General Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another morsel of information from another news source:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...r-Pistorius-Hilton-Botha-defends-himself.html

Oscar Pistorius: Hilton Botha defends himself

The detective of 24 years' experience said that despite international headlines ridiculing him following his court evidence, and despite criticism by the magistrate presiding over the case, he believed he had done a good job.

Mr Botha said he doubted Pistorius' story from the start, and said he "immediately" ordered the Paralympian's arrest.

As for motive, he said the case was "strong".

He said that his actions in the witness box, when he admitted that there were no inconsistencies in Mr Pistorius's account of how he shot Miss Steenkamp, 29, believing her to be a burglar, meant little.

"A bail application is like a poker game. You cannot show all your cards," he said, adding that the court proceedings were meant to be a bail hearing, "not a trial within a trial".

This is the theory I was going along with originally

http://www.justcurious.co.za/2013/02/the-oscar-weekend-that-was/

but apparently it is now a redundant theory.

He probably wants his passport back to do a disappearing act. I think his stress levels must be really high. Unless he is a complete delusionalist, he must know it is all over now. I reckon a breakdown is on the cards.....unfit to stand trial.

I actually do think he must be suffering mental torture, I mean if he stands trial it must be a certainty he is going to prison. I have no idea about South African legal system, but I think I heard the charge of "Premeditated murder of Reeva" is not transferrable. I take that to mean that is the charge that he will answer to. He won't be charged with unlawful killing of an intruder. So if the Judge thinks there is not enough evidence to support the charge of premeditated murder of Reeva - that's it I don't know what happens then?

Thank you for that. I have seen the chart and much of the other stuff, but not this:

“He was totally incoherent and just kept saying, ‘My baba, I’ve killed my baba. God take me away’. He must have been sobbing there for a whole hour.
“I was with him for 10 minutes and asked him exactly what had happened but he couldn’t answer and just kept repeating the same thing.”

He was answering the guy's question?

The legal aspects of this were addressed really well on a UK discussion website, but I have a feeling it would be against the rules to post that here. It is a bad place to hang out anyway, not civil. But I will just say this, the 6-7 diehard apologists for OP that tortured themselves trying to find any shred of light that OP would not face prison nor the Premeditated Murder charge have been absolutely silent for the past 36 hours. Those people had gone on for weeks attacking others, viciously, so...

Good quote.
This is what I wrote all along.
I think the OP apologists seemed to have used Botha's seeming going along with defense's claims at bail as some sort of justification in using OP's affidavit as a base for RS death scenario, When eye or earwitnesses' accounts, logic, etc, make clear that by trial every statement in OP's affi will probably be proven to be what they appear on the surface to most--a set of absurd, obvious coverups.

It will be interesting to see if OP's side will later try to get divorced from the affi thay appear to have been lured into marrying at the bail hearing.

Thanks Lois.
I was able to see it again today for the first time in many years.
Very good. Not quite the scope and magnitude of Cry Freedom, but still.

One thing I saw at imdb, is that apparently there are as much as 30 minutes of deleted scenes with Brando that MB said greatly watered down the movie.
Prob. would have been greater. Some reported that it includes cops assaulting Brando and numerous other scenes.

Time limitation imposed before release was the reason. Some are hoping for some future version.

is anyone really surprised? this guy, his family, his reputation management team, his lawyers....all doing absolutely nothing to convince anyone of his innocence.

OP you are in a hole and your actions speak volumes.

RE Cell Phones:

Does anyone recall the following? IIRC, first reports said 2 were found in his safe.

That just reminded me of a scene from Dexter (S7E01). Dex, after being uncovered by Deb, considers fleeing. He kicks in his wall—a makeshift safe—and takes out a bag with money, passports and cell phones. (We’ll ignore how they stayed charged.)

Anyone remember that? I presume there are many Dexter fans here. (At least 1st 4 seasons.)

Forensics—including blood spatter analysis—could be a big part of this trial. I would say that this kind of thing should convict him. But with enough money, defense will have their own BSA who will probably not agree with the Pros. BSA.

Dexter fans here?

Oscar wants to travel overseashttp://www.citypress.co.za/news/oscar-wants-to-travel-overseas/

Details of Oscar Pistorius’ attorneys argument to the judge asking to drop certain bail conditions have been leaked, and I excerpt them here.

“Your Worship:

We Respectfully request certain bail conditions be henceforth discontinued and list the reason for each such request.

1. Alcohol drinking banned. Reason: Oscar Pistorius has only shot one person while under the influence before.
2. Prevention of communicating with his neighbors. Reason: Oscar Pistorius has only slammed a door on just one neighbor previously.
3. Overseas Travel Restriction. Reason: Oscar Pistorius has never shot anyone overseas.

Respectfully submitted 8 March 2013.

Signed:
Oscar Pistorius Defense Counsel, assisted by Shane13. :)

It's funny how little more than a week ago, OP was arranging a 'private' service for his 'beloved Reeva', a private service that was conveniently leaked to the press so we all got to hear how the poor boy was still in deep mourning for Reeva - and yet now he's, um, sufficiently recovered enough to try and get almost every condition of his bail overturned, including being allowed to fly overseas to train. Well, his mourning didn't take long, did it? Probably lasted from mo(u)rning to evening.

The conditions of his bail may have seemed harsh to him, but they were agreed upon and it seems incredibly tasteless that he's now whining about it, when he's bloody lucky to be living at his uncle's house and enjoying a freedom he couldn't be sure he'd get. Reeva is dead because of him. And he can't shut his mouth and just put up with the 'inconvenience' of having to check in at a police station and abstain from alcohol?

It's unbelievable that he wants to go back to the house and talk to the neighbours!! What does he want to talk to them about? The fact shouting was heard before he killed Reeva? What possible reason could he have for wanting to chat with the neighbours unless it was to find out what they heard that night? The guy's a loose canon. He should have more conditions attached after all this childish whingeing.

It's funny how little more than a week ago, OP was arranging a 'private' service for his 'beloved Reeva', a private service that was conveniently leaked to the press so we all got to hear how the poor boy was still in deep mourning for Reeva - and yet now he's, um, sufficiently recovered enough to try and get almost every condition of his bail overturned, including being allowed to fly overseas to train. Well, his mourning didn't take long, did it? Probably lasted from mo(u)rning to evening.

The conditions of his bail may have seemed harsh to him, but they were agreed upon and it seems incredibly tasteless that he's now whining about it, when he's bloody lucky to be living at his uncle's house and enjoying a freedom he couldn't be sure he'd get. Reeva is dead because of him. And he can't shut his mouth and just put up with the 'inconvenience' of having to check in at a police station and abstain from alcohol?

It's unbelievable that he wants to go back to the house and talk to the neighbours!! What does he want to talk to them about? The fact shouting was heard before he killed Reeva? What possible reason could he have for wanting to chat with the neighbours unless it was to find out what they heard that night? The guy's a loose canon. He should have more conditions attached after all this childish whingeing.

I enjoyed reading your post! I agree with you.

But not being able to enjoy a beer or fly off to countries that have no formal extradition treaty with SA while the man is out on bail for a charge of Premeditated Murder is cruel and unusual punishment, IMO...

I enjoyed reading your post! I agree with you.

But not being able to enjoy a beer or fly off to countries that have no formal extradition treaty with SA while the man is out on bail for a charge of Premeditated Murder is cruel and unusual punishment, IMO...
You're right. What was I thinking?? In fact, he should be allowed to carry a gun in case someone doesn't give him a beer when he demands one... to refuse him would surely be in breach of his human rights!

You're right. What was I thinking?? In fact, he should be allowed to carry a gun in case someone doesn't give him a beer when he demands one... to refuse him would surely be in breach of his human rights!

People use LOL all of the time. But seriously, I really am LOL right now!

Good news then.

I read at wiki IIRC, that instead of waiting till Sept. for S8 (probable final season, but maybe not), they say S8 will air in June.
Huge fan here too Shane! :) I hate the waiting in between seasons so hope they bring it forward...I only just finished with the 7 th season.

Huge fan here too Shane! :) I hate the waiting in between seasons so hope they bring it forward...I only just finished with the 7 th season.

Did you like it?

And did you catch my last attempt at levity at bottom of previous page?

The website for OP's Fortress Community says that there are two hospitals nearby; one 6 km and another 11 km away. I'm wondering why, if it looked as bad as it did (gunshot wound to the head) didn't he just rush her to the nearest hospital, minutes away, instead of calling his family to come over, carrying her around the house with no seeming purpose, etc... But I do have my thoughts.
He had called the hospital, he wasn't carrying her around the house, the car was running in the driveway and he was carrying her to the car to drive her to the hospital like Netcare had told him too. Nowhere does it state he called his family, he made 2 calls, one to estate management and one to Netcare. Management arrived with a doctor who lives on the estate as he was comming down the stairs with her. If anything, he called his brother/father after she was pronounced dead as any normal person would.

Oscar wants to travel overseashttp://www.citypress.co.za/news/oscar-wants-to-travel-overseas/

Details of Oscar Pistorius’ attorneys argument to the judge asking to drop certain bail conditions have been leaked, and I excerpt them here.

“Your Worship:

We Respectfully request certain bail conditions be henceforth discontinued and list the reason for each such request.

1. Alcohol drinking banned. Reason: Oscar Pistorius has only shot one person while under the influence before.
2. Prevention of communicating with his neighbors. Reason: Oscar Pistorius has only slammed a door on just one neighbor previously.
3. Overseas Travel Restriction. Reason: Oscar Pistorius has never shot anyone overseas.

Respectfully submitted 8 March 2013.

Signed:
Oscar Pistorius Defense Counsel, assisted by Shane13. :)
Lol :D

image_zps754985ec.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members