General Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The quoting function is not working accurately. I think we need to edit a few posts to correctly identify who we are quoting.

Thanks, that's a great vid.

You're welcome.

The visuals together with the reporter recanting some of the affidavit is very telling IMO.

He claims to feel so afraid of break-ins, but had the balcony open witha whirling fan there? While in bed or asleep?

I do think that at a trial much that is alleged in the affidavit for bail will be disproven.

BBM

I'd still like to know how his prosthetics would of played into her chasing her. Did he have them on the entire time? Did he put them on while they would've been arguing?

I remember the spokeperson quoted as saying this but I was pretty surprised this was never brought up in court during the bail hearing. I would think it would be relevant in determining if he was violent or what the calls pertained too.

I don't know. I would think, however, that he would be very fast without his prosthetics. He's grown up without full legs.

It is interesting that the prior domestic calls were not mentioned because if there have been problems necessitating the police, that's totally relevant!!!!!

I have been pretty firmly on the fence and am still open but I must admit that Onthecounter's logic is sliding me off that fence. To repeat, Onthecounter noted that someone in fear wouldn't drop their gun and turn away from an intruder. I agree. I think they would be clutching that gun and terrified, backing away, hoping that whoever is in there can't or won;t come out until, police arrive.

To me, dropping the gun after such a shooting is the kind of thing a person would do after their rage culminates in the ultimate act of violence. Now they are done acting out their rage and may have begun to realize the extent of what they have done.

No way would a scared person drop their weapon.

This is the most powerful evidence I have seen yet to point to this not being an accident. Great catch and great thinking. A person so scared they are prompted to shoot at an unknown intruder would never let go of their weapon and turn their back on the area where the intruder was.

Someone posted that in RSA, robbers and home invaders often come in through the bathroom. So it's not that they would be using the bathroom but he could have thought they just broke in through there.

Also, apparently there is evidence of prior calls to the home of a "domestic nature".

Gitana, as to your first point , I actually responded to the same post a few pages back..Plse respond, I would like to know your thoughts on my opinion. :)

Yep, it was me who mentioned that invaders often come through bathroom windows, the windows are small and rarely have bars on, usually a very small person or child is pushed though who then opens up a point of entry....or the invaders are less likely to encounter anyone on their way in.

The prior calls of a domestic nature actually were for when Oscar evicted a drunk woman from his house who then became nasty.

The family have stated that Carl's account was hacked and that it was not a message posted from anyone in the family!!

As it turns out it was alluding to an OP tweet, not related to Carl's hacking. At the same time, it was simply wrong and I'm so glad I denounced it 5 minutes ago via my post 413.

Thanks.

Does anyone know which attorney allegedly found the bullet casing in the toilet?
I presume it was not Roux.

OPs team found the bullet in the toilet after the police had handed the house back to them once they had supposedly finished processing the scene, police or police forensics missed the bullet in the toilet bowl, I wonder what else they missed
I agree...I don't believe that Reeva flushed the chain, it's a pretty distinct noise and I'm certain that if Oscar heard the loo flush, he would have calmed somewhat...invaders will not use the loo but will most certainly hide in there.

where does he say he dropped his weapon after shooting, he may have returned out of bathroom with gun in hand to bedroom, saw no Reeva in bed realised she was in toilet, and at this point returned to bathroom and dropped gun, he never says he dropped gun after shooting, his statement says he shot and returned to bedroom no mention of what he did with gun

As it turns out it was alluding to an OP tweet, not related to Carl's hacking. At the same time, it was simply wrong and I'm so glad I denounced it 5 minutes ago via my post 413.

Thanks.

Yes I know, sorry..I only saw that aft the fact....my bad! :)

I don't know. I would think, however, that he would be very fast without his prosthetics. He's grown up without full legs.

It is interesting that the prior domestic calls were not mentioned because if there have been problems necessitating the police, that's totally relevant!!!!!

I have been pretty firmly on the fence and am still open but I must admit that Onthecounter's logic is sliding me off that fence. To repeat, Onthecounter noted that someone in fear wouldn't drop their gun and turn away from an intruder. I agree. I think they would be clutching that gun and terrified, backing away, hoping that whoever is in there can't or won;t come out until, police arrive.

To me, dropping the gun after such a shooting is the kind of thing a person would do after their rage culminates in the ultimate act of violence. Now they are done acting out their rage and may have begun to realize the extent of what they have done.

No way would a scared person drop their weapon.

Is it possible the realization that it was Reeva hit him at that exact time. After he shot, he realized Reeva has not said anything nor appeared to see what happened (which for sure would of happened by now). Perhaps while he was in the act of shooting he realized it could of been Reeva (thus only 4 shots when he would of shot even more)?

I agree with you it is suspect.

Does anyone know which attorney allegedly found the bullet casing in the toilet?
I presume it was not Roux.
It was not an attorney, the defence were given access to the house the day after the killing, when the states forensics were finished. They pulled in their own forensic team who went over the house.

where does he say he dropped his weapon after shooting, he may have returned out of bathroom with gun in hand to bedroom, saw no Reeva in bed realised she was in toilet, and at this point returned to bathroom and dropped gun, he never says he dropped gun after shooting, his statement says he shot and returned to bedroom no mention of what he did with gun

Good point. If he didn't specifically say he dropped the gun after shooting, why is that assumed?

Aahhhhhh, thank you!!!!!

It was not an attorney, the defence were given access to the house the day after the killing, when the states forensics were finished. They pulled in their own forensic team who went over the house.

Thank you Carol.

But it is said that an attorney was at the crime scene before the cops got there. Which attorney was that?

Is there evidence that she was on the toilet when shot? There well may be. But, at this point, we only have OP's self-reporting to go by.
Interesting that, again self-reported, when he heard noises and went into "combat mode," and the noises turned out to be a washing machine, he did not on that occasion start shooting up the place. Of course, why shoot out a washing machine. But he had to do some investigating in that case, and he does none here before pulling the trigger.
I do consider what others here have said: he might have been in an altered state. It's Valentine's day, so I'd assume some toasts. But then this makes it strange that their romantic encounter according to OP consists of her doing Yoga downstairs while he's--I forget--watching telly or something--and then they both conk out. Sounds like the Valentine's day of a middle-aged plus couple married for 20 years, not a young couple recently dating and according to OP madly in love.

I wonder how many crime scene techs were their-and not a one saw that bullet casing in that very small space,the loo should have been the first place to look,she was shot there!
But we hear the defense found it the next day!OKAY!

Well, she is dead so she can't very well contradict him, can she?
He knows she is in the apartment. He hears a noise from the bathroom. He doesn't realize it could be his g/f using the bathroom? Is that reasonable? I don't think so. It's reckless at the very least to shoot at the bathroom door, and not even checking if his g/f was using the bathroom....

And you know what else .... he posts a few months ago on twitter thy he went into combat mode when he came home and heard the dryer. Common sense prevailed... he made no mention of shooting then. Now, when someone else is IN THE HOUSE WITH HIM, he shoots gung ho into a door four times. Tsk tsk.

If anyone is interested in doing so, I'd like to turn this around and discuss what elements of OP's statement have been corroborated so far.

For instance, he stated they were originally planning to go out separately with friends but Reeva asked if they could stay home together instead. If/when they cancelled their plans, what explanation did they give their friends? Hopefully these friends have been interviewed. Also, do their phones and iPads indicate they were sleeping between 10 and 3 as described, or was there any activity? Did any neighbors hear a male shouting briefly at 3:00am with no female counterpart heard, as OP has described? Do OP's phone records support his version of who he called and when? Is there a witness (from Netcare?) who confirms they directed OP to take Reeva to the hospital rather than waiting for paramedics?

I wonder how many crime scene techs were their-and not a one saw that bullet casing in that very small space,the loo should have been the first place to look,she was shot there!
But we hear the defense found it the next day!OKAY!

Good point.

What are all the implications of the "missed toilet casing"?

Obviously if missed by the SAP forensics team, great ineptitude is implied. Should not all possibilities be considered? This includes planting by Pistorius' forensics people. But one would think this is unlikely as the casing can be matched to the gun. Unless a third possibility--at a deep level--collusion between the 2 sides.

Again, unlikely. But as I "saw" the lead investigator (Hilton Botha)--for the SAP unravel and he didn't seem to care--I thught there couldn't have been a better pick by the defense for the lead detective against them. and then the bombshell about his own impending trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal