General Discussions #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ewwwinteresting said:
Thank you hummingbird for the information. Was his behavior any different at the family get together the next day?
There wasn't any profuse sobbing, just visiting with family.

Correct if I'm wrong, but there have been various "reports," in the VX postings, and in other writings from Raven, referencing that he has started a new job sometime earlier this year. I THINK he said something about some "IT company" in Raleigh?

Does anyone know in fact IF he had indeed started a new job? And, if so, what was the job, where, etc?

I mean, we KNOW Janet had recently started a new job with Martin Marietta in Raleigh. But I don't recall seeing any factual information regarding Raven's "new job," or if he was indeed bringing home a paycheck of any sort since being fired from Eurosport.

Hummingbird said:
Verbatim from the back of the funeral program:

A Memorial Fund has been established​
for Janet Abaroa.​
Donations can be mailed to:​
I.B.E.W. Federal Credit Union​
3405 West 1987 South​
Salt Lake City, UT 84104​

and​

Southern Virginia University​
has established the​
Janet Christiansen Abaroa Pioneer Scholarship.​
Donations can be made through the​
SVU Development Office​
Contact Jamie Stanfield​

540-261-2782​
I still think that the phrase "memorial fund" is very confusing. Who knows what it could be for. You automatically know where the money is going if donated to the scholarship fund. Plus, why is the "memorial fund" set up in SLC, where Janet didn't grow up and only had in-laws? And it is odd to me that there are two funds. Like someone's family is trying to get money out of it. IMO.

Jenifred said:
I still think that the phrase "memorial fund" is very confusing. Who knows what it could be for. You automatically know where the money is going if donated to the scholarship fund. Plus, why is the "memorial fund" set up in SLC, where Janet didn't grow up and only had in-laws? And it is odd to me that there are two funds. Like someone's family is trying to get money out of it. IMO.

I've been looking around online. I have not found any information on generic memorial funds. They all have stated purposes.

Examples: charity; research; education ... in the deceased person's memory

golfmom said:
I've been looking around online. I have not found any information on generic memorial funds. They all have stated purposes.

Examples: charity; research; education ... in the deceased person's memory
I've always seen it that way too. Hmmmm...........

This is not directed at anyone in general, but I wanted to remind folks to try to be kind to other posters.
Some people have been ridiculed or blasted for putting out the idea that this may have been a robbery maybe even a random robbery. Just because the police have stated early on that it was not a random act don't base all your thinking on this. We don't have anyother info from LE, how do we know they have not changed their mind on this? The media does not seem interested in covering this and LE is not going to call a press conference everytime they have a new theory or idea. They would not have time to investigate. When trying to solve a crime you have to look at all the possibilities.

Just because someone brings up a theory that doesn't fit into someone elses way of thinking lets not attack them. We are suppose to be looking at different theories here so we can think out loud and maybe see something we have been missing. Acknowleding someone elses theory and then saying I don't believe that is what happend is cool. Ridiculing someone for having a thought you didn't or doesn't fit into your theories accomplishes nothing. I really enjoy thses forums, but when I see people getting attacked for not thinking like everyone else it's very discouraging.

Also please remember that when LE is investingating a case, any case, there are guidelines they use to start the investigation to try to find a direction to head in. If that leads to a dead end you go back to the beginning. Once all of your avenues have been explored using these guidelines you have to start over and starting thinking 'outside of the box'. Like, yes, 9 out of 10 perps usually do this and this for this reason, but what if we are dealing with the 1 perp who doesn't fit these guidelines. FYI: I use to be friends with a detective years ago. And no, I don't think I know all their is to know about investigating a crime, none of us does.

This is suppose to be a place to exchange ideas and bounce them off of each other. Short of saying he was controlled by aliens, lets give each theory a fair shake.

Good post, curious1. Thanks for the reminder. I can certainly use a reminder once in a while. I, myself, tend to become tunnel-visioned after so much time passes. I appreciate what you've said. :)

:laugh:
golfmom said:
If I wanted to send a message I would have grabbed a baseball bat and headed for his VX.
I knew I liked you for a reason.:D We need a Smilie with devil horns.

golfmom said:
If I wanted to send a message I would have grabbed a baseball bat and headed for his VX.
I knew I liked you for a reason. :D We need a Smilie with devil horns.

Jenifred said:
:laugh: Raven's home.
HA! I almost spit water all over my monitor!:crazy:

curious1 said:

HA! I almost spit water all over my monitor!:crazy:
I have to thank golfmom for the perfect set up. That's the first thing that came to my mind when I read her post. I am still getting a chuckle out of it now.

Okay, back to the discussion. I was just thinking about the two separate placed to donate money to. Does anyone know if there was a disagreement on where money should go to between the families (Raven's and Janet's)?

From what's been demonstrated here, we know that Raven and Janet were in dire financial straits. Too many payouts, not enough paychecks. And it seems a little opportunistic to have a memorial fund that could be used to pay for his bad financial decisions--making money off of his wife's death.

How many months behind in payments do you have to be before items are repossessed?

Jenifred said:
How many months behind in payments do you have to be before items are repossessed?
I think it would depend on who is granting the credit, but from his VX posts, I would think it was getting close on his vehicle.

Jenifred said:
Okay, back to the discussion. I was just thinking about the two separate placed to donate money to. Does anyone know if there was a disagreement on where money should go to between the families (Raven's and Janet's)?

From what's been demonstrated here, we know that Raven and Janet were in dire financial straits. Too many payouts, not enough paychecks. And it seems a little opportunistic to have a memorial fund that could be used to pay for his bad financial decisions--making money off of his wife's death.

You know, this is a very good point. I am fairly certain that I read on one of the VX board posts that GM dug up, that Raven even said he was several months behind on the VX paymens (or am I remembering this incorrectly???). And I have no knowledge of how repossession works, but I can't imagine a bank, finance company, or whomever, letting you go MONTHS without paying.

Maybe someone has some idea about this???

I mean, remember, to out knowledge, we were dealing with the following vehicles, at or close to the time of the murder:

the infamous VX
a Dodge Durango (that the warrant referenced)
Janet's Acura
and maybe even still the Ducati motorcycle (no indication if and when he sold it)

THAT'S a LOT of payments it seems to me, unless some of they were already paid for I suppose....

SouthEastSleuth said:
You know, this is a very good point. I am fairly certain that I read on one of the VX board posts that GM dug up, that Raven even said he was several months behind on the VX paymens (or am I remembering this incorrectly???). And I have no knowledge of how repossession works, but I can't imagine a bank, finance company, or whomever, letting you go MONTHS without paying.

Maybe someone has some idea about this???
I just asked a couple of people who used to sell cars. The consensus is that it depends on who is financing it, but 2 or 3 months is probably the most they'd let you go.

I'm also curious about something else that was discussed really early on: the check that was taken from the house, per the warrant, that was simply referenced with an amount ($1200ish) and the name Matrix Capital.

I remember NCBanker saying that this company was some sort of regional bank. I've looked a little and it seems this bank's primary presence is in Denver. (Matrix Captial Bank is a subsidiary of Matrix Bancorp, a public company).

Did we ever find out anything about this check? Was it FROM the Abaroa's TO the bank, or, vice versa?

And why in the world would they be dealing with a bank based in Colorado, that has very little if any national presence (or in NC, Virginia, or Utah anyway).

There is also another Matrix Capital, that IS based in Virginia, but this one is more of an investment bank with personal dealings limited to a branch that deals with high worth individuals, etc.

I don't know, but $1200ish is no small amount of money, and especially not for folks in seemingly dire financial straights - a lot, whether it was coming in, or, going out!

newkid said:
I just asked a couple of people who used to sell cars. The consensus is that it depends on who is financing it, but 2 or 3 months is probably the most they'd let you go.

I remember him posting that he was behind on his payments, but I also remember that he was supposed to have paid the vehicle off in '04. Remember he bought it NEW paying top dollar.

golfmom said:
I remember him posting that he was behind on his payments, but I also remember that he was supposed to have paid the vehicle off in '04. Remember he bought it NEW paying top dollar.
Wait, I don't remember that.... do you have a reference to that? I was just searching on here and I can't find it anywhere....

And if that's true, didn't he pay it off pretty quickly??? Seems odd to me actually.....

SouthEastSleuth said:
Wait, I don't remember that.... do you have a reference to that? I was just searching on here and I can't find it anywhere....

And if that's true, didn't he pay it off pretty quickly??? Seems odd to me actually.....

I'm searching, but not finding it. I'll keep looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member