GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that. I saw the CM headline about a "slip up" but the link was going to a later article so i'd been wondering what it had been.

"Did you kill..." "Sorry"

how Freudian :facepalm:

Hi Neuromancer, I cant seem to find that fruedian "Sorry" slip up bit.
Can you copy that to here?
Sorry, I must be a "little bit thick"
Too much gerrymander stuff yesterday.

Sorry, but who talks like this (BBM)?

Seriously.....talk about putting on a front. That's not natural speech.....it's like something out of a Bronte novel :facepalm:

And if he really does speak like this in real life - my god, no wonder she had to think about it. Please!!

Just by reading his stilted words I can tell he's emotionally disconnected!!:banghead:

IKR?

What about "we were working together to make that a reality after the infidelity I had in the past"

*shakes head*

Alright I am finally caught up!

I found GBC to be unbelievable on the stand. If I didn't despise him so much I would feel major second-hand embarrassment. What was the point of blathering on and on about their travels in such tedious detail? Whoever said its like being at a travel slide show without the slides was spot on.

I can imagine having an every day conversation with him would result in him finding every opportunity to slip in something about his travels. 'Oh yum GM this sandwich is so good'. 'You think that's good GG? Well when I was living in London - have I ever told you about that? - the Earl of Sandwich made me one! I had such a top notch job while we there, Allison didn't though'.

Oh I can always rely on one of you lovely WS to make me ROFL:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Hi Neuromancer, I cant seem to find that fruedian "Sorry" slip up bit.
Can you copy that to here?
Sorry, I must be a "little bit thick"
Too much gerrymander stuff yesterday.

“Sorry, it would have been coming up to our 15th,’’ he corrected, cutting off his defence barrister, Michael Byrne QC.

Mr Byrne was already in the middle of his next question, which happened to be his biggest: “Mr Baden-Clay, did you kill … ?’’

So Byrne said “Mr Baden-Clay, did you kill … ?’’ and he cut in with “Sorry, it would have been coming up to our 15th,’’

Well when I was living in London - have I ever told you about that? - the Earl of Sandwich made me one! I had such a top notch job while we there, Allison didn't though'.

LOL that pretty much sums up the whole day

Sorry if this has already been asked & answered but if GBC is found not guilty and the reasoning is that ABC could have committed suicide, does the insurance policy still pay out? If it doesn't then I'm surprised he'd go with this line of defense seeing as money was most probably his main motive.

There was gold among the gravel in yesterdays babblefest by Gerard... he inadvertently exposed his motivation.. In his promotion of Gerard as New Age Guy Supermark 2 , he explains that he was only appeasing Toni.. July 1st was a number picked out of the air to calm her down, he didn't love her, told her rubbish to keep her quiet, he wasn't about to leave Alison, all this treacly stuff...

When it comes time for sentencing, after the verdict of guilty , this is a huge aggravating factor.. that Alison was, without doubt, murdered for the insurance payout.. out of Gerards own mouth, he didn't do it out of passion for poor old Toni..

I reckon he will drop gold at least once an hour ... and this while he is being lead by his defence lawyer.. come the time when he is under the pump from the prosecutor, the rate will lift to about 10 nuggets per 10 minutes.. ..

IKR?

What about "we were working together to make that a reality after the infidelity I had in the past"

*shakes head*

It's worth adding that in sociolinguistics, it's recognised that people slip into the passive voice when lying or trying to conceal something.

eg "I broke it" (active - the agent "I" is identified)
vs
"it got broken" (passive - no agent)

He was trying to lose weight too. Maybe he was injecting what Allison was? What's the obvious thing that comes to mind if we think bodybuilders?

Thing is: If Al was injecting wouldn't she have puncture marks on her body? If the did have serontin syndrome ( and managed a 14km walk and a bizarre rapid onset that suddenly killed her...) her body would of gone into hyperthermia. Surely her kidneys would show some sort of damage right?

She was suffering a cold (according to hairdresser) at the time. Do we know if she was taking any over the counter meds?

When it comes time for sentencing, after the verdict of guilty , this is a huge aggravating factor.. that Alison was, without doubt, murdered for the insurance payout.. out of Gerards own mouth, he didn't do it out of passion for poor old Toni..

Oh good point, Trooper

Sorry if this has already been asked & answered but if GBC is found not guilty and the reasoning is that ABC could have committed suicide, does the insurance policy still pay out? If it doesn't then I'm surprised he'd go with this line of defense seeing as money was most probably his main motive.

the insurance policy is already paid out, it is being held in trust by the Govt Trustee.. and accruing interest.

it is down to a matter of who is entitled to it, once the trial is finished and a verdict given.. Gerard's skinny beady eyes are lasered in on it, in his deluded belief that he can persuade a jury to find him Mr Mop and Glow, house husband extraordinary and all round victim of circumstances..

Thing is: If Al was injecting wouldn't she have puncture marks on her body? If the did have serontin syndrome ( and managed a 14km walk and a bizarre rapid onset that suddenly killed her...) her body would of gone into hyperthermia. Surely her kidneys would show some sort of damage right?

She was suffering a cold (according to hairdresser) at the time. Do we know if she was taking any over the counter meds?

There were no other drugs found on autopsy analysis - only therapeutic levels of sertraline (Zoloft) and a low level of alcohol (which would have been increased by decomposition as well)

It's worth adding that in sociolinguistics, it's recognised that people slip into the passive voice when lying or trying to conceal something.

eg "I broke it" (active - the agent "I" is identified)
vs
"it got broken" (passive - no agent)

"The infidelity" Own it GBC! Call it for what it was "My infidelity"

Exactly, Doc. Highly improbable, almost unbelievable. But then why would Gerard have chosen a Scout location of all places? Why somewhere that Allison's body might never have been found if he needed that insurance money? What I'm saying is ... NOTHING MAKES SENSE HERE.

Gerard isn't the first man to have affairs, to run into financial trouble, to be unhappy in his marriage, to be a complete and utter areshole protected by an understanding family. The murder part needs to be considered on its own merits (wrong word). It needs to be considered on its own. I am putting myself in the spot of the jury member here and thinking, okay, what if anything is possible? If he killed her, then how? Strangulation? No evidence. Blow to the head? No evidence. Suicide? Also, no evidence (except for the elevated Sertraline levels)

I'm just saying ... he's going to get off. After everything we've all debated and deconstructed and analysed and laughed over and cried over, he's going to get off. That's how I see things right now. I need to sleep.

The only possible scenario that has ever made sense to me in terms of intellect and planning ability is that Gerard "lost it" and strangled her, then panicked, rang NBC who decided to take Allison to KC as he thought it would be deserted and she wouldn't be found. NBC at that time was trying to limit damage and save the family name. I don't think GBC was thinking of the insurance at that time but later realised he could cash in.

<modsnip> To most of us this may happen occasionally and is a an oversight or minor glitch, we put more funds in or go and get cash. However if you are near bankrupt, know that you owe $2,500 just in minimum payment on the card (???!!) this would really bring it home to him that it was near the end. Also this was in the shopping centre where he was president of the Chamber of Commerce. Being in this sort of financial situation is extremely stressful. It could have all got too much, maybe he realised Allison's payment for her hairdo used up the last bit of money on the card.

Just another point isn't an insurance policy not paid out in cases of suicide? So if they push that view they may get him out of jail but no insurance money.

<modsnip>

I was married to someone with a personality like GBC and when I brought up major, major issues he would always laugh them off say it was nothing, there was nothing to discuss, try and use his charm to deflect the argument. On one occasion I was so annoyed I have to confess I flew at him and scratched him. So I could envisage this happening.

Sorry for this long post. Thank you all for your support over the years, great opinions and witty comments. I couldn't have got through the last few days without all our virtual support group.

Exactly, Doc. Highly improbable, almost unbelievable. But then why would Gerard have chosen a Scout location of all places? Why somewhere that Allison's body might never have been found if he needed that insurance money? What I'm saying is ... NOTHING MAKES SENSE HERE.

Gerard isn't the first man to have affairs, to run into financial trouble, to be unhappy in his marriage, to be a complete and utter areshole protected by an understanding family. The murder part needs to be considered on its own merits (wrong word). It needs to be considered on its own. I am putting myself in the spot of the jury member here and thinking, okay, what if anything is possible? If he killed her, then how? Strangulation? No evidence. Blow to the head? No evidence. Suicide? Also, no evidence (except for the elevated Sertraline levels)

I'm just saying ... he's going to get off. After everything we've all debated and deconstructed and analysed and laughed over and cried over, he's going to get off. That's how I see things right now. I need to sleep.
IMO he was very familiar with that area and would have known that kayakers went in those creeks when the water level was high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06