General Discussion and Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sociopathic behaviours?

You are right, not worth such small chump change. The empire he had was too big to throw away.

Now add in the ex girlfriend who went missing and his father who killed himself, I think these are the missing pieces.

So far the gf is only missing...no body has been found. LB may have been calling DM for help for all we know. LB has a few ex boyfriends so just being an ex boyfriend does not make anyone a murderer IMO,MOO

Could it be that someone who wanted to control DM saw LB as a threat? I guess anything is possible at that point without concrete evidence. MOO

As for DM's father. It seems to have been confirmed that he was an alcoholic and for all we know could have been addicted to more than alcohol. JMO of course but many with addictions can be loose cannons and on an emotional rollercoaster much of the time. This death could well be a suicide IMO judging by this situation alone. MOO

Hmmm why are Toronto Police at the farm I wonder? I thought Hamilton was the unit that was involved and if anything Waterloo regional since it's their turf. Is Toronto at the farm because both WM and LB were from Toronto?

LE in Toronto have received a tip.

So far the gf is only missing...no body has been found. LB may have been calling DM for help for all we know. LB has a few ex boyfriends so just being an ex boyfriend does not make anyone a murderer IMO,MOO

Could it be that someone who wanted to control DM saw LB as a threat? I guess anything is possible at that point without concrete evidence. MOO

As for DM's father. It seems to have been confirmed that he was an alcoholic and for all we know could have been addicted to more than alcohol. JMO of course but many with addictions can be loose cannons and on an emotional rollercoaster much of the time. This death could well be a suicide IMO judging by this situation alone. MOO

What does MOO stand for?

LE in Toronto have received a tip.

Had to be a few days ago then because LE in Toronto would need time to obtain a search warrant. LE in Hamilton already HAS the search warrant. Doesnt make sense to me.

Hmmm why are Toronto Police at the farm I wonder? I thought Hamilton was the unit that was involved and if anything Waterloo regional since it's their turf. Is Toronto at the farm because both WM and LB were from Toronto?

It was stated (trying to find either the article or the pc to relate) that HPS said: TPS may want to conduct their own investigation on these properties

Can anyone remember where this was?

Also, because the original investigations were conducted and now reopened by TPS, TPS is at the farm.
"Toronto police have said Millard is now also being investigated in connection to the disappearance of Toronto woman Laura Babcock, 23, who was last seen on June 26, 2012. Her last phone call was with Millard, according to phone records. Her parents and ex-boyfriend said the two were friends before she went missing.
Toronto police have also reopened an investigation into the apparent suicide of Millard’s father, Wayne, who died inside the Etobicoke home the two shared in November 2012. Police had earlier cleared the death of any foul play, but a coroner’s investigation remained open."
from the Toronto Star:
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...lton_police_arrest_second_murder_suspect.html

Where was it confirmed he was an alcoholic? Link please.

1. Does anyone recall seeing that the "burner" phone was purchased a few months before the TB tragedy? I seem to recall that point. And it bothers me. What was the point of a "burner" phone a few months ago?

2. If it weren't for the tattoo & the phone would we even now have DM in custody? This is where the "getting away with it" falls apart. But did DM realize that? I don't think so. Thus the hubris of parking the trailer at mom's, the having of trails of evidence all over DMs properties. Think of Russell Williams leaving bootprints in snow and parking his truck where it could be seen, etc. We give far too much credit to the bad guys. And see how many of us it's taken to point out the trails left behind and question them.

3. We "sleuths" here are fairly rational people. How rational is it to "truckjack", to kill someone in the commission of said "truckjack", to burn the body instead of dumping it many miles away, to keep said truck locally instead of stashing it many miles away????

4. Detectives and criminologists of the profiler persuasion work many years to "get into" the minds of perpetrators, to see things as "perps" do. Even after decades of an amateur interest in criminal profiling and pathological behavior I cannot really go there. I can sometimes glimpse the twisted reasoning but....

5. I love logic. Analysis is one of my fortes. Good detective work is a combination of analysis/logic and a "nose" for pieces of the puzzle, so to speak. To ascribe logic to "perps" in the sense that we ordinarily use logic is, I think, giving more credit than is due. The "perp" may have what is to him/her an inner logic that defies what the rest of society could or would subscribe to. Think Paul Bernardo, Russell Williams, etc.

There. I've laid out some thoughts I've had, helped much by many of you. Thanks. All of it JMHO.

BBM: Bingo! I never realized the full extent to what you are saying about the logic, until being involved in the Williams case.

Sometimes, there is no logic. That's it, that's all. It doesn't make sense, and you have to let it go.

Good post!

Yes, based on the charges, it is very evident MS was the one who did the actual killing, because DM was charged with forcible confinement, we know that TB did not make it to another location, in Canada if you confine someone forcible and they die on yoU, a first degree murder charge will be laid. Because DM was charged with theft, we know that he was driving.

Now, if the charges were kidnapping, TB would of had to make it to another location before death. So because of the charges, we know who did what.

If anyone followed the tori stafford case, Michael Raffferty did not actually tori but because he kidnapped her, it would be first degree murder charge ieven if he actually did not kill her.

Points to consider, TB was not kidnapped, therefore he was killed inside the car.
Tori Staffored was unlawfully confined, kidnapped and first degree murder charges were laid against MR

Laws in Canada are different than in US but still similar.

I don't think that's accurate to say Rafferty did not kill Tori, but, we can discuss that particular point on another thread!

I do understand what you are getting at, but, we don't know the finer points of all the evidence.

Does someone have an exact listing of the charges for both the accused in this case?

I don't think that's accurate to say Rafferty did not kill Tori, but, we can discuss that particular point on another thread!

Based on the testimony from his girlfriend, the girlfriend admitted she was the one who killed her, but because of the kidnapping charge, a first degree murder conviction can occur against Michael Raffarty.

BBM: Bingo! I never realized the full extent to what you are saying about the logic, until being involved in the Williams case.

Sometimes, there is no logic. That's it, that's all. It doesn't make sense, and you have to let it go.

Good post!

Well, I get what you guys are saying, but I don't think it's a reason not to reject extremely unlikely scenarios.

I don't necessarily apply 'logic' to the possible reasons of criminals, just incentive, which is different. Whether the incentive is material (truck/money/whatever), emotional (jealousy/anger), or irrational (mental illness), there is usually an internal logic to it, or at least a perceived incentive on the part of the criminal.

New thread to discuss today's search. I'll move your posts over there now.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210654"]Police return to North Dumfries farm -- 28 May 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Ariane you said:
there is usually an internal logic to it, or at least a perceived incentive on the part of the criminal.

Precisely! An internal logic that may make sense only to the perpetrator! Therefore I'm not ruling out any "twisted" behavior on the part of the suspects YET.

I know they are at separate facilities and I think I remember reading that DM was not being segregated. But does anyone recall reading anything about the conditions in which DM and MS are being held?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties