Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SouthEastSleuth said:
Ok, here goes, I'll try and be clear. First of all the street Cohnwood is the street running perpendicular to the pic (running west to east). It end in the curve and suddenly become Ferrand Drive. Just past the white car there is a driveway on the right. That is NOT the drive. IT IS THE NEXT DRIVEWAY.....

Hope that helps??

So it is the house that we originally thought it was? the second driveway (on the right) past the bend in the road?

SouthEastSleuth said:
Ok, here goes, I'll try and be clear. First of all the street Cohnwood is the street running perpendicular to the pic (running west to east). It end in the curve and suddenly become Ferrand Drive. Just past the white car there is a driveway on the right. That is NOT the drive. IT IS THE NEXT DRIVEWAY.....

Hope that helps??

This is the pic I was referring to:

http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=4&S=9&Z=17&X=6824&Y=39902&W=1&qs=2600+Cohnwood+Drive%7cdurham%7cnorth+carolina%7c&Addr=2600+Cohnwood+Dr%2c+Durham%2c+NC+27705&ALon=-78.9762070&ALat=36.0400088

golfmom said:
Newkid, did you see the archive version of pocketpcguy? He was writing to Shiloh about a bunch of properties and started talking about rats, but he wasn't worried because it was nothing a couple of good dogs couldn't take care of.
Nope, I missed that as well. Ewww

SouthEastSleuth said:
I went over and drove by the house today on Ferrand Drive (no, didn't stop, just slowed a looked around a little).
Awwww come on SES....you didn't stop and try on Raven's soccer shoes?:crazy:

Thanks! Guess I should check it all out before I go shooting my mouth off :doh:

Thanks for clearing that up Southeast. I'm still puzzled, but that's nothing new for me.

...reading that Raven might now be living with Kaiden and relatives in UTAH??

Is he living with relatives in NC or UT....and...which relative(s)??

cappuccina said:
...reading that Raven might now be living with Kaiden and relatives in UTAH??

Is he living with relatives in NC or UT....and...which relative(s)??

I think that we are just speculating that Raven may be planning to move to UT.

NCBanker said:
I don't mean to offend, but you're way off on your diamond values. There's suggested retail or appraised value, which no one EVER pays, and then there's street value, which is actually more accurate. IF Raven pawned her diamond, I can promise you he got less than $1000 for it.

Thanks for the info. I've never dealt with pawn shops. I have seen what I thought was the online equivalent at eBay but apparently eBay prices are higher than pawn shops, even when it is a pawn shop owner which is the eBay seller of the diamond or other precious gemstone item. Thanks!

Jesstexas said:
All the following is total speculation on my part - please feel free to poke holes in my theory:

Some of the intial reports said that it was a friend/coworker of Janet's who first alerted police that something was wrong because Janet hadn't responded to an (e-mail? instant?) message online. The only plausible way that makes sense to me is if Janet had told the co-worker, THAT day at work, that she had found something out (total guessing here, but something along the lines of he promised to be faithful when we reconciled and now he's carrying on with someone in the office?) and that she intended to tell him something that she knew would anger him (that she was leaving and taking the baby, perhaps?) that night. That she was concerned for her own safety, prompting the co-worker to be concerned as well.

Janet worked in an office, so I assume she arrived home in the evenings around 6:00 or so? I doubt something of the magnitude of "I'm leaving you" could wait very long after she arrived home. She tells him the jig is up, he tells her she's crazy, and she goes into the office - where the laptop is on the desk - to show him her proof. She's sitting in front the computer when he stabs her in the shoulder. She gets up and fends off another blow with her hand before he stabs her in the chest, fatally.

Her husband supposedly left the house at 7:30 to go play soccer (as someone on here has suggested)? That time would fit - off he goes to play soccer as if nothing at all is wrong, establishing his alibi. Her co-worker sees that she's online, tries instant messaging her to see how it went and gets VERY concerned when Janet won't answer.

If Kaiden was asleep when all this happened, I don't think it totally implausible that the husband would leave him alone.

If Janet was using a laptop that night, and the laptop was in the bedroom/office where her body was found, and that laptop is now missing (either hidden away somewhere by her husband or taken in an actual burglary), isn't there some way law enforcement can track whether or not it's being used?

And why hasn't the concerned co-worker come forward (assuming there is one, of course)?

Your theory is a good one. I have no problems with what you hypothesize after 6 PM that evening. However, if Janet had knowledge of an indiscretion or affair, or another money thing gone bad, why would she not have confronted Raven when she found it out, which according to your theory, would have been before she went to work? ?
I don't think I can fathom a person going to work and being able to perform with that kind of horrible knowledge and all the emotions connected to it hanging over them.
Can you?

Also, if I was afraid for my personal safety, I would either call the police and give them the evidence I had and hope mightily for an arrest if it was another crime, or get an Order of Protection against Raven if it was a personal matter like an affair, go to a women's shelter with Kaiden or call my parents and ask for help immediately. Parents are a refuge and safe haven to young adults with the kinds of problems Janet and Raven had.

I thnk Janet's parents must have been very loving and supportive from the comments I have read from her sister just after her death.
I don't know a single thing about Raven's parents, not even their real names or current places of residence.

Thinkoflaura said:
Also, if I was afraid for my personal safety, I would either call the police and give them the evidence I had and hope mightily for an arrest ....

She may have called a friend tho not thinking how seriously in danger she really was.

6 members & 23 guests on a Saturday night!

Come on guys sign up and join the discussion. :D

Ya know talking to myself is like .... :blushing: well nevermind.

golfmom said:
She may have called a friend tho not thinking how seriously in danger she really was.

Well, I doubt she thought she was going to be stabbed to death within the same day, but I would have had a contingency plan in case things did go bad in a hurry. Maybe because I come here where horrible crimes against loved ones are discussed, it makes me more wary. Like, I no longer go shopping at Wal Mart after dark alone due to the recent abductions and murders in Wal Mart parking lots with no guards or good lighting either.

We don't know how he reacted when he was telling Janet about the embezzlement.. or when she learned about his affair or affairs when they were separated.
No one knows what goes on behind closed doors and all of that.

However, if Janet had knowledge of an indiscretion or affair, or another money thing gone bad, why would she not have confronted Raven when she found it out, which according to your theory, would have been before she went to work? ?
I don't think I can fathom a person going to work and being able to perform with that kind of horrible knowledge and all the emotions connected to it hanging over them.
Can you?
No, not really. I dunno - maybe she found out while surfing online at work? I know I check my personal email account from work about 10 times every day.

Moxie said:
Hi JerseyGirl,

No, you are not making too much of it at all. You are asking very valid questions.
Thanks, Moxie. Sometimes I feel as if I'm grabbing at straws, and that maybe a point that pops in my head is totally irrelevant.

Just a rant, please keep in mind I'm thrilled at any media coverage we can get on this case. But, the news broadcast link from yesterday kind of sets my teeth on edge.

"Durham police are not saying much about the brutal murder of Janet Abaroa, but Eyewitness News has uncovered a new glimpse into the woman's family life."

Eyewitness News didn't uncover anything. Misterallgood did. You would think that they would give him a nod. I know that if they uncovered it and Misterallgood wrote a piece about the video he would certainly credit them as the original source.

It's probably another one of those reporters treating bloggers disrespectfully, but it just stinks.

This is a very interesting case that is currently in Crimes in the News forum. It does display that the alternative theory of a drug deal gone bad and revenge murder by stabbing is possible.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/Jun-03-Fri-2005/news/26656204.html

Brittney's body had nearly 20 stab wounds, but a doctor who operated on Brittney said the little girl was more concerned about her dead sister than herself.

golfmom said:
Just a rant, please keep in mind I'm thrilled at any media coverage we can get on this case. But, the news broadcast link from yesterday kind of sets my teeth on edge.

"Durham police are not saying much about the brutal murder of Janet Abaroa, but Eyewitness News has uncovered a new glimpse into the woman's family life."

Eyewitness News didn't uncover anything. Misterallgood did. You would think that they would give him a nod. I know that if they uncovered it and Misterallgood wrote a piece about the video he would certainly credit them as the original source.

It's probably another one of those reporters treating bloggers disrespectfully, but it just stinks.
I totally agree!!! They probably "found" the video when some intern stumbled onto Misterallgood's blog.

golfmom said:
This is a very interesting case that is currently in Crimes in the News forum. It does display that the alternative theory of a drug deal gone bad and revenge murder by stabbing is possible.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/Jun-03-Fri-2005/news/26656204.html

Brittney's body had nearly 20 stab wounds, but a doctor who operated on Brittney said the little girl was more concerned about her dead sister than herself.
OMG, I don't think I've ever been so sad. :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member