General Discussion Thread No. 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hair and fingernails continue to grow after death.

Hair and fingernails do not continue to grow after death. That is a myth It may appear that way because the skin dries and shrinks up making it look as though the hair and fingernails have grown.

Marvelous post by Strombone! Clear and incisive look into CM's media campaign strategy.

Topic: Pathology

Expert: DANIL HAMMOUDI.MD
Date: 7/30/2004
Subject: hair and nail growth after death

Question
We were discussing death at work and two of my co-workers said that hair and nails continue to grow after you die. Is this true and if so, I would like to know why and how?

Answer

In a way it is true up to certain limit where the growth post mortem stops.

The only part of hair that's still alive is the follicle, which has its own blood supply. Once that supply is gone, there can be no growth. Fingernails are the same way.

the other element after a while after death when all the water it out the body we have the impression that the hair and nail still growing but in fact it the dehydration effect.[/b]

At any rate, if the McCanns had been drugging Maddie during the entire two week vacation, as is suspected, and perhaps even at home before the trip, there would have been enough hair grown out to show this.

Thanks, Colomom, that was very insightful.

Clarence Mitchell did not get to a Cabinet level position (head of media monitoring with the BBC) without a marked degree of professional skill at handling the media.

In the thread about the vengeful maid, I mentioned that it had jarred me the felon had taken Cuddle Cat from Madeleine & placed it on "a high shelf". It might well be natural for a maid to do that but it does not seem natural for anyone else. Further, if one of the McCanns had been bedside & moved the stuffed toy, Kate McCann would not have immediately drawn attention to the toy and its being displaced. The window pried from the inside continues to puzzle me. Also, a speck or drop of blood was found on a window sill in the flat. I would like to know if this was the sill of the same window. I believe that it was. I am still disturbed by the men who had been taking photos of the children at the water too. It seems that was examined & dismissed but it is a red flag for me. I think the facts regarding the children's supper have been settled. The restaurant staff who insisted Madeleine ate w. her parents at their place handed over the CCTV of a meal and the police determined the staff was mistaken about the date of the video. There seems to be no reason to doubt Madeleine had high tea at the creche.

Does anybody know what kind of questions the
aerobics woman asked during the quiz?

The man taking pictures at the beach has been ruled out as having nothing to do with Madeleine.

The window wasn't pried from the inside. The resort directors nor the PJ found any evidence of tampering on the window.

EXACTLY what I would write if I was articulate and educated and...had the time ;)

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=458047&highlight=#458047

Scroll down to:

Slammer: Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:41 pm

"As far as I am concerned, it's not a debate. I have been convinced from an early stage that both Gerry and Kate McCann were involved in the death of their child."

<continues>

Very passionate and well reasoned argument, Colomom. Good point about choosing either Jane Tanner or Jeremy Wilkins as being truthful and accurate. They can't both be. Pick one.

EXACTLY what I would write if I was articulate and educated and...had the time ;)

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=458047&highlight=#458047

Scroll down to:

Slammer: Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:41 pm

"As far as I am concerned, it's not a debate. I have been convinced from an early stage that both Gerry and Kate McCann were involved in the death of their child."

<continues>

This is excellent. What the abduction theorists just don't understand is that every time they (or Clarence Mitchell) open their mouths, they indict themselves.

Fabulous post from Strombone Colomom, thanks for posting. Got it spot on I think, couldn't have said it better myself :)

Thanks all for the appreciation on those "contributions" I am making!

You make my heart "sing". I am trying to offer thoughtful, reasoned, intelligent, logical contributions, however biased (so, sue me), they may be.

I am happy you enjoy!

~hugs and love :blowkiss:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/1609_maddie.shtml

Link that tells about Jeremy Wilkins. I'm posting this
for the person who wanted to know if I knew who his
significant other is/was. I don't know, but this article claims they know.

One other thing.

On the map that says Tanners' apartment I'd just like
to say that that is incorrect. There aren't any Tanners.
There is a Jane Tanner. Her partner is Russell O'Brien.
So it would be Jane Tanner's apartment.

It's this incredible attention to fine detail that makes
me such a pleasure to have around, and, of course,
helps me earn the astronomically high salary, that,
frankly, I deserve.

Over and Out.

Bob,

So humble you are
Speaking your sentences and links
the applause deafens.

That sounds like a haiku.

Anyway, thanks very much for your nice reply! :)

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/1609_maddie.shtml

Link that tells about Jeremy Wilkins. I'm posting this
for the person who wanted to know if I knew who his
significant other is/was. I don't know, but this article claims they know.

One other thing.

On the map that says Tanners' apartment I'd just like
to say that that is incorrect. There aren't any Tanners.
There is a Jane Tanner. Her partner is Russell O'Brien.
So it would be Jane Tanner's apartment.

It's this incredible attention to fine detail that makes
me such a pleasure to have around, and, of course,
helps me earn the astronomically high salary, that,
frankly, I deserve.

Over and Out.

Detail, detail, detail.....you are a pleasure!

Thanks Bob&Bob....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members