Gas Cans discovered by George Key date - June 24, 2008 ***REVISITED ***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

George's story about the 24th and the gas cans

• He did find them in Casey's car, and nothing was wrong.

Votes: 39 9.1%
  • He did not go into the truck, and made it up to help Casey..

Votes: 68 15.9%
  • He made it up to protect Casey and himself.

Votes: 98 23.0%
  • I have no idea. This family cannot keep dates and stories straight.

Votes: 222 52.0%

• Total voters
It almost sounds to me like George did a little stake out himself. Trying to catch Casey coming to the house while they're gone. Would he have stayed home from work that day and made Casey think he was working? I think he would. He's former LE.. I really think so.

He was sure that his presence there startled her. That's a weird thing to be looking for.

I thought about that too.....

Just can't see GA taking time off work, just to catch KC........He didn't chase her the day of the cans.

Don't they have a keypad on the garage door ?? Why not change the PIN on it if they don't want her sneaking in ??

Everytime I hear George's interview I feel sad for him..He knows that Caylee is dead. He knows that Casey did it. I do not believe that George is doing anything to really cover up, he is just saying what he is comfortable saying, and hoping that law enforcement will sink or swim without him..I cannot even imagine having to hand over my son for a possible death sentence even if he hurt someone else I loved. I guess for George, his granddaughter is dead, how much more can they stand to lose? I thought it was cut and dry until I listened to him and I looked long and hard at how I feel about my son...hmm.Not that easy

It is incredibly hard to think of the pain so many are feeling ,especially George & Cindy & their parents. I wish sociopaths had enough of a conscience that they didn't inflict such horrors without a care. However this ends there will be great sorrow for those who love little Caylee :(:mad:

I thought about that too.....

Just can't see GA taking time off work, just to catch KC........He didn't chase her the day of the cans.

Don't they have a keypad on the garage door ?? Why not change the PIN on it if they don't want her sneaking in ??

Does anyone know when GA started his new job as a security guard? The one he talks to LE about in his interview? (I'm getting confused now!) :confused:

Does anyone know when GA started his new job as a security guard? The one he talks to LE about in his interview? (I'm getting confused now!) :confused:

LOL...that's another question......somewhere I read he works 3-11, Sun-Thurs
that's why I questioned taht he wasn't working the 24th....early on I thought it was stated he had just started a job.

Everytime you think you've answered one question on this 2/3 more pop up from it.

I think she was in the trunk, in a duffel bag when she stumbled upon GA as well. Here is why:

1. we know she wasn't staying at home, so where else would she have been able to put Caylee aside from the only thing/place she had - the trunk?
2. she was stealing gas and had not yet had a chance to steal AH money and checks - so she's flat broke right now.
3. she can't get far enough away to dump the body until she has enough gas, again because of lack of stolen funds.
4. she did not want dad near the trunk, why? because even though the body was concealed in the duffel bag the smell had begun - remember this is around the time she starts to talk about the squirrels.
5. she starts the squirrel story to circumvent anyone asking her first about the smell.
6. she was startled to find him home as he stated his car was in the garage. so she wasn't worried about having anyone come out to the car if no one was home.

what do y'all think?

Excellent, txanmom! :thumb:

LOL...that's another question......somewhere I read he works 3-11, Sun-Thurs
that's why I questioned taht he wasn't working the 24th....early on I thought it was stated he had just started a job.

Everytime you think you've answered one question on this 2/3 more pop up from it.
Right. In his interview with LE he states that in his new job as a security guard he works Sunday to Thursday from 3-11pm. He has Friday and Saturday off. I'm just trying to sort out when he started that job so that we can figure out what his job and hours were prior to that. Does anyone know???

*I think* George and Cindy were suspicious from the very beginning when the found the gate open, ladder moved and yard dug up. After getting the run around for a week or so it sounds to me like they knew Casey was sneaking back in the house after they left and George set her up. Probably took a day off or went in late just to catch her, have 'cop instincts' -- I think Casey realized dad was suspecting her after the gas can incident and the next day George must have been watching her again when he caught her 'leaving the house' in Cindy's car and chased her down the 408 -- and I think this is when Casey realized that she might have led dad to where Caylee was and decided she had to move her. It was only a few days before the 27th that she told Amy the car stunk.

Amy's interview says it was the 27th that she ran out of gas and there was the dead animal thing.

*I think* George and Cindy were suspicious from the very beginning when the found the gate open, ladder moved and yard dug up. After getting the run around for a week or so it sounds to me like they knew Casey was sneaking back in the house after they left and George set her up. Probably took a day off or went in late just to catch her, have 'cop instincts' -- I think Casey realized dad was suspecting her after the gas can incident and the next day George must have been watching her again when he caught her 'leaving the house' in Cindy's car and chased her down the 408 -- and I think this is when Casey realized that she might have led dad to where Caylee was and decided she had to move her. It was only a few days before the 27th that she told Amy the car stunk.

Isn't it strange (what in this saga ain't), no one speaks of this incident but GA? Not saying the chase didn't happen, only that Cindy denies it & Lee appears to know nothing of it.......

It's also another time LE appears not to follow up with more questions like , when, how KC got home, if she drove the white car, and how they got Cindy's car back ??

One poster thought with GA days off & Cindys car @ home that the chase prolly happened on a Sat. also.

Do we know the date of GA interview ?? Sounded like he hadn't got the 'toll tag' bill yet.....if the chase was in June, seems like he would had his bill, if the chase was in July, bill might not have come in yet ??

Isn't it strange (what in this saga ain't), no one speaks of this incident but GA? Not saying the chase didn't happen, only that Cindy denies it & Lee appears to know nothing of it.......

It's also another time LE appears not to follow up with more questions like , when, how KC got home, if she drove the white car, and how they got Cindy's car back ??

One poster thought with GA days off & Cindys car @ home that the chase prolly happened on a Sat. also.

Do we know the date of GA interview ?? Sounded like he hadn't got the 'toll tag' bill yet.....if the chase was in June, seems like he would had his bill, if the chase was in July, bill might not have come in yet ??

I think probably the only reason George mentioned it was he knew they would get the easy pass records -- the day of the bond hearing when the reporters found the record for the gas cans Cindy looked right in the camera and said they never made no police report -- George stood there and said nothing. They did not want to discuss that stuff for a reason

I think probably the only reason George mentioned it was he knew they would get the easy pass records -- the day of the bond hearing when the reporters found the record for the gas cans Cindy looked right in the camera and said they never made no police report -- George stood there and said nothing. They did not want to discuss that stuff for a reason
These people are unbelievable! :furious:

Yep, 'miss-truths' seem to run in the family.....

another thought I had......How did KC get the keys to Cindy's car to leave in it ??

OK....I found KC calls from 6-24....she talked to GA twice, if she thought he wasn't @ home, why didn't she leave when she saw his car??

Also brings up another question....Why wasn't GA working that day ?? (6-24 a Tues.)

6/24 - CA calls GA 11:20 am for 6 mins
CA calls GA 14:48 for 35 seconds
CA calls Cindy 14:49:08; 14:49:31; 14:49:47; 14:50:11 rough 2 min call
Cindy Calls CA 15:15:18 for 5 minutes
CA calls Cindy 17:25:28 for 10 minutes
Anthony home calls CA 19:05:06 4 seconds
CA call Anthony home 19:06:10 12 minutes

Lots of calls between them on 6/24

(KC is refered to as CA here.....not to be confused w/Cindy)

As the calls are stated above, where was her phone pinged from at these times? If she calls mom from the house phone and mom calls the house phone right back, she must not have had her cell with her! Does that mean that she WAS smart enough to leave it somewhere or turn it off??? This could change the scope of a lot of things! How often did she use land lines? That could use looking at!!

IMO George’s got some explaining to do… I do think that Casey carried Caylee around in the trunk for days and he had to have smelled the cadaver or seen the body.

Here is how I came to this conclusion…

JUNE 18th: Casey’s flurry of phone calls - Note the time—she calls to make sure no one is home:
12:33 to home
12:34 to mom’s cell
12:35 to home
12:36 to dad’s cell
1:09 to mom’s cell
1:11 to home
1:30 to 2:30pm Casey borrow shovel from Anthony’s neighbor. He notes car backed into the garage (unusual occurrence).
2:30-2:45pm Casey returns the shovel to the neighbor.

