General Discussion Thread #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.iol.co.za/capetimes/oscar-it-s-all-about-the-toilet-door-1.1476183#.UeZQThG9KK3

Perumal, who was present at the post mortem of Steenkamp’s body and took more than 200 photographs, said many of the rumours regarding the crime or events leading up to it, such as Steenkamp having been pregnant, were easily ruled out.

“There was also a theory that Steenkamp had a clump of Pistorius’s hair in her hand when she died, but we even have photos of her hands and there were only two strands of hair on her hand and they were her own, long blonde hairs.”

I posted this a while back regarding RP's interview. If Reeva's head being bashed with a cricket bat was nothing more than a rumour and RP was talking about rumours being ruled out at the autopsy, why would he fail to specifically mention the most damning one of all, the cricket bat. Surely if this was ruled out at the autopsy it would indeed be the number one rumour to dispel if he could. So IMO we can take it that the autopsy did not rule this out.

Pisto_lius

I also believe this could be what happened.

Reeva ran to the toilet with a head injury caused by a beat with the cricket bat outside the toilet. And then OP shot her intentional in the head - maybe once the door was open or through the broken door panel - so he could claim her head shot was caused by the shots he fired through the door. Perhaps he hoped this gunshot wound would cover up the head injury caused by the cricket bat.

Exactly.. this could be what happened..

And also Reeva's phone on the mat supports this theory too implying she was attacked in the bathroom before she got/taken in the toilet ..She had taken her phone with her running to the toilet not for nothing and seems was stopped violently preventing her making that call..
I also believe something like this or just this it must have been - but not anything without his prothetics??!!??!!!
What is the shot in the hip, she should have already received in the bedroom???

Could this be the answer to the mystery of the blood-spattered sofa?

pistorius_3d_plan_624x400_clean.jpg

The picture is from a 3D animation on the BBC and shows a sofa at the bedroom's entrance.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21516664

The picture is from a 3D animation on the BBC and shows a sofa at the bedroom's entrance.

Could be if it was cream, I guess.

I read somewhere that one poster was suggesting that OP did not specify which balcony he took the fan from as there is another bedroom with a balcony on that level - but that did not make sense to me.

I remember well that in the first pictures (in the news) was a bright sofa on the left wall next to the bed. On all subsequent images of this sofa is not seen or shown.
I remember also well that was next to the stairs on the first pictures (in the news) below a bright sofa. Even that is not seen or drawn on later images.

Unfortunately I can not find a relevant link to both the sofa next to bed and the sofa below stairs (despite a long search).
What happened: the first pictures were all wrong or even rearranging the furniture or the later pictures are wrong? Wether we will ever know?

Since February it has not come to my mind but now:

OP had certainly at most of the time his prothetics. I assume that you would be physically and mentally in a protracted dispute felt awful inferior if you had not worn them.
Before the shots in the bathroom OP knew what he would say as an excuse after the shooting and that his story would be more credible (fear of burglars, vulnerable, blabla) if he would not wear prothetics. So he has - just for these shots from the bathroom through the door (open or not) into the toilet - kneeling.
If you can sprint with prothetics so that one would have to also kneel.
All my own guess.

If someone else has already written then I ask for non-compliance. :blush:

PUBLIC RELATIONS FOR OSCAR PISTORIUS

THOUSANDS OF FANS OF OSCAR PISTORIUS EXPRESS THEIR SUPPORT FOR THE ATHLETE AS HIS TRIAL DATE NEARS.
July 25, 2013
Oscar Pistorius’s trial date on August 19, 2013 is less than a month away, and thousands of the athlete's fans have poured out their support for the man called Blade Runner, according to South Africa’s The Citizen.

“I believe Pistorius. He is a winner, a hero, a source of inspiration to many. I am absolutely sure this is a terrible mistake. God will not abandon him,” wrote Andre from Sao Paulo, Brazil who is an avid supporter of Oscar.

It is only one of thousands of messages of support that have been streaming in from across the world as the double-amputee athlete prepares to appear in court less than a month from now.

“I can speak of many musician friends and we are right behind him and do not allow the media frenzy and weirdos to intervene,” wrote South African pianist, Martin Lane.

There is a group of dedicated supporters from as a far as Sweden and Spain who have created a blog called “Support for Oscar Pistorius,” the goal of which is give people the platform to express their support for the champion Paralympian.

“Suppor for Oscar Pistorius” was created last June and allows people all over the world to post messages, photos and even poems expressing their support for Oscar.

Mira Teuber, a Germany-based supporter and one of the founders of the site said that the “idea for the blog is to show him that there is significant support, compassion, faith and belief in him.”

“It also serves a channel for others to show their own messages of empathy and support.”

According to Teuber, the blog has so far received more than 19,000 views from 67 countries in less than a month.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/35613/20130725/oscar-pistorius-trial-date.htm

However, i could not find anything on "The Citizen" about this at all!

Legal expert Professor Shadrack Gutto of the University of South Africa said plea bargains were generally used when neither side was willing to risk the uncertainty of a criminal trial.

Premeditated murder carries a minimum life sentence. Culpable homicide and murder with extenuating circumstances do not carry minimum sentences.

“It is certainly within the power of the State to change the charge of premeditated murder to a lesser charge if they do come to some sort of agreement in a plea bargain,” Gutto said.

“I do not believe that this is the sort of case that should end up in anything less than a murder or a culpable homicide conviction.

“It would send the wrong message: that the wealthy and powerful and famous can escape justice.

I think that anything less than culpable homicide would result in widespread public outrage,” he said.

http://www.citizen.co.za/citizen/co...der-trial-could-reach-end-with-a-plea-bargain

I wonder what makes this guy assume that it would not be sending the wrong message and there would not be widespread public outrage if OP gets away with a culpable homicide plea deal. Reading between the lines IMO this is what the DT will be pushing for. Why since he professes his innocence and as he claims his affidavit is the truth what is he afraid of. He should be eager to redeem himself by getting up on the stand and answering truthfully all questions put to him.

Also, since the truth cannot be refuted why would OP and his DT feel the need to waste time and expense by hiring this expert and that to chip away at any evidence the Pros have.

IMO the DT know full well that if his case goes on to trial he is toast.

Is this a strategy designed to let OP off the hook or to give him a lighter sentence due to lack of evidence? Surely, it would be relatively simple to recover his i-tunes password!

Oscar's iPhone puzzles cops

Barry Bateman | a day ago

PRETORIA – Eyewitness News has learnt that investigators in the Oscar Pistorius murder case have still not been able to forensically analyse the athlete's smartphone which may hold key evidence.

It emerged last month that Pistorius had forgotten a password to the Apple iPhone he had used on the night he shot and killed his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentines Day this year.

Police investigators have asked their counterparts at Interpol to assist them in acquiring Apple’s expertise.

While the handset seized at Pistorius's house is not locked, investigators require the iTunes account password in order to analyse the device and access deleted or hidden data.

But with just three weeks to go until a trial date is expected to be set, a police official close to the investigation says Interpol has not yet responded to their request.

Software available in South Africa has been unable to crack the device and it's hoped the password can be retrieved from Apple servers.

The appropriate legal process is being followed via Interpol to gain access to the confidential data.

http://ewn.co.za/2013/07/26/Oscars-iPhone-stumps-police

Is this a strategy designed to let OP off the hook or to give him a lighter sentence due to lack of evidence? Surely, it would be relatively simple to recover his i-tunes password!

Oscar's iPhone puzzles cops

Barry Bateman | a day ago

http://ewn.co.za/2013/07/26/Oscars-iPhone-stumps-police

I thought it could be determined where in the house a phone was used and at what time. Surely if any phone was used in the early hours when they both were supposedly tucked up in bed, other than the times in his affidavit, this alone would prove him a liar. Also imo, if he was easily accessing this phone up until that night then suddenly forgets how, then that makes him appear to be even more of a guilty liar, if that is remotely possible.

How simple and unproblematic for an offender to forget his password - and no hacker manages to get of the unencrypted data. It makes me crazy thinking OP would save himself with this excuse. :pullhair:

What do you mean by "unencrypted data"? Wouldn't all of it have been encrypted?

What about the receivers of those calls, emails or text messages? They were probably not calling each other?

It's as if OP knew in advance that this could be the case.

Does this mean they will not be able to prove premeditation?

Maybe they should put OP under hypnosis to recall the password??? :floorlaugh:

I wonder how long they will try to get this password for and if it will affect the charge?

Do you think on 19 August the judge will set a date for when the trial begins?

Criminal records for nearly 1,500 South Africa police staff

Mon, 29 Jul 2013

South Africa’s national commissioner of police is to consider what recruitment changes may be needed after the discovery that 1,488 employees of the South African Police Service (SAPS) have criminal records.

Police minister Nathi Mthethwa says the service’s “resolve to root out any unwanted elements within the police will never be deterred by anything”, after the release of the internal audit revealing that figure.

The audit was two years in the making and in January 2013 it was suggested that SAPS start publishing the names of recruits for public scrutiny in an attempt to “cleanse the South African Police Service of unwanted people who shame our image”.
http://www.recruiter.co.uk/news/2013/03/south-african-police-could-publish-names-of-recruits/

This spring, pressure to clean up the image of SAPS rose after a series of high-profile incidents, including the alleged murder by Paralympic and Olympic star Oscar Pistorius of his girlfriend, model Reeva Steenkamp, brought the service into international disrepute.

Speaking yesterday (28 July), Mthethwa said: “The next step is for the national commissioner of police, General Riah Phiyega, to act on the outcome of the audit. I have now instructed her and the management team that feedback on action should be provided to me by the end of October this year.

“This is a legal process where everyone will be given an opportunity to state his or her side of the story. That said, our resolve to root out any unwanted elements within the police will never be deterred by anything, no matter how long and what it takes.”

http://www.recruiter.co.uk/news/2013/07/criminal-records-for-nearly-1500-south-africa-police-staff/

Oscar will certainly not like this.... :D

Oscar Pistorius has been replaced, says Paralympic president

International Paralympic Committee president claims Oscar Pistorius has been replaced by new stars such as Alan Oliveira, Richard Browne and Jonnie Peacock.

International Paralympic Committee (IPC) president Sir Philip Craven claims Oscar Pistorius has been replaced by new stars. Following the success of London 2012, Craven believes the organisation is no longer in need of a poster boy like Oscar Pistorius.

The South African double amputee was an inspirational global icon during the 2012 Paralympic games and won a gold medal in the 400m- T44 category. One year later he is no longer competing but instead fighting a murder charge following the death of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in February.

Read more: http://www.thesouthafrican.com/news/oscar-pistorius-has-been-replaced-paralympic-president.htm

Do you think on 19 August the judge will set a date for when the trial begins?

During the brief hearing, South African Magistrate Daniel Thulare granted prosecutors' request to postpone the case until Aug. 19 to give police investigators more time to gather evidence and interview witnesses.

While that day just happens to be what would have been Steenkamp's 30th birthday, defense lawyers for the 26-year-old Paralympian otherwise known as Blade Runner did not object to the delay.

http://au.eonline.com/news/425963/o...poned-until-aug-19-reeva-steenkamp-s-birthday

February incident to August trial? You wouldn't find that in most other countries. Is that even enough time to gather all the evidence necessary?

Due to their being unable to examine the encrypted phones by now, it seems that they will need more time.

Does the Defence have a right to not object to an extension again?

IMO it could be ominous in achieving justice for Reeva that it will be on her birthday!

Pistorius' next court appearance is on Aug. 19, when prosecutors may indict him and a date could be set for the start of his murder trial, possibly in September or October.

http://news.yahoo.com/family-pistorius-starts-low-key-track-routine-094835340.html

The National Prosecuting Authority said it expected to prepare an indictment for his next appearance and hoped that the trial would begin before the end of the year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/05/world/africa/oscar-pistorius-trial.html?_r=0

The first court date after an indictment and arrest is typically the arraignment, at which point the defendant is formally given the charges against him or her, and a plea is entered (of guilty, not guilty, or no contest). The trial will proceed after this depending on a variety of circumstances, including the plea entered and the severity of the charges.

http://www.superpages.com/supertips/indictment.html

How simple and unproblematic for an offender to forget his password - and no hacker manages to get of the unencrypted data. It makes me crazy thinking OP would save himself with this excuse. :pullhair:

It is obvious with his forgotten access code excuse, that there has to be something very damning on his phone that could quickly prove his affidavit a concoction of lies.

He gets out on bail with an absolute BS of a tale, now IMO he is deliberately withholding evidence again from the LE, he thinks he can get away with anything.

As, I think it was Shane who posted a while back, that the LE should have checked the phone records of his family members and close friends to see if OP or anyone had contacted any of them in the early hours of the 14th. Also they should have asked to come forward with details anyone who contacted or had been contacted by OP in the hours before ,around the time or after he shot Reeva.

Absolutely no-one will forget their access codes, especially someone in OP's position, since it would be important for him to keep in regular contact with his promoters, trainers etc.

If he had nothing to hide, then handing over all phones right away to the LE with all access codes would be the immediate act of a innocent person. Failing to do so IMO is another big pointer towards guilt but I believe the phones contents whilst very important to the case against him, will not be the be all and end all.

IMO the LE forensics experts will also have found other condemning evidence that will prove his affidavit a pack of lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member