General Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they are not so foolish as to change the conditions of his bail because IMO he is a flight risk. He will escape via boat or land to a country with no extradition agreement and they will never be able to get him back.

IMO he will now try to hamper, scamper and tamper!

I will have even less respect for SA if they change even one condition.

OP does not know the meaning of the word, 'discipline", from what we know about him, he has never been disciplined or punished in his life.

He was prepared to write that affidavit because he figured if he could get out on bail, he could escape justice as he has money. The worst thing they did was to let him out on bail. I wonder if they can bail him on June 4 or before?

Fancy wanting to live in the crime scene again which has to remain the crime scene!

OP has no guilt, no remorse and wants to act as if nothing has happened.

I hope Reeva's parents bring on that civil case before he escapes.

You make very good points! And I especially follow your point that I put on Bold.

The locksmith with a lawyer coming hours after his arrest to break the safe and get banking account information just stinks! Mr. Pistorius intentionally murdered Reeva and he knew the story he (and his family) hastily concocted before he broke down the door was not going to work, he was/is definitely on his way to another country, if he can get out. Good luck with that!

Magistrate Nair hand picked the Correctional Officer and the Parole Officer in charge of monitoring Mr. Pistorius and you can bet that the Magistrate told them to take the task dead seriously, not to give him any chance of leaving the country.

That being said, there is not a Judge in SA stupid enough to lift those safeguards on his bail. The risk of serious professional embarrassment is just too great!

You make very good points! And I especially follow your point that I put on Bold.

The locksmith with a lawyer coming hours after his arrest to break the safe and get banking account information just stinks! Mr. Pistorius intentionally murdered Reeva and he knew the story he (and his family) hastily concocted before he broke down the door was not going to work, he was/is definitely on his way to another country, if he can get out. Good luck with that!

Magistrate Nair hand picked the Correctional Officer in charge of monitoring Mr. Pistorius and you can bet that the Magistrate told him to take the task dead seriously, not to give him any chance of leaving the country.

That being said, there is not a Judge in SA stupid enough to lift those safeguards on his bail. The risk of serious professional embarrassment is just too great!

Well, I didn't think there would be a judge stupid enough to grant bail to a man who killed a woman in a blood bath! I worry that everything has gone OP's way so far, and it will continue to go his way.:banghead:

FYI These are the countries without an extradition agreement with South Africa.

Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Botswana, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Indonesia, Iran, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Maldives, Mauritania, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Philippines, Qatar, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome e Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, USSR, United Arab Emirates, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen, Yemen South, Zaire.

What is the closest one?

Otherwise USSR for international competition.

He made sure he got access to his offshore accounts with the locksmith there so early!

Does anyone know if the High Court who hear Mr.Petorius's Appeal revoke his bail as well as grant or deny his application AND/OR can the State Prosecutor file a counter appeal in the same High Court to have his bail revoked and throw OP in gaol where he belongs?

Whatever happens he is being VERY badly advised as these actions do nothing to help his case nor his future.

FYI These are the countries without an extradition agreement with South Africa.

Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Botswana, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Indonesia, Iran, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Maldives, Mauritania, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Philippines, Qatar, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome e Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, USSR, United Arab Emirates, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen, Yemen South, Zaire.

What is the closest one?

He made sure he got access to his offshore accounts with the locksmith there so early!
Why did he need a locksmith for his own safe?

It crossed my mind a few days ago that I had read that the other lady who was going to press charges Taylor Cassidy Memory (I think that is her name) was a neighbour of Oscar's. I wondered if she still lives in the same complex and if she could be one of the witnesses in Reeva's case, hence Oscar settling up with her.

Wouldn't that be one for the books, what goes around comes around. Serve him right if it turned out she was a witness and she heard all. Payback time lol.

Magistrate Nair hand picked the Correctional Officer and the Parole Officer in charge of monitoring Mr. Pistorius and you can bet that the Magistrate told them to take the task dead seriously, not to give him any chance of leaving the country.

Is there a link for that claim I put in bold?

Wouldn't that be one for the books, what goes around comes around. Serve him right if it turned out she was a witness and she heard all. Payback time lol.

Actually I hope she is not one of the witneses, as her priors with him will be used to impeach her credibility.

Why did he need a locksmith for his own safe?

I just read up on the locksmith matter. I read that shortly after Botha arrived, Carl arrived with a lawyer and a locksmith, to attempt to get into a safe in the kitchen. They did not find the memory stick with the offshore account numbers they were looking for.

What strikes me about all of this is that Botha was letting any old Joe trample all over a crime scene! What kind of three-ring circus is going on here??? Zero integrity!

I just read up on the locksmith matter. I read that shortly after Botha arrived, Carl arrived with a lawyer and a locksmith, to attempt to get into a safe in the kitchen. They did not find the memory stick with the offshore account numbers they were looking for.