Some key things here:
Let’s first look at the typical June weather in Florida: hottest and very humid especially bad between 1:30-2:30PM. Ask any Floridian - no one can’t stand being outside to do hard physical labor during those hours.
Casey is a petite-size girl who is a socially outgoing “party girl” She is not experienced with gardening nor with any hard labor.
Time necessary to bury a person: you would need more than one hour to complete this task. Ask any gardener and they will tell you that more than one hour is needed to dig a hole large enough to bury a small person. Casey knows her family does a lot of yard work so she needed to dig deep enough or her family might find the body.

My theory: I think Casey was carrying Caylee in the trunk that day; thus reason to back the vehicle into the garage; brought Caylee into a hidden backyard spot (sandbox; cadaver dogs hit on that). She began digging but soon realized that the job was not easy as she thought requiring more time and she did not have enough time. So she returned the shovel and placed Caylee back in the trunk to come up with alternate plan or to return at a different time. She did not have another place to hide Caylee so she drove around with the baby in the trunk for days June 18-26th

Sometime along those dates, gas cans are stolen from the Anthony’s shed. Casey’s boyfriend Tony drives her to the Anthony home in his car. Now why was that? Was her car smelling a little off at this point therefore she came up with some excuse to have Tony give her a ride? Was Tony part of a “Casey plan” to be there to lookout for her (getting him involved involuntarily)??? Was Casey afraid to go home in her own vehicle and run risk of running into a confrontation with her parents who would ask where is Caylee and why do you need gas cans? Was she afraid to let them go in the vehicle and have them open the car/trunk??? WHY??

After the gas cans were stolen, I think Casey drove around looking for possible spots to torch the vehicle. Everywhere she looked the swampy areas are just too much to handle for a “girly” girl like Casey. If these are areas that even Texasequusearch had to give up, how can a girly girl like Casey walk deep in the woods full of mosquitoes, swampy alligators, etc to hide a body? This is not something she can do on her own. Also for this plan to work she would need a ride back from the desolate areas she is looking around (who is she going to trust to provide her one?). The clock is ticking... but is is possible that she she knows at this point that since Tony and Amy are going to be travelling that she can work something out by driving Tony’s or Amy’s car to a hidden remote spot, then ride back using public transportation or something.

June 24th 10am Tuesday: Shed at Anthony family home found having been broken into, 2 gas cans stolen by unknown thief. George makes a police report.

Later (around noon) Casey visited Anthony home. Casey tells George “it’s too bad what happened in the shed”. George wanted to get something out of the trunk of her car that he was going to use to do some work on another car. Now here is where GA gets inconsistent, he told LE he did not look in the trunk, but he told Greta and other news sources he did?

2:40pm Casey posting things on Facebook: "hell, in the past 9 days, i haven’t even been living at the house. DRAMMMMMA."

June 25th: Phone calls between Amy and Casey: Casey tells her of a horrible smell in her car and she couldn't figure out what it was. Smell got worse “as the days progressed.” Casey thinks maybe her dad ran something over with the car when he borrowed it and that it smells like something died in her car. Casey also mentioned the engine as being the source of the smell.

My theory: Bits and pieces of the truth? Did GA not just find the gas cans but also the body of little Caylee hidden in the trunk? Did Casey take off and GA pursue her in a chase at that point? I think he did and was able to get Casey to come back and responded to the situation with his experience as a previous LE person and also one with little time to act at this point. He could have given Caylee “proper burial” perhaps in a spot deep enough in the backyard then seal the area with something on top (reports of concrete or new pavers in home July 4th? Reports of new shed as well?)

Late evening June 26th to early on the 27th: Car abandoned at Amscot. Purse in clear view on the front seat; the child seat was still in the backseat.

My theory: Women do not live purses behind! Only a guy would think of something like that as a set up. Abandon vehicle at an Amscot store, of all possible places who picked a check cashing place? So lets think here… a thief would likely see the purse, inside a vehicle that is parked at an Amscot. Thief assumes there is cash in there and either break into the vehicle leaving fingerprints or steal the car. Also positioning the vehicle next to a dumpster? Was the vehicle positioned there so that the garbage collector would see the purse? Or was it done to confuse LE to look for Caylee body in the city’s landfill? This had potential to confuse the crime scene. I think that this is something that George Anthony probably thought of - leave car next to a dumpster to confuse LE as to the whereabouts of the body and the rest are all afterthoughts (hey leave the bag open; next to an Amscot).

Early in July (date is dependant on Anthony's to clarify): First Notice of Registered Letter arrives but the Anthony's miss it. According to the them they miss the notice because the mailman “left it at the front door” and they walk in thru the garage door.

My theory: mailman never ever leaves those “pick up notes” at anyone’s door. Mail that is actual letters and official USPS notices are to be left only in a USPS approved mailbox container. As a matter of fact this is a postal regulation that ALL mail must be left at a USPS approved mailbox. Packages however can be left at the door if the mailman himself thinks it is ok. But not letters nor USPS official notices.

I think GA actually got the notice, realized car was impounded but needed to buy more time here (perhaps worried about the smell; Cindy finding out and freaking out, perhaps to buy pavers/shed for the back??).

July 15th- with all the incidents that went on that day it is interesting to note that George is not involved in locating Casey, bringing her home etc… According to some reports he disappears and is not answering his cellphone yet he does call Lee to the rescue? Or supposedly “he is sent to work” by Cindy. What father does that after all the things that went on that day? Someone who knows what has happened and is trying to maintain his cool? Or does he know that Cindy is most definitely going to become hysterical and does not want to deal with that? How can he know that?

Thank you for letting me share this super long post :rolleyes:

I may be a minority here, but I don't subscribe to the theory that she kept Caylee's body in the trunk for longer than 24 hours. The child was either killed or died accidentally some time on June 16th. KC probably backed into the garage the first time with the body in the trunk, took the body out and laid it in the back yard for some reason, possibly to try to bury it, couldn't bury it or thought better of it, then put the body back into the trunk, drove off to a swampy area and got rid it. The second and third times she backed into the garage, in my theory, she was trying to clean the already overwhelming smell out of the trunk. It never worked.

IMO George’s got some explaining to do… I do think that Casey carried Caylee around in the trunk for days and he had to have smelled the cadaver or seen the body.

Here is how I came to this conclusion…

JUNE 18th: Casey’s flurry of phone calls - Note the time—she calls to make sure no one is home:
12:33 to home
12:34 to mom’s cell
12:35 to home
12:36 to dad’s cell
1:09 to mom’s cell
1:11 to home
1:30 to 2:30pm Casey borrow shovel from Anthony’s neighbor. He notes car backed into the garage (unusual occurrence).
2:30-2:45pm Casey returns the shovel to the neighbor.

Some key things here:
Let’s first look at the typical June weather in Florida: hottest and very humid especially bad between 1:30-2:30PM. Ask any Floridian - no one can’t stand being outside to do hard physical labor during those hours.
Casey is a petite-size girl who is a socially outgoing “party girl” She is not experienced with gardening nor with any hard labor.
Time necessary to bury a person: you would need more than one hour to complete this task. Ask any gardener and they will tell you that more than one hour is needed to dig a hole large enough to bury a small person. Casey knows her family does a lot of yard work so she needed to dig deep enough or her family might find the body.

My theory: I think Casey was carrying Caylee in the trunk that day; thus reason to back the vehicle into the garage; brought Caylee into a hidden backyard spot (sandbox; cadaver dogs hit on that). She began digging but soon realized that the job was not easy as she thought requiring more time and she did not have enough time. So she returned the shovel and placed Caylee back in the trunk to come up with alternate plan or to return at a different time. She did not have another place to hide Caylee so she drove around with the baby in the trunk for days June 18-26th

Sometime along those dates, gas cans are stolen from the Anthony’s shed. Casey’s boyfriend Tony drives her to the Anthony home in his car. Now why was that? Was her car smelling a little off at this point therefore she came up with some excuse to have Tony give her a ride? Was Tony part of a “Casey plan” to be there to lookout for her (getting him involved involuntarily)??? Was Casey afraid to go home in her own vehicle and run risk of running into a confrontation with her parents who would ask where is Caylee and why do you need gas cans? Was she afraid to let them go in the vehicle and have them open the car/trunk??? WHY??

After the gas cans were stolen, I think Casey drove around looking for possible spots to torch the vehicle. Everywhere she looked the swampy areas are just too much to handle for a “girly” girl like Casey. If these are areas that even Texasequusearch had to give up, how can a girly girl like Casey walk deep in the woods full of mosquitoes, swampy alligators, etc to hide a body? This is not something she can do on her own. Also for this plan to work she would need a ride back from the desolate areas she is looking around (who is she going to trust to provide her one?). The clock is ticking... but is is possible that she she knows at this point that since Tony and Amy are going to be travelling that she can work something out by driving Tony’s or Amy’s car to a hidden remote spot, then ride back using public transportation or something.

June 24th 10am Tuesday: Shed at Anthony family home found having been broken into, 2 gas cans stolen by unknown thief. George makes a police report.

Later (around noon) Casey visited Anthony home. Casey tells George “it’s too bad what happened in the shed”. George wanted to get something out of the trunk of her car that he was going to use to do some work on another car. Now here is where GA gets inconsistent, he told LE he did not look in the trunk, but he told Greta and other news sources he did?

2:40pm Casey posting things on Facebook: "hell, in the past 9 days, i haven’t even been living at the house. DRAMMMMMA."

June 25th: Phone calls between Amy and Casey: Casey tells her of a horrible smell in her car and she couldn't figure out what it was. Smell got worse “as the days progressed.” Casey thinks maybe her dad ran something over with the car when he borrowed it and that it smells like something died in her car. Casey also mentioned the engine as being the source of the smell.

My theory: Bits and pieces of the truth? Did GA not just find the gas cans but also the body of little Caylee hidden in the trunk? Did Casey take off and GA pursue her in a chase at that point? I think he did and was able to get Casey to come back and responded to the situation with his experience as a previous LE person and also one with little time to act at this point. He could have given Caylee “proper burial” perhaps in a spot deep enough in the backyard then seal the area with something on top (reports of concrete or new pavers in home July 4th? Reports of new shed as well?)

Late evening June 26th to early on the 27th: Car abandoned at Amscot. Purse in clear view on the front seat; the child seat was still in the backseat.

My theory: Women do not live purses behind! Only a guy would think of something like that as a set up. Abandon vehicle at an Amscot store, of all possible places who picked a check cashing place? So lets think here… a thief would likely see the purse, inside a vehicle that is parked at an Amscot. Thief assumes there is cash in there and either break into the vehicle leaving fingerprints or steal the car. Also positioning the vehicle next to a dumpster? Was the vehicle positioned there so that the garbage collector would see the purse? Or was it done to confuse LE to look for Caylee body in the city’s landfill? This had potential to confuse the crime scene. I think that this is something that George Anthony probably thought of - leave car next to a dumpster to confuse LE as to the whereabouts of the body and the rest are all afterthoughts (hey leave the bag open; next to an Amscot).

Early in July (date is dependant on Anthony's to clarify): First Notice of Registered Letter arrives but the Anthony's miss it. According to the them they miss the notice because the mailman “left it at the front door” and they walk in thru the garage door.

My theory: mailman never ever leaves those “pick up notes” at anyone’s door. Mail that is actual letters and official USPS notices are to be left only in a USPS approved mailbox container. As a matter of fact this is a postal regulation that ALL mail must be left at a USPS approved mailbox. Packages however can be left at the door if the mailman himself thinks it is ok. But not letters nor USPS official notices.

I think GA actually got the notice, realized car was impounded but needed to buy more time here (perhaps worried about the smell; Cindy finding out and freaking out, perhaps to buy pavers/shed for the back??).

July 15th- with all the incidents that went on that day it is interesting to note that George is not involved in locating Casey, bringing her home etc… According to some reports he disappears and is not answering his cellphone yet he does call Lee to the rescue? Or supposedly “he is sent to work” by Cindy. What father does that after all the things that went on that day? Someone who knows what has happened and is trying to maintain his cool? Or does he know that Cindy is most definitely going to become hysterical and does not want to deal with that? How can he know that?

Thank you for letting me share this super long post :rolleyes:
WOW! youve really outdone yourself . great post.

Hi all this is my first post.

i have a question and comment for everyone.

June 24th george needed to get into the trunk of caseys car for a tire wedge so he could rotate the tires on his car, right?

my question/comment is: aren't tire wedges those ramp looking things you drive up one so you can crawl under the car?

if so you can't take off tires using a tire wedge.

A tire wedge is something you put behind, or in front of the wheels of the vehicle to prevent it from rolling. George never did say if he got those wedges, did he?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justicefornicky
Back