbled upon GA as well. Here is why:

1. we know she wasn't staying at home, so where else would she have been able to put Caylee aside from the only thing/place she had - the trunk?
2. she was stealing gas and had not yet had a chance to steal AH money and checks - so she's flat broke right now.
3. she can't get far enough away to dump the body until she has enough gas, again because of lack of stolen funds.
4. she did not want dad near the trunk, why? because even though the body was concealed in the duffel bag the smell had begun - remember this is around the time she starts to talk about the squirrels.
5. she starts the squirrel story to circumvent anyone asking her first about the smell.
6. she was startled to find him home as he stated his car was in the garage. so she wasn't worried about having anyone come out to the car if no one was home.

what do y'all think?

I think she was in the trunk, in a duffel bag when she stumbled upon GA as well. Here is why:

1. we know she wasn't staying at home, so where else would she have been able to put Caylee aside from the only thing/place she had - the trunk?
2. she was stealing gas and had not yet had a chance to steal AH money and checks - so she's flat broke right now.
3. she can't get far enough away to dump the body until she has enough gas, again because of lack of stolen funds.
4. she did not want dad near the trunk, why? because even though the body was concealed in the duffel bag the smell had begun - remember this is around the time she starts to talk about the squirrels.
5. she starts the squirrel story to circumvent anyone asking her first about the smell.
6. she was startled to find him home as he stated his car was in the garage. so she wasn't worried about having anyone come out to the car if no one was home.

what do y'all think?

Sure sounds convincing, doesn't it? I have thought so many different scenarios and this one keeps coming back to me. Especially after hearing how Casey didn't want George in the trunk. If it was just the smell she didn't want him finding out about, she could have given the same "squirrel" story she gave to everyone else.

what do y'all think?

By George, I think you've got it!!! Plus if she told him the squirrel story he would want to clean the car up right away....better to just swear at him and close the trunk!

I can't remember....did he tell CA at the time that this happened? I thought she was under the impression that KC was away?

what do y'all think?

I think you are right on the money.

Bolded by me.

There was something in that trunk that day, I'm almost convinced. George said she didn't know he was home because his car was in the garage and he startled her as she walked in.

She was pist that he wanted in her trunk. She grabbed the cans and slammed the trunk real fast. She was hiding something. No doubt.

OK....I found KC calls from 6-24....she talked to GA twice, if she thought he wasn't @ home, why didn't she leave when she saw his car??

Also brings up another question....Why wasn't GA working that day ?? (6-24 a Tues.)

6/24 - CA calls GA 11:20 am for 6 mins
CA calls GA 14:48 for 35 seconds
CA calls Cindy 14:49:08; 14:49:31; 14:49:47; 14:50:11 rough 2 min call
Cindy Calls CA 15:15:18 for 5 minutes
CA calls Cindy 17:25:28 for 10 minutes
Anthony home calls CA 19:05:06 4 seconds
CA call Anthony home 19:06:10 12 minutes

Lots of calls between them on 6/24

(KC is refered to as CA here.....not to be confused w/Cindy)

OK....I found KC calls from 6-24....she talked to GA twice, if she thought he wasn't @ home, why didn't she leave when she saw his car??
Also brings up another question....Why wasn't GA working that day ?? (6-24 a Tues.)

he said his car was in the garage and i am guessing she came in through the front door. i remember him saying he reported the cans missing the morning of the day she showed up and thrust them into his hands. i **think** he said it was sometime around 2:30pm when she actually came and then didn't he chase her in his car? could they have been calling back and forth on their cell's or were those landline numbers for GA? (I apologize i haven't gone over all the phone logs) as to the later calls I figure ga and cindy were discussing the events that had transpired between him and KC. the last calls were maybe KC smoothing things over with the parents after everyone had calmed down? all total speculation on my part.

Interesting. In his interview with LE, George states that he reported that the gas cans were missing at around 10 am and that the "guy" showed up to make a report about 20 minutes later.

He also said that he had to meet CA at the Bank of America that day and that he got home at around 2:30pm. So, when she called him at 2:48 pm he was home...Question is, did he tell her that? They only spoke for about 35 seconds. She immediately called CA right after that. (Almost like she's checking to see if they're home or not.) She speaks to CA for about 2 minutes and its possible that CA tells her that GA has made the report in that phone call.

he said his car was in the garage and i am guessing she came in through the front door. i remember him saying he reported the cans missing the morning of the day she showed up and thrust them into his hands. i **think** he said it was sometime around 2:30pm when she actually came and then didn't he chase her in his car? could they have been calling back and forth on their cell's or were those landline numbers for GA? (I apologize i haven't gone over all the phone logs) as to the later calls I figure ga and cindy were discussing the events that had transpired between him and KC. the last calls were maybe KC smoothing things over with the parents after everyone had calmed down? all total speculation on my part.

The family doesn't use the front door much, I recall GA saying he heard the garage door open. (they then use inside door to enter house) thats when he headed to the (inside) door to me her.

the phone log says KC called GA twice the last time @ 248pm for 35 sec.

The car chase was not this same day, as KC took Cindy's car (Cindy was @ work the 24th).

Interesting. In his interview with LE, George states that he reported that the gas cans were missing at around 10 am and that the "guy" showed up to make a report about 20 minutes later.

He also said that he had to meet CA at the Bank of America that day and that he got home at around 2:30pm. So, when she called him at 2:48 pm he was home...Question is, did he tell her that? They only spoke for about 35 seconds. She immediately called CA right after that. (Almost like she's checking to see if they're home or not.) She speaks to CA for about 2 minutes and its possible that CA tells her that GA has made the report in that phone call.

yep. on the report......wonder why GA didn't mention this to her in the 1130AM call ??

If he was telling her he wasn't home, why not leave when she sees his car in the garage ???

Keep in mind the habits are to enter the house thru the garage door.

The family doesn't use the front door much, I recall GA saying he heard the garage door open. (they then use inside door to enter house) thats when he headed to the (inside) door to me her.

The car chase was not this same day, as KC took Cindy's car (Cindy was @ work the 24th).

The day KC took CA's car and GA chased her - how did she get there, didn't CA see her (she told everyone she hadn't seen either KC or Caylee for 31 days) and what happened when she returned with the car and how did she get to AL's or wherever she was staying that night? This part is very fuzzy....

The day KC took CA's car and GA chased her - how did she get there, didn't CA see her (she told everyone she hadn't seen either KC or Caylee for 31 days) and what happened when she returned with the car and how did she get to AL's or wherever she was staying that night? This part is very fuzzy....

Lots of questions! I'm curious about all this too! Unfortunately, we don't know the answers yet... :confused:

ahh, i see, ty. my mind is spinning with so many details.

Lots of questions! I'm curious about all this too! Unfortunately, we don't know the answers yet... :confused:

It's no wonder this case is taking so long for LE to put together....so many things to sort and absolutely no cooperations from the A's...:mad:

LOL......all questions I would like answers to, so far we don't even know the date of the car chase.

Cindy might not have seen KC but we do know she talked to her.

It almost sounds to me like George did a little stake out himself. Trying to catch Casey coming to the house while they're gone. Would he have stayed home from work that day and made Casey think he was working? I think he would. He's former LE.. I really think so.

He was sure that his presence there startled her. That's a weird thing to be looking for.

what do y'all think?

I agree with you.. I think little Caylee was already in the trunk that day.. and thats why KC broke her neck trying to keep GA out of the trunk.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylvanianvicious
Back