What strikes me about all of this is that Botha was letting any old Joe trample all over a crime scene! What kind of three-ring circus is going on here??? Zero integrity!

I have heard that remark said before and the explanation was that they went into the kitchen which was on the ground floor so it was not the crime scene.

Well, I didn't think there would be a judge stupid enough to grant bail to a man who killed a woman in a blood bath! I worry that everything has gone OP's way so far, and it will continue to go his way.:banghead:

I believed that too. But Oscar Pistorius was, at that time, a true SA National Hero, 2nd only to Nelson Mandela, and he was an inspiration to the world. So the Magistrate was put in a difficult situation, imprison an Icon and be hated by the SA public and others, or let him out on bail and risk his name being tarnished for that if OP fled.

So I see why he did what he did. I think it was smart. OP can run at this moment if he choses, but it will be only hours before his Correctional and Parole Officers detect it and alarms are sounded all over the country, hopefully...

I have heard that remark said before and the explanation was that they went into the kitchen which was on the ground floor so it was not the crime scene.

The entire house is a crime scene. RS's body was taken downstairs. Hypothetically, Carl had opportunity to plant evidence anywhere he went. It's obvious to me that there was no real attempt to preserve the crime scene.

The entire house is a crime scene. RS's body was taken downstairs. Hypothetically, Carl had opportunity to plant evidence anywhere he went. It's obvious to me that there was no real attempt to preserve the crime scene.

Carl brought a lawyer along to ensure he gained access to the safe.

I was just wondering what it would be like for Mr. Pistorius if he decided to go out for a coffee or lunch or chat with his old neighbors or something. I think it would look similar to this:

Media hound Oscar Pistorius's brother - YouTube

At 2:29 Do you think he will get bail? No response. "Are you hopeful he will get bail?" Laughter!

Did you realise that there have been 1,797 posts just on Thread #2 and 59,473 views!

Excellent comment by IoliteNight on link Shane gave us earlier

"It would be shocking if his bail conditions were to be reversed. Chief Magistrate Desmond Nair deliberated for days before he granted bail and said that Pistorius’s version of events defied logic (or something to that effect).

I get disappointed and angry when I read about his latest antics, as well, such as his private memorial service for Reeva Steenkamp (how hurtful and disrespectful to her family ...) and this bail appeal.

The prosecutor said in the bail hearing that he didn’t feel Pistorius grasped the gravity of his situation. With just about every move Pistorius makes, he is proving that assessment true. And I’m starting to believe that maybe it’s a good thing he’s out on bail, because he’s pretty much hanging himself with his own rope and, in so doing, revealing his true nature.

From the moment this story broke, he has made himself out to be one of the victims, if not THE victim (of his vulnerability as a double-amputee, of SA crime, of “accidentally” shooting his girlfriend and oh, the anguish to lose a loved one in that manner). And revealing his thoughtlessness, self-centeredness, and seemingly narcissistic and, quite possibly, sociopathic tendencies in the process. From calling a lawyer immediately after the shooting to hiring a PR firm within 24 hours (which, by the way, has supposedly already distanced themselves from him and his family) to saying, “She died in my arms...” There is a sense of it’s all about him, as well as a sense of detachment with him ... like he’s observing himself from a distance and playing a role in his own life (if that makes any sense).

For those commenting on some of these reports and saying “don’t rush to judgment, don’t assume the worst until the facts come out” ... of course, those of us who are interested in this story are waiting for solid evidence, such as ballistics and forensics reports. And, of course, we all have to keep in mind that media reports aren’t the source of veracity that they once seemed to be.

But, if you pay attention to his words and his behavior ... for example, in his memoir and in certain interviews, he has admitted to having a “fiery, reckless temperament.” It’s a pattern that seems to go way back. The boat incident, the firing of a gun in a restaurant incident have been widely reported, but, in his memoir, he speaks about an argumentative (explosive?) relationship with his first “true love,” and relates a story about tearing off in the heat of the moment at 3:00 a.m. after a fight they had on the phone and practically totaling his car. He admitted it was impulsive and reckless of him and, up until that point, “his biggest regret.” He shared a Valentine’s Day story about blowing up 200 balloons “all by himself” and “artfully” spray painting “I love you, Tiger” on the road outside his girlfriend’s driveway. Just the way he describes these things, you can tell he’s somewhat detached, proud and thinks highly of himself.

Sorry to tap out such a long comment in this type of forum, but I just can’t help but mull over the fact that a similar thread has been emerging from all of these "fall from glory" stories about accomplished athletes like Armstrong, Simpson, Pistorius, amongst so many others: the qualities that make them successful (intensity, competitiveness / aggressiveness, tenacity, pride, etc.) in their chosen sport are oftentimes liabilities in their personal lives. Which, obviously, is not a profound observation ... and yet, we continue to make the mistake of crowning these athletes as some sort of national treasure or hero."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99