GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If GBC is guilty and expecting to be found so then his and his family's and his bank balance's best bet is to cause a mistrial and improve his Act#II...

I'd rather log off than contribute to HELPING GBC achieve that end.

I don't know what game is being played here. Is it just more shabbiness, or rat cunning???

If GBC is guilty and expecting to be found so then his and his family's and his bank balance's best bet is to cause a mistrial and improve his Act#II...

With my knowledge of the court process being very very limited.
I cannot see how it could throw the trial.
I assume he is registered to practice in his profession.
Is still working.
Considered an expert in his field.
Has not been found guilty of the crime
My question is who selected him and why? Given how easy it is to look someone up on the internet these days.

I certainly didn't mean to put the cat amongst the pigeons with my initial post. I apologise if I have upset some.

I honestly don't think this could cause a mistrial or assist GBC in any way but there are more learned people on here who will be better judges of that.

If I get the all-clear I have photos of both Michael Robertsons' if anyone wants to see?

Marly does The Rose Petal Murder have a thread on here anywhere?

Hi All,

Long time lurker (many years) and first time poster.

I must first open by congratulating and thanking all of you for your thoughtful, caring, learned and often funny posts. You all really sound and act like a caring community. I have laughed and cried along with all of you but have chosen to stay anonymous until now.

I've never written on any forum in my life but thought I had to after reading about the Forensic Toxicologist (Dr. Michael Robertson) who testified on behalf of the defence yesterday. please see link (article) below.

'Killer links Aussie lover'
http://www.news.com.au/national/killer-links-aussie-lover/story-e6frfkp9-1225777012294

I'm not suggesting or implying anything untoward in his testimony and agree with most sentiments that it didn't help the defence in any way. I just though of all the toxicologists in Australia they could've chosen a reputable one without a history.

Again thank you all for the past few years in relation to this case.

Thanks,
SwiftSleuth

Hi SS

Thanks for the link to the article, it is very interesting indeed! Not really a back story that the defence needs.

Hillsdon

I certainly didn't mean to put the cat amongst the pigeons with my initial post. I apologise if I have upset some.

I honestly don't think this could cause a mistrial or assist GBC in any way but there are more learned people on here who will be better judges of that.

If I get the all-clear I have photos of both Michael Robertsons' if anyone wants to see?

:loveyou:Dont be silly, youre brilliant.....the trial is safe and sound...what you found isn't secret...:loveyou:

That case was on the Crime Bio Channel about 8 months ago. Very interesting.

Welcome SwiftSleuth. I really don't think you've upset anyone. This Michael Robertson has some interesting history but he's never been charged with anything in relation to that case, suspicious though it is. It will not effect the trial at all. It would be akin to finding out that GBC had herpes or worse. it doesn't effect the trial at all.

Sorry if this already been asked, but does anyone know if the Judge and Legal Teams discussion commencing at 10am tomorrow is open to the Public?

I posted about this last night. The short answer is the judge will direct the jury that a manslaughter verdict is available to them if they think he unlawfully killed Allison but can't be satisfied on intent which is the main difference between murder and manslaughter.

:tyou: alioop, I will search out your post for the long answer. :)

I believe gbc is a gonner and destined to making number plates
For quite a while, however , after appeal attemts...
Then i believe they will go after nbc
Moo!!!

You might be from Texas, :) That's what they do there along with a chain gang, farming fields... As all criminals should!

Praying for Allison, guilty murder first degree.

Robertson, 32, has a doctorate in forensic medicine from Monash University in Melbourne, is widely published in medical journals and has given professional presentations on date-rape drugs, according to his resume.

Date-rape drugs? Did that article say DATE-RAPE DRUGS!?

The victim of the Rose Petal case died of fentanyl poisoning. The other two drugs that were present in his system were Oxycodone and Clonazepam. (Source: the San Diego article, http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2013/sep/18/feature-arrest-warrant-issued/?page=3&)

All 3 of these substances are used as date rape drugs and mentioned on numerous websites and other publications dealing with this topic.

Hi All,

Long time lurker (many years) and first time poster.

I must first open by congratulating and thanking all of you for your thoughtful, caring, learned and often funny posts. You all really sound and act like a caring community. I have laughed and cried along with all of you but have chosen to stay anonymous until now.

I've never written on any forum in my life but thought I had to after reading about the Forensic Toxicologist (Dr. Michael Robertson) who testified on behalf of the defence yesterday. please see link (article) below.

'Killer links Aussie lover'
http://www.news.com.au/national/killer-links-aussie-lover/story-e6frfkp9-1225777012294

I'm not suggesting or implying anything untoward in his testimony and agree with most sentiments that it didn't help the defence in any way. I just though of all the toxicologists in Australia they could've chosen a reputable one without a history.

Again thank you all for the past few years in relation to this case.

Thanks,
SwiftSleuth

OMG that's him? I've seen that case on a couple of shows. Holy cow. Maybe the prosecution should have asked him a few more questions while he was under oath. Thanks Swifty.

Just had to pop in to say I have NEVER put so much pressure on myself to make a perfect drawing... Eek!

I agree and thats perhaps why the Baden Clay family aside from Gerard should not be so continually judged and ripped to shreds on this site. Perhaps they are just a family that has values such as loyalty, pride, unity and support of each other. In other circumstances these values would be admired and supported. These values are what makes strong communities and societies. Strong family values are the pillars of society. The Baden Clays too loved and respected Allison I am sure. Gerard has made some very very poor choices as evidenced in court over the past few days. His family on the other hand have stood by their values. How would they be judged if they had not supported him? A parent loves unconditionally even when they don't like or approve of choices or behaviours their children make.

Yes, family loyalty is important, but I think that blind loyalty is unhelpful and can prevent people taking responsibility for their personal growth and the consequences of their choices.

This case is a good example of that happening.

Also, loyalty which looks out at the rest of the world in a superior way is a disordered loyalty. This has been apparent in this case as well. The BC's evidence showed that they looked down on Allison, and did not value her as the unique person who she was.

Sorry if this already been asked, but does anyone know if the Judge and Legal Teams discussion commencing at 10am tomorrow is open to the Public?

All legal argument is public, just the jury will be excluded. The media may be order not to comment on it. So yes it will be open to the public. The only thing is though it may not be put through to the overflow rooms. I am not sure on this but if you can go tomorrow it would be worth giving it a go.

Strange stuff occurring.
Possible media person approached jury member.
GBC wanting notes passed to jury.
Final witness of 3 for the defense WOW!!

In all honesty, I'm not sure about the media person approaching a jury member. I was in court that day (Monday) and judge referred the incident for investigation. But before we judge her, media are in a separate room and like the overflow rooms, cannot see the jury. So she might not have known s/he was a juror. Media know full well that no one can approach an empanelled jury member.:twocents:

In all honesty, I'm not sure about the media person approaching a jury member. I was in court that day (Monday) and judge referred the incident for investigation. But before we judge her, media are in a separate room and like the overflow rooms, cannot see the jury. So she might not have known s/he was a juror. Media know full well that no one can approach an empanelled jury member.:twocents:

My personal opinion (for what it's worth) is that it was not a media reporter. I'm sure that media personnel who report on crime and court cases are briefed on what they are, or are not allowed to do. Interfering with jury members would be very high on the list of no-no's.

I believe it was a GBC supporter or friend/family member impersonating a media reporter. Hoping to cause a mistrial.

That bomb threat at the initial bail hearing has never been fully explained either. A mention of bikie trials happening at the same time in a different court, but then all went silent. Normally I would think a bomb threat in a court building would be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

How can one case attract so many unfortunate mishaps and incidents? Coincidence? or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals