Gas Cans discovered by George Key date - June 24, 2008 ***REVISITED ***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

George's story about the 24th and the gas cans

• He did find them in Casey's car, and nothing was wrong.

Votes: 39 9.1%
  • He did not go into the truck, and made it up to help Casey..

Votes: 68 15.9%
  • He made it up to protect Casey and himself.

Votes: 98 23.0%
  • I have no idea. This family cannot keep dates and stories straight.

Votes: 222 52.0%

• Total voters
(Snipped)

Speaking of Kronk, I know I read somewhere a while back that KC was seen at some point in time with Kronk and another person. Does anyone know about this, and where I can find it?

Thanks! :)

(Snip Respect cloud9) :)

Dear Goodness!:eek: Yes. Does anyone know about this! Wow cloud...that would be crazy if true. Thank you for bringing this up. Wow. Wish I knew where to find this!

RE: Gas cans...Cindy says Casey/Caylee were in Tampa and Casey came home to get the insurance for Zanny's accident on the day George told her he saw Casey and got the cans back. This info is posted in the solely Cindy/George threads. (To keep my post OT and to give a FYI)

...jmo...

GA claimed he knew KC had a habit of running out of gas. KC did tell a story that GA was or had taken the car to the dealership to have the gas gauge replaced/repaired. KC did tell many that GA ran over a squirrel, hence the "odor". The car had blown tire issues. By the way, were replacement receipts found for these tires?

Instead, KC leaves the car at Amscot "hoping" it would get stolen. Perhaps KC left it at Amscot so that whomever attempted to steal the car would leave finger prints.

When GA/CA arrived to retrieve the car, IIRC CA had an argument about the charges and how much it was costing and having to pay cash. I believe GA intentionally brought notice of the car to tow yard operator, part of the coverup story. He brings the gas cans not really sure the car is out of gas.

Other posters have brought up the fact that CA drove by Amscot daily IIRC. But she never "saw" it???? I think both GA/CA knew the car was there.

The gas cans were wiped clean, no prints. Their gas can story is all part of their coverup story for me. I would be interested in knowing if KC's car had this gas gauge issue PRIOR to June 08 and was anyone outside the family with her when it happened? Do any of her acquaintances remember this happening?

(Snip Respect cloud9) :)

Dear Goodness!:eek: Yes. Does anyone know about this! Wow cloud...that would be crazy if true. Thank you for bringing this up. Wow. Wish I knew where to find this!

RE: Gas cans...Cindy says Casey/Caylee were in Tampa and Casey came home to get the insurance for Zanny's accident on the day George told her he saw Casey and got the cans back. This info is posted in the solely Cindy/George threads. (To keep my post OT and to give a FYI)

...jmo...

I wish we knew too! It was several months ago and I could KICK myself for not posting here at WS, or at least save it in my computer! :banghead:
I've typed it in so many ways on Google, Myspace, etc. If/when I find it, I'll post it here ASAP! :)

(Respectfully Snipped Back) :) butwhatif?

Ahhh. Okay so George did show up at the lot with gas cans...I had heard he forgot money, cans...

Okay. So...they get the letter and either just George or George and Cindy go to the tow yard. George gives a story like he is alone...then with Cindy. He brings gas cans because he (knows?) that is why the car is at the tow yard? Because it ran out of gas...or because he is assuming? Did he have to go back for money?

Where is it that Cindy did not behave well at the tow yard...why do I think that? Also does anyone know what I am talking about when I say I have the impression that Casey's purse was left in the car...on the dashboard?

butwhatif...please tell what ya know! :blowkiss:

UPDATE: The information about Casey's purse being left in the car is from an FBI interview that has not been transcribed yet. I am working on that and will post that when I can but for now I believe the info about the purse to be correct. (for anyone following behind...like me!...I love when you all leave info...thanks.)

...jmo...

You're right Ca was not in the best of moods at tyhe towyard, and Ga was very apologetic about it to the tow yard guy. Its in SB's statement.

HE MADE EVERYTHING UP TO HELP KC AND HIMSELF.
So where were his own fingerprints? not even on his shed.....hmmmm?
con me once, con me twice GA you are done.....:loser:
No fingerprints....CLEANED UP....hmmmm?

I certainly think it is quite possible that GA cleaned up fingerprints on the gas can, shed, etc. I wouldn't put anything beyond possible with this bunch!

But, I want to share something I learned from serving on a Grand Jury for six months (today was my last day). An ADA told us a couple of times that fingerprints in humid climates (I live in one) are often hard to recover. Humid air, dewy mornings, etc. make fingerprints (that aren't smeared in some way) very hard to recover. He told us of a big case 10-12 years ago here, a triple murder in a convenience store on a holiday weekend, where only three partial prints were able to be lifted at the scene.

Today we had a carjacking case. The car was recovered very quickly yet there were no fingerprints recoveable. He proposed that our humid air is likely to be the reason.

I would presume that Orlando is pretty humid, too?

IMO, George knew exactly who had broken into his shed by the placement of the lock. His explanation to LE was lame at best. So, why fill out a report? I can't help feel that there is something else, something I'm missing.
Besides brain cells...

IMO, George knew exactly who had broken into his shed by the placement of the lock. His explanation to LE was lame at best. So, why fill out a report? I can't help feel that there is something else, something I'm missing.
Besides brain cells...

What's missing is the link between intuition and fact: It is intuitive to believe that George created the story and reported the theft to LE as a means for future alibi. It is not fact, however. This intuitive thought then implies a knowledge of, and culpability in, the death and disposal of his granddaughter. Hard to make this leap given what what we have....unless you're LE. Since I'm not, I can only speculate with a broad brush as to why and can prove nothing.

This whole gas can incident has been botheing me form the beginning. Another part of this that makes me question George's gas can incident story is the fact that Casey didn't talk to Cindy before, I believe, 2:40 in the afternoon. Casey wasn't told about the gas cans by Cindy, at least not before she went home that afternoon. George say's that Casey brought up the gas can's being stolen, and she knew because Cindy had told her about it that morning. I have no idea if this has anything to do with the incident, but usually lies are told for a reason, I'd love to know what that reason is in this case.

This whole gas can incident has been botheing me form the beginning. Another part of this that makes me question George's gas can incident story is the fact that Casey didn't talk to Cindy before, I believe, 2:40 in the afternoon. Casey wasn't told about the gas cans by Cindy, at least not before she went home that afternoon. George say's that Casey brought up the gas can's being stolen, and she knew because Cindy had told her about it that morning. I have no idea if this has anything to do with the incident, but usually lies are told for a reason, I'd love to know what that reason is in this case.

Casey called Cindy at work (Gentiva) at 11:20 am June 24, if you believe one set of AT&T records. This would have been the perfect opportunity for Cindy to tell Casey about the gas cans. (If you believe another set of records, she called an unknown person at Lexus at that time. We are hashing out that issue on another thread....)

Casey called Cindy at work (Gentiva) at 11:20 am June 24, if you believe one set of AT&T records. This would have been the perfect opportunity for Cindy to tell Casey about the gas cans. (If you believe another set of records, she called an unknown person at Lexus at that time. We are hashing out that issue on another thread....)
Thanks AZ, I shouldn't have jumped on that one so fast. So, she may have talked to Cindy.

I certainly think it is quite possible that GA cleaned up fingerprints on the gas can, shed, etc. I wouldn't put anything beyond possible with this bunch!

But, I want to share something I learned from serving on a Grand Jury for six months (today was my last day). An ADA told us a couple of times that fingerprints in humid climates (I live in one) are often hard to recover. Humid air, dewy mornings, etc. make fingerprints (that aren't smeared in some way) very hard to recover. He told us of a big case 10-12 years ago here, a triple murder in a convenience store on a holiday weekend, where only three partial prints were able to be lifted at the scene.

Today we had a carjacking case. The car was recovered very quickly yet there were no fingerprints recoveable. He proposed that our humid air is likely to be the reason.

I would presume that Orlando is pretty humid, too?

Very interesting, Thank you.
I wonder however since GA used his OWN things more often then a thief of a car, if that would make a difference because Gas prints should be all over that gas tank/shed.
Another words if you have a small water leak it may not mean any thing but water dripping on a rock for years will create a dent.

GA claimed he knew KC had a habit of running out of gas. KC did tell a story that GA was or had taken the car to the dealership to have the gas gauge replaced/repaired. KC did tell many that GA ran over a squirrel, hence the "odor". The car had blown tire issues. By the way, were replacement receipts found for these tires?

Instead, KC leaves the car at Amscot "hoping" it would get stolen. Perhaps KC left it at Amscot so that whomever attempted to steal the car would leave finger prints.

When GA/CA arrived to retrieve the car, IIRC CA had an argument about the charges and how much it was costing and having to pay cash. I believe GA intentionally brought notice of the car to tow yard operator, part of the coverup story. He brings the gas cans not really sure the car is out of gas.

Other posters have brought up the fact that CA drove by Amscot daily IIRC. But she never "saw" it???? I think both GA/CA knew the car was there.

The gas cans were wiped clean, no prints. Their gas can story is all part of their coverup story for me. I would be interested in knowing if KC's car had this gas gauge issue PRIOR to June 08 and was anyone outside the family with her when it happened? Do any of her acquaintances remember this happening?

BOLD and REd BY ME
Did George EVER mention that he took the car, at any time, to get repaired? I don't remember reading anything about that. And since it came from Casey, chances are it is yet another LIE.:eek:

IMO GA seems to keep all his family's cars running well. And if at any time Casey said something was wrong with the car she drove I would believe George would have gotten it fixed ASAP and moreso since Caylee would have been a passenger in that vehicle.

Maybe in the life of this vehicle it may have had a gas guage issue(hence a basis for Casey's lie), but we know now, according to tests done on the car by forensics, that the gas guage in the Pontiac was working properly.

Getting out my hair-splitting tool after seeing Intermezzo bumping CZ's post...

Just found it impossible to resist commenting on a few points, FWIW.

*Liberally snipping from this point forward*

GA claimed he knew KC had a habit of running out of gas.
Well...:waitasec: by the any statements we hear are being made we know the gas can drama happened on 6/24. So there actually is a basis for that claim IYKWIM. I don't remember when George made that claim...just playing Mr. Obvious here.

KC did tell a story that GA was or had taken the car to the dealership to have the gas gauge replaced/repaired. KC did tell many that GA ran over a squirrel, hence the "odor".
Conveniently, Casey has a built-in polygraph indicator, IYKWIM. Lips moving? :yes: Deception indicator = :yes:

The car had blown tire issues. By the way, were replacement receipts found for these tires?
There were verifiable witnesses to the blown tire incident in May...Ricardo & Troy, IIRC. Although I don't recall reading their account of it (yet), Amy did include it in her statement when she commented about paying the towtruck driver and never seein' that money again ($80 IIRC). IIRC, during Amy's interview LE is interested in establishing who Casey's 'go to' friends are when she's in distress. IIRC, this paying the towtruck driver was the time Amy went to Hopespring and Casey was napping, although my memory's pretty foggy on it.

This is the main comment in the post that calls me to litter the forum with more of my drivel. :bang: The "hoping it would get stolen" mantra just seems to live on. Spent time detailing how we can reasonably prove that Casey really did run outta gas @ Amscot 6/27. It wasn't a ploy. It wasn't a clever plan - and I hafta admit I agreed w/ other WS's speculation it was early on. Details on the reasonable proof provided here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3556390&postcount=220"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Pontiac - "Revisted"[/ame]

Also, FWIW, another WS's highlighted that the bag found with the car wasn't actually a purse. It was something more like a CD case, IIRC.

Actually, IIRC, Cindy was the one that spouted off about the expense to the office staff @ the towyard.

Amcsot is on the corner of an intersection where it is reasonable to assume Cindy might've traveled to/from work - although there are other routes she could've taken too. We just don't know. We do know that Amscot is on what would be the far northeast corner, IOW, opposite side of the intersection, from what would've been Cindy's route. Add to it that the Pontiac was parked a little further back from the intersection, and, back by dumpster too. It wouldn't have been in plain view like one might think, IMHO...esp. Amscot not being on the south or west side of the intersection.

The gas cans were wiped clean, no prints. Their gas can story is all part of their coverup story for me.
Being "wiped clean" is speculation, IMHO. IOW...not finding prints isn't equivalent or indicative of an item having been "wiped clean".

Also, FWIW, consider if the gas can story were part of a cover-up...wouldn't it be so much more effective IF:
(1) it DIDN'T paint Casey as being defensive 'bout George wanting to get in the trunk?!? I mean George offered that angle up of his own volition,

...and, further wouldn't it be tremendously more effective IF

(2) it DID paint George as not only going to the trunk, but, thoroughly going THROUGH AN EMPTY, (except for a couple of gas cans), trunk?!?

I'll admit, when I first heard that George reported 2 gas cans stolen my instinct was that he must've been creating an independent piece of evidence for some reason. I was soooooo there. However, as time has passed and more information has been released...it just doesn't seem to add up that way.

I would be interested in knowing if KC's car had this gas gauge issue PRIOR to June 08 and was anyone outside the family with her when it happened? Do any of her acquaintances remember this happening?
Seems kinda irrelevant since LE proved it was working, IMHO.

I can't resist pointing out Casey's victim-status bleeding through even in her text to Amy on 6/27, :laugh:"... my stupid car runs out of gas..." So...the car was stupid, eh? :rolleyes: Yeh, apparently the '90's model Pontiacs didn't come equipped with that auto-gas-refill feature :doh:

Hope you don't feel picked on CZ :blowkiss:. I'm just bein' opportunistic about addressing some key points. IMRHO where R=ramblin'. :bang:

Getting out my hair-splitting tool after seeing Intermezzo bumping CZ's post...

Just found it impossible to resist commenting on a few points, FWIW.

*Liberally snipping from this point forward*

Well...:waitasec: by the time we hear about anything we know the gas can drama happened on 6/24. So there actually is a basis for that claim IYKWIM. I don't remember when George made that claim...just playing Mr. Obvious here.

Conveniently, Casey has a built-in polygraph indicator, IYKWIM. Lips moving? :yes: Deception indicator = :yes:

There were easily verifiable witnesses to the blown tire incident in May...Ricardo & Troy, IIRC. Although I don't recall reading their account of it, Amy did include it in her statement when she commented about paying the towtruck driver. IIRC, this was the time Amy went to Hopespring and Casey was napping.

This is the main comment in the post that calls me to litter the forum with more of my drivel. :bang: The "hoping it would get stolen" mantra just seems to live on. Spent time detailing how we can reasonably prove that Casey really did run outta gas @ Amscot 6/27. It wasn't a ploy. It wasn't a clever plan - and I hafta admit I agreed w/ other WS's speculation it was early on. Details on the reasonable proof provided here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Pontiac - "Revisted"

Also, FWIW, other WS's have also highlighted that the bag found with the car wasn't actually a purse. It was something more like a CD case, IIRC.

. Actually, IIRC, Cindy was the one that spouted off about the expense to the office staff @ the towyard.

Being "wiped clean" is speculation, IMHO. IOW...not finding prints isn't equivalent or indicative of an item having been "wiped clean".

Also, FWIW, consider if the gas can story were part of a cover-up...wouldn't it be so much more effective IF (1) it DIDN'T paint Casey as being defensive 'bout George wanting to get in the trunk?!? I mean George offered that angle up of his own volition, and, further wouldn't it be tremendously more effective IF (2) it DID paint George as having not only going to the trunk, but, thoroughly going THROUGH AN EMPTY, but for a couple of gas cans, trunk?!?

I'll admit, when I first heard that George reported 2 gas cans stolen my first instinct was that he must've been motivated to create an independent piece of evidence for some reason...I was soooooo there. However, as time has passed and more information has been released...I just can't get there from here.

Seems kinda irrelevant since LE proved it was working, IMHO.

I can't resist pointing out Casey's victim-status bleeding through even in her text to Amy on 6/27, :laugh:"... my stupid car runs out of gas..." So...the car was stupid, eh? :rolleyes: Yeh, apparently the '90's model Pontiacs didn't come equipped with that auto-gas-refill feature :doh:

Hope you don't feel picked on CZ :blowkiss:. I'm just bein' opportunistic about addressing some key points. IMRHO where R=ramblin'. :bang:

Bond your posts make me :) :woohoo::dance::bow::applause::biggrin:

I toast to you :toast:

I remember George stating to the detectives during an interview that he asked KC for the gas cans, she said that she would get them. He made a point of saying that she was in her bedroom, and that he was standing in the kitchen, nearer to her car in the driveway.

He yelled to KC to forget it, that he could get the cans himself. He then stated that KC came running past him, pushing him out of the way, being really nasty to him. She ran to the trunk, opened it just enough to get the cans out, and said something snotty to him, indicating that he felt that she did not want him to see inside of the trunk.

I don't know if he was standing close enough to smell anything, or not, but it is possible that Caley was only recently deceased, and therefore no odor, or the gas cans were over-riding the decomp smell.

George did make a point of stating that KC was really agitated at him for 'nagging' her to get the cans, when in fact, he said that he told her he would do it, and she could stay in her room. It is obvious that KC was hiding 'something' in that trunk!

Hello WS ;)

Statement to LE
Lee Anthony
July 29, 2008

LE: ...talking to mom and dad the date of the gas can incident, tell me about the gas can incident first.
LA: Sure
LE: ...at your parents house.
LA: Uh, and this has been, I've just been able to piece this together from hearing from my father and mother and through, and from Tony um, Lazaro. Was about a week prior to the time when the sunfire ran out of gas at the Amscot, about a week prior to that uhm, my sister had run out of gas close to home. Called Tony to come get her. Tony brought my sister per her request to my, my parents house. He stayed, my sister asked him to stay in his vehicle while she goes inside to get uh, gas cans. Uhm, so he explained it as her being inside for at least, you know, what would probably be ten or fifteen minutes. Enough time for a few songs to play on the radio.
LE: So Tony took her to your house, to your mom's house in his jeep?
LA: I have no idea what, what vehicle.
LE: And you don't know how they got there?
LA: No
LE: But they just got there to get some gas?
LA: Exactly. Uhm, so Casey you know, they'er...emerge with her, with the, with the gas cans. But uh, when I heard about the gas can story from uhm, my father was that he said that someone had, because we have these little padlocks on our sheds in the back uhm, typically we don't even keep them locked. Uhm, someone had broken into the shed, taken the gas cans out and uhm, he was pretty sure it was Casey. And then it was able, we were able later to find out that it absolutely was. Tony said that Casey did indeed get the gas cans. He didn't know that she had stolen them.(chuckles)
LE: Yeah
LA: And uhm, Casey uhm, I guess had admitted to my father uhm, during a, a, a brief uh, stint when she had just popped in at the house, when she gave the gas cans back.
LE: Let me, let me ratchet that down.
LA: Uh-hum
LE: The second time then that your dad was home and hears rooting around in the house? Not on the 20th, the day you know, not that Friday before or thereabout that she ran out of gas?
LA: Uh-hum
LE: A week before the Amscot on the 27th?
LA: Somewhere in between.
LE: Somewhere in between the, okay.
LA: Somewhere between the 20th and the 27th.
LE: Somewhere uh...
LA: And again, the 20th is an appropriate date when she would have run out of gas.
(skip)
LE: ...text messages some friends that says, "What are the odds that I run out of gas two Fridays in a row?"
LA: Humm, there you go.(laughs)
LE: So she, she, that's in Amy's...
LA: There you go.(laughs)
LE: ...text messaging.
LA: There you go.(laughs)
(skip)
LA: But uhm, but yeah sometime in between that time it was uh, uhm conveyed by my father that my sister had shown up to uh, get a change of clothes. Uhm, he was already at home like at a break from work or something like that. He heard the garage door open, Casey comes in, hey dad, I'm here to get a change of clothes and goes to leave outside the house. My dad follows her outside the house to try to say you know, we haven't seen you, you know, what's going on? Is everything okay, blah, blah, blah and uhm, it was at that time when uhm, my sister was going to throw you know, the change of clothes that she had just gotten, she was going to put them in the trunk and you know, my father, he had a motive. He knew that the gas cans were in the trunk.(laughs)So uhm, she kind of returned them forcefully, by saying, "here are your f-ing gas cans" and, and you know.
LE: Let me, let me ask you something about that. and I'll ask dad, or if you get a change to talk to dad about that. did dad actually see the cans in the trunk, or did she grab them and then(inaudible).
LA: She grabbed them from the trunk, gave them to my fa...and again, forcefully gave them to my father. But like I said the reason why I know it was between that time was the gas cans went missing uh, approximately that time on the 20th. Uhm, the car was towed at Amscot on the 27th. So for her to have those gas cans in the vehicle and able to get, provide them back to my father, it had to happen within that week.
LE: I'm curious when you're talking to dad, while you guys were working on a time line if dad got close enough to the car to see if there was any, was Tony in the car at that time? She was...
LA: Uhm...
LE: ...or was she by herself?
LA: ...that was never conveyed, it was, it was conveyed that...
LE: I'm curious if...
LA: ...she was, that Caylee was not with her. That no one else was with her.
LE: And...
LA: But any other details have not been conveyed to me.
LE: And I would ask for your note sheet was there any, did he get close enough to determine if there was any smell in the car at that time from the squirrels?
LA: I'm, I'm pretty sure he would have mentioned it at this point.
LE: Okay
LA: Huh
LE: Well...
LA: I'm, I'm, I would think that he would have...
LE: I'm...
LA: ...brought that up already.(laughs)
LE: He may have not, yeah, he may have not gotten close enough.
LA: That, that's true.
LE: That's what I'm...
LA: That's true.
LE: That's why I'm saying did he...
LA: He'll, he'll be able to answer that more accurately.
LE: If she intends to run over there real quick, knowing he was going to get those cans and grab them and then went to him, to keep him away from the car...
LA: Right
LE: ...that, I'm just trying to...
LA: Maybe
LE: ...explore that option as well.
LA: Maybe I...
LE: That, that possibility.
(paraphrase: LA says GA can answer that better)

This next portion makes it seem like George knew at the time that Casey's car had broken down at Amscot and that he was aware that it was Tony who had come to the "rescue", of course that was after she had tried to have Jesse help. This event seems to lead to the day where Tony goes to George and Cindy's to get the gas cans with Casey. And I was surprised to find out that Casey called GEORGE that day to help her when she ran out of gas? The same day she ended up taking Tony to her house to get the gas cans? Am I seeing this right WS? Really, I'm asking...

Statement to LE
George Anthony
July 24, 2008

GA: If its true or not, I guess Casey called me up when her vehicle broke down. She ran out of gas for the umpteenth number of times...
LE: Right
GA: ...over there at Goldenrod and...
LE: 50?
GA: 50, at the Amscot. The first person she called supposedly, I don't know, I don't, I, I'm just going by what I've been told by a couple of friends that she mentioned(inaudible)that Jesse said.
GA: "Oh, she reached out and I talked to her for "X" amount of minutes." Okay, and what'd you guys talk about? "Well, she needed my help and I'm on the other side of town. And I know she was on that side." How did you know she was on this side, on our side, on the east side?
LE: Uh-hum
GA: "Well I just figured she was" I said, don't make assumptions on somebody. She could be right next door to you pal.(Can someone explain why George is so upset here?)
GA: And that's a different issue. But I found this Tony, I guess she ended up calling him right away and (snaps fingers) he beat feet where he's at somewhere, where ever he lives. I don't care(inaudible).(Creepy alert!)
LE: Well we do, but go ahead.
GA: You know I guess he's right there for the rescue.(Fully Creepy) I guess at no time(inaudible) well where's Caylee at? You know, what's going on? And when you start to worrying about this is like I know that last time I saw my daughter after I apologize for this time thing.

...jmo...

Hello WS ;)

Statement to LE
George Anthony
July 24, 2008

GA: If its true or not, I guess Casey called me up when her vehicle broke down. She ran out of gas for the umpteenth number of times...
LE: Right
GA: ...over there at Goldenrod and...
LE: 50?
GA: 50, at the Amscot. The first person she called supposedly, I don't know, I don't, I, I'm just going by what I've been told by a couple of friends that she mentioned(inaudible)that Jesse said.
GA: "Oh, she reached out and I talked to her for "X" amount of minutes." Okay, and what'd you guys talk about? "Well, she needed my help and I'm on the other side of town. And I know she was on that side." How did you know she was on this side, on our side, on the east side?
GA: "Well I just figured she was" I said, don't make assumptions on somebody. She could be right next door to you pal.(Can someone explain why George is so upset here?)

...jmo...
Respectfully snipped. IDK, but it was weird (the part where George tells LE that he told Jesse to not "assume" anything, Casey could be "right next door" ? WTH ?). It's like he was trying to sound all big and bad for LE, while putting Jesse down for "assuming" something. Like that's the crime of the century ! Here's the little guy I need...:banghead:

[Snipped]

Nobody took the bait and the car got towed three days later and supposedly the letter was at the front door for two weeks before it was noticed, that has always bothered me: your mail carrier usually knows where to put your mail-I think George hid the first notice and there was another notice that came or a phone call on July15th and this time Cindy found out about the car and was like "we have to go get her car." Depending on the interview George tells the story of getting the car from the yard like Cindy was not there but with interviews put together I have heard that she did not act so well and George had to apologize to the guy. I think she was there on July15th but not on June27th and that is the difference in his stories.

It was not mail at the front door, but a notice to pick up a registered letter. It would have been better for the mailman to leave the notice in the mailbox, but he didn't. A lot of people don't use their front doors, but rather go in and out through the garage. I can see why the certified letter notice wasn't found right away.

When he is at the part where he is talking about driving around and it was raining...I have always had the impression he was driving that car more than just from the tow yard home by the way he tells it-"when I was driving around I told my wife...I don't know how I can drive it home" wasn't Cindy with him at the tow yard? And if you are "driving it around" why wouldn't you be able to "make it home" how are you telling her this? On the cell phone in the car as you are "driving around" taking the car from A to B...and you don't think you can make it home?

Most tow yards have an office where you pay to retrieve your car and the cars are kept in the back, usually locked within a chainlinked fence. I believe when GA said he drove around and told CA... he meant that he drove around to the front of the tow yard and that is when he spoke to Cindy about the smell and trash bag with pizza, etc.

Oh hit me with another wet noodle. :crazy: I haven't visited this thread in a month I guess. I am just now reading these since I posted back on 6.19.

Anyway, I agree with ya BJB. When I wrote that I hadn't gone back into the docs. But since then I have been reading and re-reading. And as usual, I have altered my thinking on the gas can incident.

Still not married to any particular theory on them but like this case, it evolves ever so slowly to the evidence released and will again evolve when new doc dumps are made. :)

Thanks for the food for thoughts you gave me ......... off to read more later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chefk
Back