General Discussions #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JerseyGirl said:
Exactly.

I wonder if he brought the stuff to a local pawn shop. I wonder how many are in that area. Would LE tell the pawn shop owners not to make any statements if asked. For example, if we were to start calling pawn shops, and happen to find the one to which Raven brought his item(s), would they be allowed to tell us what was brought in? I'm sure they must remember - LE would have been there only about 5 weeks ago. I'm not sure how often LE comes into the shop and takes items for an investigation but I HOPE that it isn't so often that the pawn shop owner wouldn't specifically remember Raven's case.
I've always thought it odd, for an area this size, but actually there are a good number of pawn shops around. However, if you look at the search warrant closely, for the pawn ticket, in the notations is says "National." National is the name of a pawn shop in Durham. Just FYI...

I just had a thought. If he did pawn something on the 25th, as Rooster has mentioned, I wonder if it COULD have been stuff of Janet's that he took without her knowledge. Maybe she didn't notice the stuff was gone until the 26th when she was getting ready for work or something; goes to put on watch or jewelry and notices stuff missing. Raven's still sleeping so she decides to confront him when she gets home from work, and then an argument breaks out. She mentions that she would rather be home with Kaiden yet she's the one going off to work everyday to support the 3 of them, and what happens while she's at work? He's off pawning not his stuff but hers.

JerseyGirl said:
I just had a thought. If he did pawn something on the 25th, as Rooster has mentioned, I wonder if it COULD have been stuff of Janet's that he took without her knowledge. Maybe she didn't notice the stuff was gone until the 26th when she was getting ready for work or something; goes to put on watch or jewelry and notices stuff missing. Raven's still sleeping so she decides to confront him when she gets home from work, and then an argument breaks out. She mentions that she would rather be home with Kaiden yet she's the one going off to work everyday to support the 3 of them, and what happens while she's at work? He's not off pawning not his stuff but hers.
That is interesting - it had to have been hard for her, after having to give up a job she loved at Eurosport because of Raven, to have to go back to work to keep the family afloat so soon after having a baby. But Raven still kept buying stuff. That's why I wonder - maybe Raven was at the wall and was completely out of money. I mean, if you are pawning a stereo, that can't be worth a lot of money. At least I don't think so..

Moxie said:
Hi Golfmom,

.......... But still he kept buying.. It makes me wonder how much did he truly communicate to Janet - did he live in fear of her finding out he deeply in the hole he had gotten them?

sigh ... I wonder too if she really had any clue what her husband was doing financially. I just don't get the sense though that he lived in fear of her finding out. I don't think he cared enough to consider her feelings when he was out taking care of his *needs* (both finacially and fidelity)

Moxie said:
It seems like Raven might have had an issue with money, in the context that he "had to have" so many things. Almost as if he couldn't control himself when it came to material things.
I think that in Raven's childhood, he must have felt very lonely and powerless. I think that money and expensive items make him feel more worthy. We've heard stories of him one-upping; he has to have the best of everything, the most unique of everything - cars, clothes, soccer shoes, stories, etc. He might not have formed emotional attachment well because he was moving around so much during his formative years. He couldn't make true friends in such short periods of time; he had to imitate friendships in order to fit in quickly. If you're coming into a school with established cliques, etc., it's hard to fit in at all, let alone quickly. To fit in quickly, you have to have something that impresses people, and makes them want to be near you. So you put on the expensive stuff, act like you have money, and charm your way right in. I think that Raven's penchant for expensive things, (if it is as it appears to be), is based not only only habit or arrogance but also a need to feel like he is worth something, and to try to present himself in such a way as to make people like him. Also, I've heard that he has a step-father but I don't know when that happened or if he liked him or what but it doesn't seem as if Raven had a good role model for the way to be a man, (and I'm not saying that to be funny).

So that's my analysis for this morning. This is pure speculation based on many, many things that we've read. I know that someone will probably want to bite my head off for this one but - if the above is true, there's a part of me that feels bad for Raven. :truce: If I find out down the road that he's arrested for Janet's murder, I know that I won't feel that way anymore but right now I still do.

golfmom said:
sigh ... I wonder too if she really had any clue what her husband was doing financially. I just don't get the sense though that he lived in fear of her finding out. I don't think he cared enough to consider her feelings when he was out taking care of his *needs* (both finacially and fidelity)
Hi Golfmom,

You are right, I didn't stop to think that someone who would commit adultery would stop to really care if his wife was upset about his spending.. My guess is that with Raven, as long as it looked okay to the outside world, that is all that mattered.

I think order to compensate for his poor upbringing he felt he needed to have the biggest and best EVERYTHING. Lifestyle Envy.

I bet as a small boy he dreamed of being a soccer star and wondered why he felt short and wasn't worthy to manage a career as a player.

And here he had this beautiful, smart & talented wife ... give her a little time and her life would be first and his second. Was he resentful that she would have had the better, career & life if she was planning on leaving him?

SouthEastSleuth said:
I've always thought it odd, for an area this size, but actually there are a good number of pawn shops around. However, if you look at the search warrant closely, for the pawn ticket, in the notations is says "National." National is the name of a pawn shop in Durham. Just FYI...
Ahh, I'm an idiot!!! I wonder if someone should call them. :innocent:

haha JerseyGirl ... here we are miles apart, sitting at our keyboards, thinking the exact same thoughts and posting them at the exact same time.
:blowkiss:

JerseyGirl said:
Ahh, I'm an idiot!!! I wonder if someone should call them. :innocent:
Ahh - you're not an idiot!! I didn't think of that either - SES - you rock!!

golfmom said:
haha JerseyGirl ... here we are miles apart, sitting at our keyboards, thinking the exact same thoughts and posting them at the exact same time.
:blowkiss:
LOL! Of course you gave the concise version while I went for the annoying, long & drawn-out one. But honestly, we ARE starting to think alike ... ya' think we've been spending too much time together? :)

Quick, someone solve this soon ... golfmom & I are becoming one person!!!

golfmom said:
I think order to compensate for his poor upbringing he felt he needed to have the biggest and best EVERYTHING. Lifestyle Envy.

I bet as a small boy he dreamed of being a soccer star and wondered why he felt short and wasn't worthy to manage a career as a player.

And here he had this beautiful, smart & talented wife ... give her a little time and her life would be first and his second. Was he resentful that she would have had the better, career & life if she was planning on leaving him?
That would make sense. I feel kind of sorry for him - he didn't have what it took to make it in either sports or his professional career. And that has to be hard to deal with. Janet seemed to have so much talent and accomplish things effortlessly. She didn't need to flaunt or brag, she was the real deal.

Moxie said:
Ahh - you're not an idiot!! I didn't think of that either - SES - you rock!!
I agree. SES, you're an AMAZING addition to this forum!!! :)

So ... who's courageous enough to call? I, myself, tend to be shy and stuttery with stuff like that.

JerseyGirl said:
LOL! Of course you gave the concise version while I went for the annoying, long & drawn-out one. But honestly, we ARE starting to think alike ... ya' think we've been spending too much time together? :)

Quick, someone solve this soon ... golfmom & I are becoming one person!!!

:croc:

Moxie said:
That would make sense. I feel kind of sorry for him - he didn't have what it took to make it in either sports or his professional career. And that has to be hard to deal with. Janet seemed to have so much talent and accomplish things effortlessly. She didn't need to flaunt or brag, she was the real deal.
Agreed. What makes me feel even worse for him is when I think about what he might have gone through growing up. I don't know enough but from the glimpses he gave us about his life, I don't think that his personality flaws are his fault. The one big blog entry that he chose to write about was his childhood. I think that there's a definite reason why that's what came out of his mind that day.

Moxie said:

I don't feel sorry for him. He had more opportunities than most people ever do and he took them for granted!

How many young kids would love to have a college education, but it's not a possibility for them due to life hardships? How many early 20-yo's WITHOUT college educations are HANDED the opportunity to jump into management. Nothing was good enough for him, and he has no idea how good he really had.

P.S. And when you read his sister's MySpace, it's actually pretty heart-breaking. How far apart are they in age? Did they grow up together? Because if they did, whatever is causing her pain could also be causing him the same pain.

golfmom said:
I don't feel sorry for him. He had more opportunities than most people ever do and he took them for granted!

How many young kids would love to have a college education, but it's not a possibility for them due to life hardships? How many early 20-yo's WITHOUT college educations are HANDED the opportunity to jump into management. Nothing was good enough for him, and he has no idea how good he really had.
You're right, he probably didn't. But a part of that is because I don't think that Raven ever felt good enough himself - for himself, his family, his friends, his employers, etc. He was never satisfied with what he had on the outside because I don't think that he was ever satisfied with what he had on the inside. And the reason that that makes me feel bad for him is because I think this stuff began when he was too young to even realize it and through no fault of his own.

JerseyGirl said:
Agreed. What makes me feel even worse for him is when I think about what he might have gone through growing up. I don't know enough but from the glimpses he gave us about his life, I don't think that his personality flaws are his fault. The one big blog entry that he chose to write about was his childhood. I think that there's a definite reason why that's what came out of his mind that day.

ACK! We stopped thinking alike ... he didn't grow up in foster care and was thrown out at 18 years old. Somehow, even though he wasn't *into* school he made it to college. JG, you and I follow most of the same cases and stories ... no one threw him into a radiator, raped him, beat him with a belt, forced him to engage in sexual activities on the internet as a child ....

JerseyGirl said:
I agree. SES, you're an AMAZING addition to this forum!!! :)

So ... who's courageous enough to call? I, myself, tend to be shy and stuttery with stuff like that.
Hardly "amazing"! LOL I just had gone through that d##n search warrant piece by piece yesterday, so I remembered that notation.

There are actually three branches of National Jewelry and Pawn in Durham.

National Jewelry & Pawn - 2.2 miles SW - 2605 Chapel Hill Rd, Durham, 27707 - (919) 493-2335
National Jewelry & Pawn - 2.8 miles N - 3341 N Roxboro St, Durham, 27704 - (919) 220-9999
National Jewelry & Pawn - 2.5 miles NW - 2334 Guess Rd, Durham, 27705 - (919) 286-3333

The one on Guess Road would certainly be the one closest to Ferrand Drive, not that means all that much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr